Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/30/2001  2:32 PM
Additions: Shandon Anderson, Howard Eisley, Clarence Weatherspoon

Subtractions: Glen Rice, Mugsy Bogues

Rookies: Michael Wright, Eric Chenowith

Marcus Camby can lift all the weights he wants over the summer, but he still can't play center and power forward at the same time. Latrell Sprewell and re-signed Allan Houston cannot continue to play the same postion on the same floor on the same team. The Knicks cannot expect the addition of another undersized power forward and exit of an overaged shooter to change any of their existing problems. The Knicks can't replace one former Jazz employee (Dave Checketts) with three others (Scott Layden, Shandon Anderson and Howard Eisley) and hope to improve unless one of them is named Karl Malone. Don't get us wrong. Eighty-three million in annual salary can get you a lot of things, but it seems a complete professional basketball team isn't one of them.

Grade: C-plus They retained Allan Houston sans No-Trade clause, meaning that the shooting guard remains a commodity that can be dealt in a few months. Don't be surprised if this roster remains in flux.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/30/2001  2:56 PM
these guys are retarded, every NBA roster remains in flux all the time as teams are trying to continually improve. No teams have kept the same players on their teams over the past 3 seasons!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/30/2001  3:42 PM
Agreed about the retarded part. Can't believe that no one thinks Thomas is not ready to start full time at the power forward position. Didn't he make the grade with his play in the playoffs? Solid defender, low post play, hustle, rebounding - nothing stellar mind you, but a player that fits into the sceme of things.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
8/30/2001  5:30 PM
Posted by martin:

Agreed about the retarded part. Can't believe that no one thinks Thomas is not ready to start full time at the power forward position. Didn't he make the grade with his play in the playoffs? Solid defender, low post play, hustle, rebounding - nothing stellar mind you, but a player that fits into the sceme of things.

Agreed. When we lost Oak I thought we were finished, but Thomas has proven he is a true Knick. Now if he can just stop bitching at the officials...
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/30/2001  6:08 PM
I guess the knicks will just have to prove everyone wrong during the season and during the playoffs. I still like our chances and feel we have as good a chance as anyone in the east. If healthy you can expect the knicks to fight it out in the end and play as well as they are capable of playing. Prediction: 3rd in east; Will play in eastern conference finals; 50-50 to go to the finals. No joke, i have confidence in my team.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
8/31/2001  1:32 AM
How can a team that gets rid of Rice for 2 good players, has Longley retiring and sign Spoon for the exception only get a C+???
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
8/31/2001  9:59 AM
Posted by VG:

How can a team that gets rid of Rice for 2 good players, has Longley retiring and sign Spoon for the exception only get a C+???

Probably because we didnt address the biggest need= size. If we already had good size and made those moves we would have probably gotten and A!
RemBee76
Member: #89
USA
8/31/2001  1:11 PM
Or maybe its because the Rice deal will prove to not be as much of a slam-dunk as people think it is, when Anderson proves unable to make up for the loss in offensive production and Eisley proves to be the mediocre-at-best point guard that most people in the league understand him to be.

You could also ask, how can a team that signs a one-dimensional guard to a max contract making him untradeable, gives huge contracts to an under-sized PF and a SF that brings little besides "youth" to the team, creates a glut at the PG position, and still does not address its major needs get as much as a C+?
Its like a groupie website, or bitter ex-wives club. -Sebstar
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/31/2001  9:39 PM
We did add more size, we got a bigger and much stronger Marcus Camby. Right now i would give us a "B" for a grade, but if we can trade Ward or Jax for someone like Dampier or Miller we should get moved up to that "A".
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/1/2001  8:11 PM
Posted by ToddTT:

When we lost Oak I thought we were finished, but Thomas has proven he is a true Knick. Now if he can just stop bitching at the officials...

Right, I forgot to mention the complaining, but I think when he starts and knows he is going to get minutes the mouth stays shut.

(and welcome to the Forums)
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Insider Offseason Report

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy