[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Make Houston and Spree compete for SG!!!
Author Thread
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
10/11/2002  9:42 PM
These guys obviously are very talented. It seems to me that complacency is what kills this team year in and year out. Make these guys compete against eachother... I guarantee you both these guys would become aamazing... I say make them total rivals.. and if worst comes to worst... trade one of them once you make them put a lil heart into their game day in and day out... Personally I think kSpree would win that contest... but Houston is definitely capable of beating Spree fo the position... it's all about the Heart at this point! It look like Dyess is gona be great this season... And with a layed back coach like Chaney... I say this would be the team's best option... Thoughts...?
AUTOADVERT
nwny
Member: #284
10/11/2002  9:58 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

.. and if worst comes to worst... trade one of them
Um, we've tried this all Summer long. Ah, it didn't go very well.

[Edited by - nwny on 10/11/2002 21:58:33]
nyvector16
USA
10/11/2002  10:18 PM
We had a tough time shopping Spree because we came off a bad season... With Dyess in there taking some attention away from the shooters, both Spree and Houston will excell... Put a lil fire in their ass by making them compete for the same spot.. and you will get intensity from these characters day in and day out... Easier to trade either one once you have a few nice games under your belt...
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
10/11/2002  10:58 PM
Would Chaney have the balls? - With Spoon holding down the 3 - It might work...
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
DefAndReb
Member: #336
10/12/2002  3:27 PM
Another possibility is this: Give Spree what he wants and start him and Houston. If both are doing well, they both stay on the court. Otherwise, the one who struggles gets benched first, bring in Spoon, and either Spree or Houston is SG. This keeps chemistry (Spree doesn't complain about not starting) and competition (the one who plays better at the start stays on the court longer.)
nyvector16
USA
10/12/2002  6:12 PM
That would definitely be one very good way of doing it... If they were to pull it off, they would have to announce their intentions and have a dedline for definitive starters a month later. It would be very nice if they did that...
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
10/12/2002  8:20 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

Another possibility is this: Give Spree what he wants and start him and Houston. If both are doing well, they both stay on the court. Otherwise, the one who struggles gets benched first, bring in Spoon, and either Spree or Houston is SG. This keeps chemistry (Spree doesn't complain about not starting) and competition (the one who plays better at the start stays on the court longer.)

Sounds like a good idea to me, but is Chaney wise enough to use it? And will Spree and Houston agree to it? Personally I think having both on the court plus Dyess makes this team pretty potent (they rock in NBA2k3 by the way) but only one of the spree houston duo will be hot during each game - but having both of them plus dyess will counter balance that and we should be set. Now our PG situation is another story.....
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
vinzie27
Member: #129
10/12/2002  10:03 PM
i dont understand why vangundy and chaney wont bench one of them more often. the more i watch them play the more i think that they dont complement each other. sure, sometimes they click and its a 1-2 punch. but most of the times it one person who gets hot, and the other fades in the background. why not take bench the other player, and put in anderson or spoon, and just let him rest. both of them defenitly is going to need the rest this year with all the running.
nwny
Member: #284
10/13/2002  12:20 AM
Posted by nyvector16:

That would definitely be one very good way of doing it... If they were to pull it off, they would have to announce their intentions and have a dedline for definitive starters a month later. It would be very nice if they did that...
This would never work. This would create a whole new distraction to worry about. The media would go nuts! Every day it would be the Spree/Houston benching watch. It would totally distract form winning. I could see Spree becoming a serious ball hog. Stealing passes from his teammates etc. I could see Houston regressive into a player afraid to make a mistake because he's afraid to get benched. Look how well the point guard competition is going. Charlie has completely taken himself out of the offense because he trying to hard to be the "passing" PG and Eisley hold the ball too much because he thinks if he scores more he will get the staring job. It's a disaster.

[Edited by - nwny on 10/13/2002 00:21:40]
Make Houston and Spree compete for SG!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy