[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Did Isiah have any input in Larry's rotations, benching, substitutions?

Author Poll
Killa4luv
Member: #261
USA
Simply put, do you think the rotations, DNP's, substitutions, late-game decisions/subs, etc. were Larry's decisions and his only, or did Larry take his cue from Isiah on some/any of this? For example did Isiah maybe tell LB to run some of those last minute plays for Maurice Taylor? Or did he tell LB to put Nate on the inactive list? I started this poll because this was suggested on another thread and I would like to see how many people think this happened. Yes means= I believe Isiah had some input on some portion (big or small) of LB's coaching decisions. This kind of thing happens all the time. No means= Larry is a bonafide HOFer and would never allow anyones interference. The idea is completely ludicrous. Please explain you vote, I need to know not just who thinks yes or no, but why they feel so.
YES
NO
View Results

Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/11/2006  2:07 PM
What's the point of starting a poll if the author is going to refer in the poll to one of his two options as ludicrous?
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/11/2006  2:08 PM
who cares what we think?
pure speculation... to what end?

[Edited by - panos on 05-11-2006 2:08 PM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/11/2006  2:13 PM
play calling? come on man, that's just ridiculous. of course not.

but every gm influences coaches from time to time on who should play. that's nothing new. that's why some people get showcased. that's why guys like sweetney was on IR b/c of spoon. it's always worked that way. i don't think isiah is like, "play mo taylor or else" but isiah could be like "hey man, give mo some primetime minutes so we can try to trade him". or "hey larry, i just gave up 2 unprotected #1's for eddy, you gotta keep starting him." stuff like that goes on all the time.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
USA
5/11/2006  2:27 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

but every gm influences coaches from time to time on who should play. that's nothing new. that's why some people get showcased. that's why guys like sweetney was on IR b/c of spoon. it's always worked that way. i don't think isiah is like, "play mo taylor or else" but isiah could be like "hey man, give mo some primetime minutes so we can try to trade him". or "hey larry, i just gave up 2 unprotected #1's for eddy, you gotta keep starting him." stuff like that goes on all the time.

We are not talking about all the time, in the past, or other teams, we are talking about on the New York Knicks, 05-06 season LB and Isiah.

Do you honestly think Isiah said any of that to LB?
djsunyc
5/11/2006  2:37 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

We are not talking about all the time, in the past, or other teams, we are talking about on the New York Knicks, 05-06 season LB and Isiah.

that isiah asked lb to play certain players throughout the course of the season? sure.

i'm not sure what you're getting at tho...
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

5/11/2006  2:41 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

You are telling me the guy who had the balls call Isiah out in the press by saying he put together a flawed roster is now cowering to Isiah's request to play certain players....Wow, now I have heard it all....

djsunyc
5/11/2006  2:44 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by djsunyc:

You are telling me the guy who had the balls call Isiah out in the press by saying he put together a flawed roster is now cowering to Isiah's request to play certain players....Wow, now I have heard it all....

balls...cowering...what the fcuk is this?

they could've mutually agreed to everything...you don't know, do you?

all i said was that it's standard practice for gm's to suggest to coaches that they play certain people from time to time. that's the DEFINITION OF SHOWCASE. so do i think isiah asked lb to play certain players throughout the year? of course. there's nothing wrong with. there's nothing negative about it. so there's no need to spin it that way. it's always been like that in basketball.

jeez man.
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/11/2006  2:46 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

that isiah asked lb to play certain players throughout the course of the season? sure.

Seriously, your efforts to defend Larry Clown is now bordering maniacal zealotry...

djsunyc
5/11/2006  2:50 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

Seriously, your efforts to defend Larry Clown is now bordering maniacal zealotry...

no need to bust out the SAT words...
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
5/11/2006  3:14 PM
I voted "yes" because Isiah has implanted a device in Larry Brown's brain which he uses to control the coach.

When he wants Larry to make a particular decision, he sends a radio signal to that device using a controller that he holds as he watches from the stands.

The device has several menu options on its handsome LCD. Here are a few that I know about:

• Run a last minute play for Maurice Taylor
  • Put Nate on the Inactive List
  • Don't play David Lee

The device can also be used when Larry has a press conference:

• Make a random derogatory remark about _______.

The device is somewhat programmable to remember often used options, so Isiah can call up that menu option with the name "Stephon Marbury" at the press of a button.

He can also use the device to cause Larry to make specific requests of Isiah:

• Request that Isiah trade for some specified inappropriate player

Of course, Larry does have a free will and does try to disobey his puppetmaster from time to time. In this case, Isiah has a couple of options for punishing Larry:

• Cause Larry to urinate uncontrollably
  • Cause Larry to experience excruciating Acid Reflux symptoms.

In Summary, Isiah is in complete and utter control of Larry Brown, which is why this season was such a disgrace.

[Edited by - BASKETBALLJONES on 05-11-2006 15:15]
https:// It's not so hard.
oohah
Member: #887
5/11/2006  3:34 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:

I voted "yes" because Isiah has implanted a device in Larry Brown's brain which he uses to control the coach.

When he wants Larry to make a particular decision, he sends a radio signal to that device using a controller that he holds as he watches from the stands.

The device has several menu options on its handsome LCD. Here are a few that I know about:

• Run a last minute play for Maurice Taylor
  • Put Nate on the Inactive List
  • Don't play David Lee

The device can also be used when Larry has a press conference:

• Make a random derogatory remark about _______.

The device is somewhat programmable to remember often used options, so Isiah can call up that menu option with the name "Stephon Marbury" at the press of a button.

He can also use the device to cause Larry to make specific requests of Isiah:

• Request that Isiah trade for some specified inappropriate player

Of course, Larry does have a free will and does try to disobey his puppetmaster from time to time. In this case, Isiah has a couple of options for punishing Larry:

• Cause Larry to urinate uncontrollably
  • Cause Larry to experience excruciating Acid Reflux symptoms.

In Summary, Isiah is in complete and utter control of Larry Brown, which is why this season was such a disgrace.

[Edited by - BASKETBALLJONES on 05-11-2006 15:15]

Don't forget the random lineup dial! IT had that one turned all the way up past the red!

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/11/2006  3:40 PM
Who cares? Isiah shouldn't even be in NY. He's been a terrible GM.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/11/2006  3:41 PM
Isiah should be fired and re hired as the Knicks head of college scouting, b/c he's proven that's all he's good at doing, besides actually playing bball.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
JesseDark
Member: #467
5/11/2006  3:57 PM
BasketballJones oohah

That was too funny. I am trying to take a break from posting, as many here should, but that was hilarious.
Bring back dee-fense
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
USA
5/11/2006  4:16 PM
Posted by JesseDark:

BasketballJones oohah

That was too funny. I am trying to take a break from posting, as many here should, but that was hilarious.

Yeah cause you're burning the boards up with those 134 posts.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
5/11/2006  4:44 PM
waaaaa.
Posted by Allanfan20:

Isiah should be fired and re hired as the Knicks head of college scouting, b/c he's proven that's all he's good at doing, besides actually playing bball.

all kool aid all the time.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/11/2006  7:06 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Then he fits right in with the history of the Knicks organization. 2 championships from an original NBA team is just horrible to begin with. 30 years plus without a championship makes me sick.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Did Isiah have any input in Larry's rotations, benching, substitutions?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy