Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/9/2006  8:23 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Nalod:

Lee was 6-4 coming out of high school and projected as a guard.

Eventually played center at florida.

There is a SF in that body. Its tough enough to gain confidence as an NBA player yet play a new position at this level. The kid gets an A considering this.

Frye can shoot, and he learned to face the basket and drive to the basket. We saw huge progress this year in many of his moves.

Both of them need to bulk up for the long season. THey had great rookie seasons!

If we can get a consistant effort from Eddy we migh have somthing here. When Starbury was peaking in January he fed Eddy in the lane and he was unstoppable. Might Eddy benefit from a set line up? One without a volitile point diva? Players that know the role?

Be nice to find out.

Lee can't play the 3 in this league...He just isn't fast enough to keep up with other 3's..that is if you care about defense...right now he is a tweener but needs to grow into a 4...U can't teach speed...

Lee has quickness, he just doesn't have the experience to know how to use it properly.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
5/9/2006  8:25 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Nalod:

Lee was 6-4 coming out of high school and projected as a guard.

Eventually played center at florida.

There is a SF in that body. Its tough enough to gain confidence as an NBA player yet play a new position at this level. The kid gets an A considering this.

Frye can shoot, and he learned to face the basket and drive to the basket. We saw huge progress this year in many of his moves.

Both of them need to bulk up for the long season. THey had great rookie seasons!

If we can get a consistant effort from Eddy we migh have somthing here. When Starbury was peaking in January he fed Eddy in the lane and he was unstoppable. Might Eddy benefit from a set line up? One without a volitile point diva? Players that know the role?

Be nice to find out.

Lee can't play the 3 in this league...He just isn't fast enough to keep up with other 3's..that is if you care about defense...right now he is a tweener but needs to grow into a 4...U can't teach speed...

Teach speed, no....develop speed, yes.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/9/2006  9:07 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

Frye reminds me of a taller Shareef Abdur Rahim. Soft but talented offensively.
A 6'11" Shareef with a better jump shot. There's much more potential with Frye if he can learn to use his height and length.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 05-09-2006 9:07 PM]
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

5/9/2006  9:13 PM

For the first time in a very long time, the Knicks have a draft choice that can become a player...Frye is a guy, who I my estimation can give you 20 and 8next season...I think it's very important when an
organizations can develop their draft picks and turn them important pieces for a team ...If only helps their fan base...I see Frye in so many trade proposals on this board, and I think it's ridiculous...We have no idea what this guy could turn into and we don't want to see?..Frye and Curry are the two most important pieces the Knicks have right now....These two guys need to learn to play together...Frye is definately a keeper..I just hope Larry don't find a way to mess with this kid....
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
5/9/2006  9:59 PM
Posted by holfresh:

...Frye is a guy, who I my estimation can give you 20 and 8next season...

20&8? Channing Frybury? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

https:// It's not so hard.
holfresh

5/9/2006  10:03 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:
Posted by holfresh:

...Frye is a guy, who I my estimation can give you 20 and 8next season...

20&8? Channing Frybury? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The guy is 12 and 6 now in 24 mins of play...

McK1
Member: #964
5/9/2006  10:34 PM
12 & 5 vs 2nd teamers. doesn't mean he will nearly double his scoring and rebounding just because he gets more minutes.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh

5/9/2006  10:43 PM
Posted by McK1:

12 & 5 vs 2nd teamers. doesn't mean he will nearly double his scoring and rebounding just because he gets more minutes.

Well doing the math that will be 8 pts and 2 reb more....If Larry can give this guy 35-38 mins a game and run 4 to 5 pick and rolls for him per game..no doubt in my mind he can achieve those numbers...But we are talking about Larry here...

[Edited by - holfresh on 05-09-2006 10:44 PM]
McK1
5/9/2006  10:46 PM
thats apporoximately how more minutes over an 82 season

and if you play him 35 minutes he is now matched up moreso with say Jermaine O' Neal instead of Jeff Foster.

big difference in energy spent. he hit the wall hard in January just playing 26 minutes a night of the bench.

20ppg would be a pleasant suprise 14-15 ppg and 7 boards is within reason.

[Edited by - McK1 on 05-09-2006 10:48 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh

5/9/2006  10:57 PM
Posted by McK1:

thats apporoximately how more minutes over an 82 season

and if you play him 35 minutes he is now matched up moreso with say Jermaine O' Neal instead of Jeff Foster.

big difference in energy spent. he hit the wall hard in January just playing 26 minutes a night of the bench.

20ppg would be a pleasant suprise 14-15 ppg and 7 boards is within reason.

[Edited by - McK1 on 05-09-2006 10:48 PM]

He doesn't always play against 2nd teamers...you're hyping that just a bit...He also had better numbers before Larry benched him...I really don't think I'll be surprised to see those numbers..By they way Jeff Foster is a good rebounder and rugged defender...

[Edited by - holfresh on 05-09-2006 10:58 PM]
McK1
5/9/2006  11:05 PM
yeah but he is not a threat to score.

and don't be suprised if you DON'T see those numbers. even if he starts out hot, maintaining a 20 ppg pace will be hard

[Edited by - McK1 on 05-09-2006 11:06 PM]
holfresh

5/9/2006  11:24 PM
Posted by McK1:

yeah but he is not a threat to score.

and don't be suprised if you DON'T see those numbers. even if he starts out hot, maintaining a 20 ppg pace will be hard

[Edited by - McK1 on 05-09-2006 11:06 PM]

As long as the kid is used the right way he will be fine...Last year no plays were ran for him...Those numbers were spectacular when you take that into consideration...I think this offseason conditioning for him is key...I have alot of confidence in this guy as you can tell..I think he will anchor this franchise the next 10 years...Well at least I'm hoping....

McK1
5/10/2006  6:58 AM
Posted by holfresh:

As long as the kid is used the right way he will be fine...Last year no plays were ran for him...Those numbers were spectacular when you take that into consideration...I think this offseason conditioning for him is key...I have alot of confidence in this guy as you can tell..I think he will anchor this franchise the next 10 years...Well at least I'm hoping....

he was the pop guy on the pick and pop play with regularity. thats plays being ran for him. people say this as if he was Jerome Williams out there getting points from his scrappy play and hustle. Off the pick and pop he is option 1 for steph.

and when he did get the ball in the post early on, we found out in Phx he has a lot of work to do on his back to the basket game. Therefore it was back to what he was good at and gradually work in other stuff. Once teams started taking what he was good at away, he lost his way for awhile.

Doesn't mean he is a bad player or he'll be down forever. Just means IMO that expectations should be tapered.
holfresh

5/10/2006  12:38 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by holfresh:

he was the pop guy on the pick and pop play with regularity. thats plays being ran for him. people say this as if he was Jerome Williams out there getting points from his scrappy play and hustle. Off the pick and pop he is option 1 for steph.

and when he did get the ball in the post early on, we found out in Phx he has a lot of work to do on his back to the basket game. Therefore it was back to what he was good at and gradually work in other stuff. Once teams started taking what he was good at away, he lost his way for awhile.

Doesn't mean he is a bad player or he'll be down forever. Just means IMO that expectations should be tapered.

What are you talking about..They were not running any pick and pop plays for him...He was Steph's number 1 option, huh?...The guy is playing half the game minutes wise and he's the number one option....Curry was the number 1 option then Steph...Most of the time he took shots he was almost always wide open...He got the ball because he was open not running plays for him...The guy was in the running for rookie of the year before Larry benched him...He was and has always been a better option than Malik Rose...He is our best power forward right now....Next season this guy better start and get huge minutes...

McK1
5/10/2006  1:03 PM
a) i never called him the no. 1 option on offense, I called him the no. 1 option on a certain play

b) speaking of said play, when he sets a screen for Steph and then fades and Steph kicks it out to him, what play do you refer to that as? and once you get the name of the play right, who is the no. 1 option the screen guy who the play is designed to get open or Q in the corner not even apart of the play?

c) he was never in the running for rookie of the year. Overall Chris Paul had that thing wrapped up from game 2 of the season. In the East Andrew Bogut flew out the gate putting up not only points but rebounds and assists as well.

[Edited by - McK1 on 05-10-2006 1:03 PM]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/10/2006  1:18 PM
Posted by McK1:

a) i never called him the no. 1 option on offense, I called him the no. 1 option on a certain play

b) speaking of said play, when he sets a screen for Steph and then fades and Steph kicks it out to him, what play do you refer to that as? and once you get the name of the play right, who is the no. 1 option the screen guy who the play is designed to get open or Q in the corner not even apart of the play?

c) he was never in the running for rookie of the year. Overall Chris Paul had that thing wrapped up from game 2 of the season. In the East Andrew Bogut flew out the gate putting up not only points but rebounds and assists as well.

[Edited by - McK1 on 05-10-2006 1:03 PM]

I'm convinced you are a maniac. You are too particular and you say stuff that make no sense but then try to make sense out of it with more non-sense....like you know it all. It sounds like you don't own a TV let alone a cable subscription.

20 and 8 is realistic if the Knicks run plays for him. The Knicks did not run plays for Frye. Alot of his points were just ball movement and him being open. They did run pick and roll plays for him but you can count the amout of times they did it on 2 hands for the entire season....

As far as rookie of the year......Brown had him in a suit in the first game. Frye never had a chance to win that award. And Frye did not hit the wall. Brown just benched him and stopped playing him. Frye never seemed like he was out of it (shape)at any point of the year.

[Edited by - enyspree on 05-10-2006 1:22 PM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
McK1
5/10/2006  1:46 PM
OK you and hol convinced me. LB used Frye on offense like he was Jerome Williams all year then discarded him.

could've swore the guy out there getting shots as a result of teams leaving him open was Malik Rose but my satellite prescription just distorts everthing. I have to watch games in vertigo.
[Edited by - McK1 on 05-10-2006 1:47 PM]

[Edited by - McK1 on 05-10-2006 1:52 PM]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/10/2006  1:52 PM
Envyspree, do you watch any of the Knicks games? Do I really have to go over all these flaws Channing has, for the 50 millionth time? Chris Paul was clearly the rookie of the year, and yes, Channing never had a shot to catch up to him. Why??? B/C CHRIS PAUL IS A BETTER PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
buddapaw
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #1101

5/10/2006  1:52 PM
^^^
EnySpree well said. What rookie wall? For some reason he minutes got wishy washy by (filler) Brown, then he lost is confidence and his shot. If he was getting consistent minutes he would have been very productive and progressed even more. For the life of me why did Brown never let him play the second quarter even when he had a great first quarter?

[Edited by - buddapaw on 05-10-2006 1:54 PM]
"Low Percentage Shots r US, these are our Knicks" "NY KNICKS the cure for basketball fanatic"
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/10/2006  1:55 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by NYKBocker:

I think he is Rasheed Lite in terms of skills but not attitude. Channing will never see his true potential till Statbury is gone. Statbury needs players like KVH and Nazr, players who are more spot up and catch and dunk players.

What is Frye may I ask?

I view Frye as more than just what KVH, Doleac or Nazr can give you. I see him being a focal point of the offense and not just a pass-at-last-resort type of player that Dinglebury needs.
Channing Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy