[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Think about this
Author Thread
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
5/16/2006  11:56 PM
If Isiah Thomas does take over as head coach and employs an up tempo offense, I think he will be able to take advantage of the type of players already on our roster. For example: Francis, Crawford, Frye, Woods, Nate, Q & Lee all have FAST BREAK potential, while we still have HALF COURT players in Marbury, Curry, MoTaylor, JJ, JRose & MRose so we have the ability to play half court ball when we get to the playoffs !!!

Remember that Phoenix, Dallas & New Jersey all have a push the ball style of play, all three made the playoffs with EXCELLENT regular season records and all three play NO defense. With that being said, I will take the Knicks being a mirror image of any one of those teams.
Another note worth mentioning is that 2 of the 3 mentioned above are on their way to the conference finals. ( Dallas & Phoenix )
An added bonus is after compairing to these three teams, we are the only one with a Legit post up center.
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/16/2006  11:58 PM
crazy enough that it just might work
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
OngBok
Thailand
5/17/2006  12:06 AM
Silverfuel is it really that far fetched ?? For example look at Phoenix the year before they got Nash, then the following year they explode !! That show one person can make a difference. Even with a coach, for example look at the Lakers Last year with Rudy T, now look with Phil back in control !!

Watch for the transformation when Zeke takes over !!!
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
5/17/2006  12:10 AM
Yeah, that's all it takes. Play uptempo and a spot in the conference finals is all but guaranteed. Unf***ing unbelievable.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/17/2006  12:15 AM
Dallas plays defense and New Jersey has players that create turnovers. There are no Knick players that create turnovers or block shots and there aren't any good defensive players on the Knicks period.

Run and Gun will not work with the Knicks. It might translate to more wins but it won't translate to anything remotely close to an NBA championship.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
OngBok
Thailand
5/17/2006  12:18 AM
Well for now i will take MORE WINS !!! We can work on the title as we go along but i want wins NOW !!!
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
5/17/2006  12:20 AM
Run and Gun will mean as much to these Knicks as it did to the Denver Nuggets under Paul Westhead.

If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
nyk4ever
USA
5/17/2006  12:23 AM
Another thing. All 3 teams that you mentioned have Uptempo PGs running their teams. Where is the uptempo PG on the Knicks? Stephon Marbury was traded from Phoenix becuase he didn't want to run D'Antoni's uptempo style of play. Why's he going to want to run it for Isiah Thomas and/or be successful with it?
nyk4ever
USA
5/17/2006  12:24 AM
I can't believe how many people are so short-sighted with this team. Why not start over and do things right? Why the hell should we keep patching up this sinking ship!
OngBok
Thailand
5/17/2006  12:25 AM
You forget we still have Francis who is very capable. If memory serves me correct, didn't Marbury request an uptempo change during the season ??? Please correct me if i'm wrong.
OngBok
Thailand
5/17/2006  12:28 AM
What are we patching ??? Zeke will play the young guys and you know that. Nate, Frye, Butler, Lee, Woods, Craw, Curry are all in their early 20's. We are younger and more athletic, we just need the right coach and style of play. CONFIDENCE is what the players need and who better to install that ?? Yes, your favorite bad boy. They will listen to him, we all know that.
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
5/17/2006  6:51 AM
Posted by OngBok:

If Isiah Thomas does take over as head coach and employs an up tempo offense, I think he will be able to take advantage of the type of players already on our roster. For example: Francis, Crawford, Frye, Woods, Nate, Q & Lee all have FAST BREAK potential, while we still have HALF COURT players in Marbury, Curry, MoTaylor, JJ, JRose & MRose so we have the ability to play half court ball when we get to the playoffs !!!

Remember that Phoenix, Dallas & New Jersey all have a push the ball style of play, all three made the playoffs with EXCELLENT regular season records and all three play NO defense. With that being said, I will take the Knicks being a mirror image of any one of those teams.
Another note worth mentioning is that 2 of the 3 mentioned above are on their way to the conference finals. ( Dallas & Phoenix )
An added bonus is after compairing to these three teams, we are the only one with a Legit post up center.

Dallas, Phoenix and NJ all play better defense then the Knicks. They all are better defensive rebounding teams then the Knicks. Who exactly is getting the stops you need to run. Who exactly is getting the rebounds and making the outlet passes.

So Marbury suggested we go up tempo and Marbury knows so much about winning?

Think about this

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy