[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

thomas gets his night in the sun (article)
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/7/2006  1:10 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by McK1:

and getting Jalen Rose and Stevie Francis was FUBAR retooling.

I like both players but the FIT was all wrong.

Isiah's "its so crazy it just might work" comment regarding the Steph-Steve backcourt showed a total lack of any real gameplan or vision.

that was larry's comment.

"It's one of those crazy kind of things that you look at at first blush and say, 'I don't think this will work,' " Thomas said. "But the more you analyze their games, you start thinking, 'Hey, this might work.' "

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2006-02-22-magic-knicks-trade_x.htm

Wow, you are totally right - my bad. I really had remembered this incorrectly, I thought Larry had said that. Here's another quote from Isiah in that article:

"Coach (Larry Brown) wanted to try to make sure we did something to help our present situation without compromising our future," Knicks President Isiah Thomas said. "We were able to solidify our backcourt and help our present. Maybe win a couple more games. He's a player you can carry into your future."
AUTOADVERT
Marv
5/7/2006  1:18 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Marv:

TT was a total - and i mean total - waste of space last year.
Come on Marv, we have Jerome James! Jerome James is a total waste.

Silver, I have a dream in life. It may seem misguided, it may seem a bt limited in scope. So be it. My dream is for me, Martin and dj to go out drinking with the Big Game. I think we could do it. dj says his juice card at the Garden isn't strong enough to pull it off but I'm banking on him and Martin to make this work.

wait, I thought that we agreed it wouldn't be drinking but rather Burger munching with lots of digital snapshots.

I forgot any night drinking with the Game starts with burger munching. Shouldn't take him more than 15 minutes to move on to the double stolys though!
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
5/7/2006  2:46 PM
Posted by McK1:

"It's one of those crazy kind of things that you look at at first blush and say, 'I don't think this will work,' " Thomas said. "But the more you analyze their games, you start thinking, 'Hey, this might work.' "

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2006-02-22-magic-knicks-trade_x.htm

I just lost all respect I had left for Isiah.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/7/2006  9:01 PM
Posted by Marv:

You know Timmy's gonna get his doiugh.

What a fugzy - "this was great, got to spend all the hiolidays at home", etc.

Even though he's partially right about Steph, TT was a total - and i mean total - waste of space last year.

This is a total contradiction, and he is toally right about playing with a guy like steph, who couldn't even make a talant like KG better, or his game easier.

ES
Marv
5/7/2006  9:07 PM
Posted by knicks1248:
Posted by Marv:

You know Timmy's gonna get his doiugh.

What a fugzy - "this was great, got to spend all the hiolidays at home", etc.

Even though he's partially right about Steph, TT was a total - and i mean total - waste of space last year.

This is a total contradiction, and he is toally right about playing with a guy like steph, who couldn't even make a talant like KG better, or his game easier.

You think Steph didn't make KG better??? Or his game easier??? Those gus were GREAT together. I'd love to hear more of your thinking on that one.

And as far as TT goes, he played pretty well with Steph in '03-'04 when he was traded here. TT then played like total crap in '04-'05. Exact same Marbury he was playing with. Difference was that TT played like crap. Where's the contradiction?
thomas gets his night in the sun (article)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy