Channing Frye
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/10/2006  5:25 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by McK1:

how do any of you LB is senile and out to ruin his career whackos know the order to play Taylor and James more down the stretch didn't come from Isiah as a means to try and up the value of those assets?

EGADS!!! how dare you present a viable reason!!!

same reason why sweetney was on IR. gm's spend money on their players and sometimes tell coaches who to play. if you don't think any of that was going on this year, you guys are nuts.

If any of you guys believe that then you are either gullible or just plain foolish. You think that any GM since the 80s has went to Larry Brown and told him who to play and who to not play?? Do you really believe that? I want to see a show of hands because it is the most ridculous thing I ever heard. You are going to tell a man who you just gave $10 million, which is $5 million than you are making who they should play to showcase them. OK.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/10/2006  5:25 PM
So let me get this straight. Isiah asked a throw in (Malik) in the Nazy for 2 draft picks trade to start ahead of his prized lottery pick?
oohah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #887
5/10/2006  5:38 PM
I don't see Channing Frye as this hesitant player. Sometimes the smart thing to do is THINK rather than letting it fly. Isn't that the big knock on NR and JC?

In addition, if you were a rookie, and you knew that the coach was gonna cut your balls off after a miss, wouldn't you hesitate, every now and then, after a few cuttings?

Frye has shot with more confidence than most rookies ever have. He's a smart shooter. He knows when to shoot. You don't drop 20, 25, and 30 point games and shoot around 50% by being a dumb shooter.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 05-10-2006 6:07 PM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
McK1
Member: #964
5/10/2006  6:23 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by McK1:

how do any of you LB is senile and out to ruin his career whackos know the order to play Taylor and James more down the stretch didn't come from Isiah as a means to try and up the value of those assets?

EGADS!!! how dare you present a viable reason!!!

same reason why sweetney was on IR. gm's spend money on their players and sometimes tell coaches who to play. if you don't think any of that was going on this year, you guys are nuts.

If any of you guys believe that then you are either gullible or just plain foolish. You think that any GM since the 80s has went to Larry Brown and told him who to play and who to not play?? Do you really believe that? I want to see a show of hands because it is the most ridculous thing I ever heard. You are going to tell a man who you just gave $10 million, which is $5 million than you are making who they should play to showcase them. OK.

ummm yeah if LB wants them traded and name recognition isn't moving them.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/10/2006  9:27 PM
So now guys want to blame Isiah for LB's coaching decisions down the stretch of A game. Isiah told LB to run the last second play for Mo? ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?!?!?! DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME?!?!?!?
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/10/2006  11:22 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

So now guys want to blame Isiah for LB's coaching decisions down the stretch of A game. Isiah told LB to run the last second play for Mo? ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?!?!?! DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME?!?!?!?

It begs the question, how do you take these guys seriously going forward???

McK1
Member: #964
5/11/2006  3:01 AM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Killa4luv:

It begs the question, how do you take these guys seriously going forward???

still don't believe Larry Brown forgot how to coach in one summer...forgetting how to coach guys who have no true concept of playing as a team - without a doubt.

maybe Stiph had it right: not running any set plays was he key. He should've convinced Isiah to coach and perhaps he would've gotten his wish.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
5/11/2006  3:11 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i still think that one day, we will have to make a choice between frye and curry.

If only Curry had Frye's work ethic.
holfresh

5/11/2006  3:30 AM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by djsunyc:

i still think that one day, we will have to make a choice between frye and curry.

Why are you guys still beating down Curry...The guy had a heart ailment that kept him from working out for 8 months...Do you have any idea what that means...have you ever played ball?....If you play consistantly and miss one week...You lose it...Your handle is not the same...Your ups is not the same...Youw shot is off...Your timing is gone...i cannot imagine what it means trying to get back to the professional level during a season like Curry has done...Fight off injuries because you body has to get used to the pounding again...Please, cut the guy some slack, we want him for the long haul not just the sprint...

[Edited by - holfresh on 05-11-2006 03:53 AM]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
5/11/2006  3:55 AM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by djsunyc:

Why are you guys still beating down Curry...The guy had a heart ailment that kept him from working out for 8 month...Do you have any idea what that means...have you ever played ball?....If you play consistantly and miss one week...You lose it...Your handle is not the same...Your ups is not the same...Youw shot is off...Your timing is gone...i cannot imagine what it means trying to get back to the professional level during a season like Curry has done...Fight off injuries because you body has to get used to the pounding again...Please, cut the guy some slack, we want him for the long haul not just the sprint...

It's his repetitive tendency to pick up two fouls in the first few minutes of games, a time when fatigue should be playing a less than zero role.

I'm not giving up on him, but he doesn't appear to be a quick learner, to say the least.

And um, yeah, I've played.
holfresh

5/11/2006  3:58 AM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by djsunyc:

Why are you guys still beating down Curry...The guy had a heart ailment that kept him from working out for 8 month...Do you have any idea what that means...have you ever played ball?....If you play consistantly and miss one week...You lose it...Your handle is not the same...Your ups is not the same...Youw shot is off...Your timing is gone...i cannot imagine what it means trying to get back to the professional level during a season like Curry has done...Fight off injuries because you body has to get used to the pounding again...Please, cut the guy some slack, we want him for the long haul not just the sprint...

It's his repetitive tendency to pick up two fouls in the first few minutes of games, a time when fatigue should be playing a less than zero role.

I'm not giving up on him, but he doesn't appear to be a quick learner, to say the least.

Well if you have played then you should know what it takes to be away from the game so long...

We are talking about being away close to a year from the game without the benefit of an offseason workout...They getting in shape during the season....

[Edited by - holfresh on 05-11-2006 04:00 AM]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/11/2006  10:01 AM
Larry brown didn't forget to coach he just didn't give these guys a chance in hell.

Frye was great in summer league and had a great pre-season....but the mofo was benched the first game! That was the first of a list of retarded coaching decisions that brown has made this year.

You guys keep saying track record and all that but what about this year. You are just stupid if you are gonna go by the past rather than what happened this year. No one ever questioned browns resume or mind. He is a genius. But he just did not give his players a chance in hell to sucseed this year.

You can't expect guys to play exactly the way you want. As a coach you have to get guys to play their games and try to find out how you wanna attack the other team on both ends of the floor.

That did not happen this year if you think that it did than you are stupid.

Sorry if you don't like it but that's the way it is. I don't usually insult but its getting annoying already.

[Edited by - enyspree on 05-11-2006 10:09 AM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/11/2006  10:16 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Larry brown didn't forget to coach he just didn't give these guys a chance in hell.

Frye was great in summer league and had a great pre-season....but the mofo was benched the first game! That was the first of a list of retarded coaching decisions that brown has made this year.

You guys keep saying track record and all that but what about this year. You are just stupid if you are gonna go by the past rather than what happened this year. No one ever questioned browns resume or mind. He is a genius. But he just did not give his players a chance in hell to sucseed this year.

You can't expect guys to play exactly the way you want. As a coach you have to get guys to play their games and try to find out how you wanna attack the other team on both ends of the floor.

Sorry if you don't like it but that's the way it is. I don't usually insult but its getting annoying already.

Larry sat Frye for 1 game and admitted it was a mistake.... don't you think that's a moot point?

Larry's first year teams MO is that they suck. The Knicks sucked much more than past 1st year Larry teams... whether from injury, boneheadedness or whatever.

So, what's your point?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/11/2006  10:20 AM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by djsunyc:

Well if you have played then you should know what it takes to be away from the game so long...

We are talking about being away close to a year from the game without the benefit of an offseason workout...They getting in shape during the season....

curry didn't play for 6 months. but 6 months AFTER that, he still brings the ball down and he still barrels his shoulder. they probably go over that with him every single day. we're not talking about conditioning. we're talking about not bringing the ball down to his knees. over the course of the season, that didn't change one bit. i don't know if you noticed this but when he starts getting flustered or tired, he just lowers his shoulder and barrels into the opponent. they work with him every day on that. from october through april. but we still saw it in april. that's why i'm a little leery on how much this guy can develop. it's the mental aspect. i understand the lack of conditioning THIS YEAR. but it was the same the 4 years before it also.

EnySpree

5/11/2006  11:15 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by EnySpree:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin:
Larry sat Frye for 1 game and admitted it was a mistake.... don't you think that's a moot point?

Larry's first year teams MO is that they suck. The Knicks sucked much more than past 1st year Larry teams... whether from injury, boneheadedness or whatever.

So, what's your point?

[Edited by - enyspree on 05-11-2006 11:15 AM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/11/2006  11:18 AM
^
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/11/2006  11:25 AM
LOL, that IS funny.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree

5/11/2006  11:38 AM
Posted by martin:

LOL, that IS funny.

I know....figured the thread needed some comedy relief.
Channing Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy