Channing Frye
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/10/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Envyspree, do you watch any of the Knicks games? Do I really have to go over all these flaws Channing has, for the 50 millionth time? Chris Paul was clearly the rookie of the year, and yes, Channing never had a shot to catch up to him. Why??? B/C CHRIS PAUL IS A BETTER PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!

Watch any games? Come on, you overuse that response. Maybe he would have been runner up ROY, but all other points enyspree made are dead on.
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/10/2006  2:02 PM
Posted by oohah:
Posted by NYKBocker:

I think he is Rasheed Lite in terms of skills but not attitude. Channing will never see his true potential till Statbury is gone. Statbury needs players like KVH and Nazr, players who are more spot up and catch and dunk players.

Isn't Frye a good spot up shooter? Isn't Curry a catch and dunk guy?

oohah

Frye - Yes, but he is much more which is why I think Boobbury will only hinder his growth as a player.

Curry - While he is a catch and dunk guy, he is lazy as heck. Nazr ia always trying to get position around the paint and is always waiting for pass.
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
5/10/2006  2:04 PM
no they weren't. Frye not getting any plays ran for him is the most rediculous.

If there was any rookie to complain about getting jerked its David Lee. He got yo-yoed and factually didn't get any plays ran for him.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/10/2006  2:06 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Envyspree, do you watch any of the Knicks games? Do I really have to go over all these flaws Channing has, for the 50 millionth time? Chris Paul was clearly the rookie of the year, and yes, Channing never had a shot to catch up to him. Why??? B/C CHRIS PAUL IS A BETTER PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!

There were a few weeks where you thought Frye had a chance...Paul kicked another gear and ran away with it...But Fyre was playing great for a stretch then got benched and ever other rook in the league started getting valuable mins that help them along...Like Charlie V,Felton and Granger..How is it that the rookie wall issue was only used for Frye and not other rookies this year...

buddapaw
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #1101

5/10/2006  2:08 PM
All I want for next year is a set rotation
a set rotation
a set rotation
All I want for next year is a set rotation

[Edited by - buddapaw on 05-10-2006 2:10 PM]
"Low Percentage Shots r US, these are our Knicks" "NY KNICKS the cure for basketball fanatic"
NYKBocker
USA
5/10/2006  2:09 PM
Posted by buddapaw:

[quote]I view Frye as more than just what KVH, Doleac or Nazr can give you. I see him being a focal point of the offense and not just a pass-at-last-resort type of player that Dinglebury needs.[/qoute]

KVH, Doleac or Nazr, PUHLEEZE, lost alot of credibility there my friend

Ummmm..why is that? You think those guys are better than Frye?
buddapaw

5/10/2006  2:10 PM
My error sir
"Low Percentage Shots r US, these are our Knicks" "NY KNICKS the cure for basketball fanatic"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/10/2006  2:16 PM
Frye got into foul trouble from time to time.

He will improve in all phases of his game and if he can stay on the floor he will produce more.

Brown did not impede his developement at all. He got the minutes he deserved and was all rookie 1st team. That was great!

Lee showed a lot of ability and I think can play both the 3 and the 4. I will be interesting to see how he is working on his game.
McK1
5/10/2006  2:16 PM
how do any of you LB is senile and out to ruin his career whackos know the order to play Taylor and James more down the stretch didn't come from Isiah as a means to try and up the value of those assets?

[Edited by - McK1 on 05-10-2006 2:17 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
NYKBocker
USA
5/10/2006  2:19 PM
Posted by McK1:

how do any of you LB is senile and out to ruin his career whackos know the order to play Taylor and James more down the stretch didn't come from Isiah as a means to try and up the value of those assets?

[Edited by - McK1 on 05-10-2006 2:17 PM]

que?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/10/2006  2:20 PM
Posted by McK1:

EGADS!!! how dare you present a viable reason!!!

same reason why sweetney was on IR. gm's spend money on their players and sometimes tell coaches who to play. if you don't think any of that was going on this year, you guys are nuts.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/10/2006  2:21 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by McK1:

same reason why sweetney was on IR. gm's spend money on their players and sometimes tell coaches who to play. if you don't think any of that was going on this year, you guys are nuts.
Except this time Larry was the one with all the power and the GM had none because Isiah could *never* fire Larry and Isiah would probably be fired instantly if Larry resigned. Larry had no need to listen to Isiah about playing time.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 05-10-2006 2:21 PM]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/10/2006  2:22 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Allanfan20:

Watch any games? Come on, you overuse that response. Maybe he would have been runner up ROY, but all other points enyspree made are dead on.

Actually, they are assinine and I probably shouldn't have even responded. Come on Bonn, you've read my posts and why Frye's playing time went down.

His defense is bad. He's too hesitant to take wiiide open shots. He gets too ansy. He can't box out. Maybe he's outplayed Mo T and Malik, but like I said, outplaying them is not the standard. The standard is outplaying the league and Frye hasn't done this.

Now go ahead and call me a hater (Even though I'm not) but I'm not the one who is narrow minded and can look deeper into things without taking things at face value.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
buddapaw

5/10/2006  2:26 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Allanfan20:

Actually, they are assinine and I probably shouldn't have even responded. Come on Bonn, you've read my posts and why Frye's playing time went down.

His defense is bad. He's too hesitant to take wiiide open shots. He gets too ansy. He can't box out. Maybe he's outplayed Mo T and Malik, but like I said, outplaying them is not the standard. The standard is outplaying the league and Frye hasn't done this.

Now go ahead and call me a hater (Even though I'm not) but I'm not the one who is narrow minded and can look deeper into things without taking things at face value.

NEWSFLASH!!!
We sucked anyway and were out of contention early so why not play the youngsters, not the retreads Mo The BLACK HOLE Taylor, Malik No. 1 Option Rose. Let them learn on the job. The same can be said for Curry why not play him more, leave him out there so he can learn how to play with fouls.
McK1
5/10/2006  2:27 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by McK1:

Except this time Larry was the one with all the power and the GM had none because Isiah could *never* fire Larry and Isiah would probably be fired instantly if Larry resigned. Larry had no need to listen to Isiah about playing time.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 05-10-2006 2:21 PM]

according to reports from the Memphis summit, Isiah is still Teflon. Larry's efforts were the one in question.

Dolan was quoted as saying its Larry's job to get Curry from quarter 1 through 4. He obviously feels, like Isiah, there is a star basketball player in there despite the clear reservations from Brown and another respected coach in Skiles
buddapaw

5/10/2006  2:27 PM
Oh I forgot he's a blockhead
buddapaw

5/10/2006  2:28 PM
Gotta get use to this board
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/10/2006  4:15 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Didn't say Channing deserved it. But he had a shot...if he got the opportunities that Paul did.....Antonio Davis, Rose, Taylor?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/10/2006  4:19 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by McK1:

So did Brown get his script of fire burning insults from Isiah too?

Both of you guys are retarded.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/10/2006  4:36 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by McK1:

So did Brown get his script of fire burning insults from Isiah too?

Both of you guys are retarded.

what does one have to do with the other? we're talking about why some players got pt over others...and sometimes, it comes from higher up. i'm not saying all the time but i'm sure isiah "suggested" some guys get in the game. it's a common practice throughout sports. exhibit A - jvg, grunfeld, and camby.
Channing Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy