[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

i think bynum is going to be available...
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/9/2006  2:30 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by fishmike:

and when Kwame was Bynum's age he didnt know how to do laundry, how to get money out of an ATM, how to take a suit to the cleaners, how to shop for groceries. Yes, thats right.. he ate left over popeyes chicken for breakfast because he didnt know how to buy groceries.

Bynum is a good project and the prophet Isiah supposedly tried to trade up and get him

When you average 1.7 pts at any time in your career in the NBA...Good Project should never be attached to your name....This guy at best will be a backup in this league..He isn't worth the time we are spending on him....

go look at Jermain Oneils first 4 yearsin the league and get back to me

Jermaine O'Neal was playing behind one of the best, young PF's in the game at the time.
Bynum was playing behind Chris Mihm, and Kwame Brown.
Plus, the reports were that JO was busting everyones ass in practice all the time.
There are no such reports about Bynum, or 1) he'd be playing ahead of NBA scrubs,Mihm and Brown 2) BRIGGS would have started a thread about it.

I already mentioned this, they refuse to accept it. Wallace and Sabonis constantly praised O'Neal's development right off the back. O'Neal was frustrated. That's why the O'Neal example is one of the worst ones you can use because those were control stats while Bynum flat out earned his 1.6 ppg. NOt only that, O'Neal moved ahead of Cliff Robinson on the Blazers depth chart per his play while Bynum moved back behind Turiaf. The challenge is to get in front of Kwame Brown, as I stated for the heir apparent that shouldn't even be an issue.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

5/9/2006  5:13 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by TMS:

Dude, don't assume i'm proclaiming this kid to be the next Shaq... i'm just saying only a moron will make an assumption that this kid will be nothing more than a role player based on stats he put up as an 18 yo NBA rookie on a team coached by someone not exactly known to develop young talent... don't even try & pretend that you know what the ceiling is for this kid... i don't know either, but i'm not the idiot saying this kid is nothing special... he could be a bust, or he could be something great... i've said he was a big question mark, & that works both ways.

Dude, I in no way claim to be a sooth sayer or have a crystal ball of any kind....Of course I can't tell whether Bynum will be a stud or a bust..Any 7 footer can be a major force and fulfill their dreams in the NBA...Anyone can do most anything if they put their minds to it...

a minute ago you were saying the guy would be a role player at best... so which is it?

I still think he will be just a role player at best...What in that paragraph made you think I changed my mind....Anyone can do anything doesn't make Bynum a stud...He will be a 15 min guy off the bench at best...

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/10/2006  11:53 AM
Dude, I in no way claim to be a sooth sayer or have a crystal ball of any kind... Of course I can't tell whether Bynum will be a stud or a bust..

oh, i dunno... i guess it was just my imagination but it sounded like you were saying you weren't trying to say you could predict this kid's future, & yet that's exactly what you're doing by saying he'll be a role player at best.

contradictions, wouldn't you say?

[Edited by - TMS on 05-10-2006 11:55 AM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/10/2006  12:47 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

I already mentioned this, they refuse to accept it. Wallace and Sabonis constantly praised O'Neal's development right off the back. O'Neal was frustrated. That's why the O'Neal example is one of the worst ones you can use because those were control stats while Bynum flat out earned his 1.6 ppg. NOt only that, O'Neal moved ahead of Cliff Robinson on the Blazers depth chart per his play while Bynum moved back behind Turiaf. The challenge is to get in front of Kwame Brown, as I stated for the heir apparent that shouldn't even be an issue.
One year I could accept this.. maybe even 2 years, but for 4 years? 4 freakin years you ride pine. Zach Randolph was good enough in practice to get Sheed pushed into playing SF, and that was after 2 years. I'm sorry, but if Jermain Oneil was the great player you guys make him out to be he's in the rotation before 4 years.

Bynum is a freak physically and hasnt even stopped growing. He was recruited by perhaps the best talent evaluator in college basketball.

Slating him at a role player at 18 years old after one season is about as bad as it gets around here. I'm not saying he's the next Shaq, but writing him off at this point is utterly assanine.

[Edited by - fishmike on 05-10-2006 12:48 PM]
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/10/2006  12:51 PM
i wonder if eddy will ever get in that kind of shape?
McK1
Member: #964
5/10/2006  12:55 PM
round is a shape
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh

5/10/2006  12:56 PM

Bynum is what is he is, a project at best...The Knicks after their stellar season of 23 wins don't have the luxury to get a guy like this on their roster who might show up four years down the road...The Knicks has major issues and one of them isn't talent...The Knicks has 2 bigs who young and are much further along in their development than Byrum is...So the idea that we should go after this guy who is not a lock to be a good player in this league doesn't make any sense whatsoever...
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/10/2006  1:00 PM
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
USA
5/10/2006  1:00 PM
sure it does.. I say we are devoid of good chemistry players, and have a waiting period of at least 2-3 years for Isiah's mistakes to start coming off the roster. I say we build towards the goal of stockpiling talent, changing the culture here, and building a team. To me Bynum is a good part of that. Go get him, draft a couple more good young players and in 3 years Frye, Lee, Nate, Bynum and co could be a great young core, rather than trade pieces as we cant afford to luxury to let all this "talent" go to waste.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/10/2006  1:12 PM
Bynum is going to be a really good player in this league--right now he is a boy--but he showed nice signs of things he will be able to do as his body and experience mature in the next few years. How many 18 year olds in this world can put up 16 points in a Q in the NBA? How many can block 4 shots in 8 minutes? When this kid gets MAN strength and finishes growing out--hes going to be a LOAD and a half to deal with in the low post. To be judge and jury on him at 18 is inane.
RIP Crushalot😞
McK1
5/10/2006  1:18 PM
hol once said guys who played in the 60's and 70's didn't have it as hard as Steph because they never had to guard Grant Hill for a few quarters. And not the Hill who was once an all-star and MVP candidate, the one 30 something years old fresh off about a month missing action because of a leg injury.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
fishmike
USA
5/10/2006  1:18 PM
but Briggs... he's stuck behind Kwame Brown
Pharzeone
5/10/2006  1:29 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Bynum is going to be a really good player in this league--right now he is a boy--but he showed nice signs of things he will be able to do as his body and experience mature in the next few years. How many 18 year olds in this world can put up 16 points in a Q in the NBA? How many can block 4 shots in 8 minutes? When this kid gets MAN strength and finishes growing out--hes going to be a LOAD and a half to deal with in the low post. To be judge and jury on him at 18 is inane.

Gets man strength? Do you mean get stronger? And what? Will he be able to score more than 1.6 a game and grab 1.7 rebounds per game. Will he be able to produce 16 points in not just one quarter but over games. BTW, Johan Petro with alot less hype than you guys have graced on Bynum passed him in nearly every category. Has more atlethic ability and knock down a jumper about 12 feet out. Oh and he is only a year and half older than Bynum. Would it be fair to say that this guy will a force at the PF/C spot, too and a better prospect than Bynum?
Pharzeone
5/10/2006  1:36 PM
Posted by McK1:

hol once said guys who played in the 60's and 70's didn't have it as hard as Steph because they never had to guard Grant Hill for a few quarters. And not the Hill who was once an all-star and MVP candidate, the one 30 something years old fresh off about a month missing action because of a leg injury.

Hol is not the only one to make statements like this, I heard sport reporters make similar comments referring to the "glory" days vs. today players. I heard Willis Reed say that he don't know how long he would last having to play guys like Shaq and Ewing 8 times a year, and then worry about going west to play the likes of Robinson. I heard other older players make same type of comments. I know Clyde said the same thing about the swift guards, especially Iverson.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/10/2006  1:38 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Gets man strength? Do you mean get stronger? And what? Will he be able to score more than 1.6 a game and grab 1.7 rebounds per game. Will he be able to produce 16 points in not just one quarter but over games. BTW, Johan Petro with alot less hype than you guys have graced on Bynum passed him in nearly every category. Has more atlethic ability and knock down a jumper about 12 feet out. Oh and he is only a year and half older than Bynum. Would it be fair to say that this guy will a force at the PF/C spot, too and a better prospect than Bynum?

i like petro...but he is nowhere close to being a physical presence like bynum or curry.
McK1
5/10/2006  1:44 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by McK1:

Hol is not the only one to make statements like this, I heard sport reporters make similar comments referring to the "glory" days vs. today players. I heard Willis Reed say that he don't know how long he would last having to play guys like Shaq and Ewing 8 times a year, and then worry about going west to play the likes of Robinson. I heard other older players make same type of comments. I know Clyde said the same thing about the swift guards, especially Iverson.

OK is this the equivalent of being matched up for a few quarters with a cripple, up there in age Grant Hill.

and I've also heard Clyde talk about how unsmart these guys were and what he'd do to counter the athleticism.

Reed would've held his own.
Pharzeone
5/10/2006  1:50 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:

i like petro...but he is nowhere close to being a physical presence like bynum or curry.

Who cares about physical presence?? I just want a player who can play and cause his opponent significant trouble. Hell Kandi man is tall, muscular man. What the hell does that mean. That he looks frightening? You line up Curry, Bynum, Kwame and KG. KG may be the skinnest out of all of them but who do you want on your team. Who do you think will grab more rebounds? Give me substance over presence.
Hell if you guys are talking about who looks more intimidating then by all means take Bynum, he looks nice in his Laker uniform.
Pharzeone
5/10/2006  1:53 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by McK1:

OK is this the equivalent of being matched up for a few quarters with a cripple, up there in age Grant Hill.

and I've also heard Clyde talk about how unsmart these guys were and what he'd do to counter the athleticism.

All I am saying is that they made comments to similar to what you stated Hol said. Reed goes out of his way to say that today's player is more condition, built and skilled wise. I don't necessary agree with it I just saying it is not an uncommon theme. I didn't agree with all the points from this piece when it first came out.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/neel/030213.html
holfresh

5/10/2006  1:54 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by McK1:

The era has change...Today's game is above the rim...I was listening to an interesting interview on Mike and the Mad Dog show...They had Steve Kerr...Dog ask Kerr what is the difference between today's player and yesterday's players when he played...Kerr played with Jordan...He said the diffence is recovery...He said teams are looking for athlete's who can recover after being beat off the dribble...He say the players of today are so quick that they will beat you off the dribble most of the time...It's how you recover to play defense is what's important...That first step determines whether or not you are in the game...My agruement was that yesterday's players could not physically do the things that today's player can do...That difference means everything on game day...

[Edited by - holfresh on 05-10-2006 1:55 PM]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/10/2006  2:15 PM
How many points per game did Darko get in Detroit?? Please don't give me the Wallace and McDyess thing. He wasn't ready in Detroit. And look at him now. He's about to become a shotblocking monster in Orlando and they are going to become a dynamic backcourt. Bynum is a greater physical specimen and has showed some real good signs in limited time. For those who say he's nothing b/c of his 1.7 ppg are extremely narrow minded, the way I see it.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
i think bynum is going to be available...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy