[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Author Thread
nwny
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #284
10/12/2002  11:34 PM
McDyess injures knee in exhibition loss

NEW YORK (AP) -- Antonio McDyess injured his knee late in the fourth quarter of a 94-87 loss to the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night, the latest dose of misfortune to strike the New York Knicks this preseason.

McDyess

After dunking a miss by teammate Howard Eisley, McDyess fell to the floor clutching his left knee. Surgery on the same knee limited McDyess to just 10 games last season.

McDyess was able to limp off the court under his own power, slamming the scorer's table with his hand as he headed to the locker room with 1:55 left. The initial diagnosis was a hyperextension, and McDyess was scheduled to undergo an MRI late Saturday night.

"I don't want to go through this again if it's anything major,'' McDyess said. "I just can't do that. I'm just hoping it's something minor, I get it treated and I'm back soon.''

McDyess had 23 points and 15 rebounds before going down, his third straight solid performance for the team that acquired him from Denver in a five-player trade on draft night. He was one of the lone bright spots for the Knicks on a night when they committed 28 turnovers, including seven by Allan Houston and five each by Shandon Anderson and Kurt Thomas.

A serious injury to McDyess would be devastating to the Knicks, who already lost Latrell Sprewell for 6-to-8 weeks because of a broken bone in his right hand.

"I just pray it isn't too serious,'' coach Don Chaney said. "He really is a stud. If he's healthy, he's destined for a great year.''

McDyess originally injured the knee during training camp a year ago and had surgery to repair the patella tendon. He returned and played 10 games, but soreness in the knee forced him to sit out the final month of the season.

"It's tough to take a hit like this, especially when you've seen how big a role he'll play and what he'll mean to the team,'' Houston said.

McDyess said he believed he injured the knee while landing following his dunk.

"I think I landed a little awkward and hyperextended it. I hope that's all it is,'' McDyess said.

The Knicks trailed by just one, 57-56, when Howard Eisley replaced newly anointed starter Charlie Ward at the point. Phoenix pressured Eisley in the backcourt and closed the quarter with a 12-5 run.

Shawn Marion beat Anderson on a backdoor move and converted an alley-oop dunk off a pass from rookie Amare Stoudemire for a 79-65 lead. Eisley scored seven straight points to bring the Knicks back, but he then shot an airball that the Suns turned into a breakaway dunk.

Marion led the Suns with 23 points. Joe Johnson added 17, Anfernee Hardaway 15 and Stephon Marbury -- who missed his first 11 shots -- added 13 points and eight assists.
AUTOADVERT
sexualtennis
Member: #297
USA
10/12/2002  11:57 PM
omg...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
10/13/2002  12:01 AM
Why, why god why?
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/13/2002  10:19 AM
It can't be too serious. I don't think they'll find anything wrong. He just landed on it wrong after a dunk. Players who play above the rim to that all the time. The scary part was it was his repaired knee, but i don't think they'll have any effect on each other. Hopefully it's not serious.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/13/2002  10:36 AM
As Shaq once said - you know what happens when you trade a legend...Orlando knows all about it, so do the Red Sox, now NY gets a taste. Hopefully it is nothing.

[Edited by - OasisBU on 10/13/2002 10:52:12]
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
10/13/2002  11:44 AM
anyone know the time table on the injury?
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/13/2002  2:25 PM
Oh boy. This, from the NY Daily News:
Antonio McDyess is expected to miss "most, if not the entire season" with a knee injury, a person close to the Knicks power forward told the Daily News Sunday morning.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
10/13/2002  2:49 PM
This seems to be getting worse by the minute... What the Hell did us Knick fans do to deserve such miserable luck!!!!
I miss winning!!!!
nykfan37
Member: #118
10/13/2002  2:53 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

This seems to be getting worse by the minute... What the Hell did us Knick fans do to deserve such miserable luck!!!!
I miss winning!!!!

Blindly supported the trade meaning Dolan didn't get many cmplaints...
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
10/13/2002  2:55 PM
Even is Dyess is out for a while... We would have been screwed with Camby too! He's out for a while as well... so it was a basic no win situation... If and only if.. this Dyess injury is serious..
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/13/2002  3:19 PM
This is exactly why I btched about. Its not the dice isnt a great player etc.. he just wasnt the fit for the Knicks under the scenario--we had 0 hedge to the risk. The team desperately need a good young player--they need to compile 4-5 players under the age of 25 to build a new team--they rolled the dice big time I mean they laid their wallets down on this one and got burned--you know what layden gets paid dice gets paid camby gets paid and you know whos paying them? anyone buying a ticket anyone who buys a ny knick ticket this year is beyond dumb. thank god i gave mine up ill get mine back 3-4 years from now at 1/3 the price when everyone is cleared out.
RIP Crushalot😞
nykfan37
Member: #118
10/13/2002  3:31 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

Even is Dyess is out for a while... We would have been screwed with Camby too! He's out for a while as well... so it was a basic no win situation... If and only if.. this Dyess injury is serious..

At least we would of had a rookie that would have been fun to watch
DefAndReb
Member: #336
10/13/2002  3:39 PM
We'll know just how bad at 5pm ET.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person, don't believe in curses or jinxes or myths. Things just happen, and sometimes they happen in ways that make you sit up and notice. nyvector16 is right that keep Camby and he's out too. But, hindsight being 20/20, if we had kept our draft pick, we might have someone like Butler or Wilcox to give us hope for the future. Not now. But, this is one risk Layden was right to take, and I can't fault him for it.

Whether or not you believe in supernatural occurrences, one thing is becoming a sure bet: The Dolans will sell the Knicks before they win another championship, maybe even before they see the playoffs again. If McDyess is out for most or all of the season, only some kind of miracle would get them into the playoffs, and the Dolans are already losing money and making enemies in other areas (YES network, anyone? - And if 'nobody beats the Wiz', why are they closing so many stores?)

Make no mistake, I'll still be watching the Knicks, rooting for my favorite team in my favorite sport. But I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel until the Dolans, the Laydens, and everything they have done is UNdone.

May the players prove me wrong and go all the way. Good luck, guys.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
10/13/2002  5:54 PM
Posted by nwny:

McDyess injures knee in exhibition loss

NEW YORK (AP) -- Antonio McDyess injured his knee late in the fourth quarter of a 94-87 loss to the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night, the latest dose of misfortune to strike the New York Knicks this preseason.

McDyess

After dunking a miss by teammate Howard Eisley, McDyess fell to the floor clutching his left knee. Surgery on the same knee limited McDyess to just 10 games last season.

McDyess was able to limp off the court under his own power, slamming the scorer's table with his hand as he headed to the locker room with 1:55 left. The initial diagnosis was a hyperextension, and McDyess was scheduled to undergo an MRI late Saturday night.

"I don't want to go through this again if it's anything major,'' McDyess said. "I just can't do that. I'm just hoping it's something minor, I get it treated and I'm back soon.''

McDyess had 23 points and 15 rebounds before going down, his third straight solid performance for the team that acquired him from Denver in a five-player trade on draft night. He was one of the lone bright spots for the Knicks on a night when they committed 28 turnovers, including seven by Allan Houston and five each by Shandon Anderson and Kurt Thomas.

A serious injury to McDyess would be devastating to the Knicks, who already lost Latrell Sprewell for 6-to-8 weeks because of a broken bone in his right hand.

"I just pray it isn't too serious,'' coach Don Chaney said. "He really is a stud. If he's healthy, he's destined for a great year.''

McDyess originally injured the knee during training camp a year ago and had surgery to repair the patella tendon. He returned and played 10 games, but soreness in the knee forced him to sit out the final month of the season.

"It's tough to take a hit like this, especially when you've seen how big a role he'll play and what he'll mean to the team,'' Houston said.

McDyess said he believed he injured the knee while landing following his dunk.

"I think I landed a little awkward and hyperextended it. I hope that's all it is,'' McDyess said.

The Knicks trailed by just one, 57-56, when Howard Eisley replaced newly anointed starter Charlie Ward at the point. Phoenix pressured Eisley in the backcourt and closed the quarter with a 12-5 run.

Shawn Marion beat Anderson on a backdoor move and converted an alley-oop dunk off a pass from rookie Amare Stoudemire for a 79-65 lead. Eisley scored seven straight points to bring the Knicks back, but he then shot an airball that the Suns turned into a breakaway dunk.

Marion led the Suns with 23 points. Joe Johnson added 17, Anfernee Hardaway 15 and Stephon Marbury -- who missed his first 11 shots -- added 13 points and eight assists.
HArdcore and i were at the game in the garden. When it happened, Chaney went to his aid and the garden was extremly silent!! LAydown needs to go for trying to roll the Dice but crapped out!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
nwny
10/15/2002  3:31 PM
Posted by nykfan37:
Posted by nyvector16:

I miss winning!!!!

Blindly supported the trade meaning Dolan didn't get many cmplaints...
Have you been living in cave. The fans at the draft booed the trade, and lots of people on this board were against the trade. I think I should point out, before anyone ask, I was for the trade and I still think it was a good trade.
nwny
10/15/2002  3:35 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

This is exactly why I btched about. Its not the dice isnt a great player etc.. he just wasnt the fit for the Knicks under the scenario--we had 0 hedge to the risk. The team desperately need a good young player--they need to compile 4-5 players under the age of 25 to build a new team--they rolled the dice big time I mean they laid their wallets down on this one and got burned--you know what layden gets paid dice gets paid camby gets paid and you know whos paying them? anyone buying a ticket anyone who buys a ny knick ticket this year is beyond dumb. thank god i gave mine up ill get mine back 3-4 years from now at 1/3 the price when everyone is cleared out.
That's because you are not a true fan. You are just a "fiarweather johnson". If you don't know what that is I'll tell you. It is someone who only supports there team when they are winning. I think this board could use a 3-4 year break from your stupid post.
nwny
10/15/2002  3:37 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

We'll know just how bad at 5pm ET.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person, don't believe in curses or jinxes or myths. Things just happen, and sometimes they happen in ways that make you sit up and notice. nyvector16 is right that keep Camby and he's out too. But, hindsight being 20/20, if we had kept our draft pick, we might have someone like Butler or Wilcox to give us hope for the future. Not now. But, this is one risk Layden was right to take, and I can't fault him for it.

Whether or not you believe in supernatural occurrences, one thing is becoming a sure bet: The Dolans will sell the Knicks before they win another championship, maybe even before they see the playoffs again. If McDyess is out for most or all of the season, only some kind of miracle would get them into the playoffs, and the Dolans are already losing money and making enemies in other areas (YES network, anyone? - And if 'nobody beats the Wiz', why are they closing so many stores?)

Make no mistake, I'll still be watching the Knicks, rooting for my favorite team in my favorite sport. But I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel until the Dolans, the Laydens, and everything they have done is UNdone.

May the players prove me wrong and go all the way. Good luck, guys.
True, true, and true. Good post.
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
10/15/2002  3:39 PM
ditto - Us against the world.
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy