[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

i think bynum is going to be available...
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/7/2006  5:59 PM
just kidding you dj.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/7/2006  6:32 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

just kidding you dj.

i'm still better than isiah.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/7/2006  11:27 PM
And how many tiems do I have tyo tell you gus, Lenny "resigned" he was not fired.
OAK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #957
Japan
5/8/2006  1:39 AM
I'd give Curry another season. It is true that he came into the season with minimal preparation due to his heart condition. I'm not defending his poor performance though. I'd just like him to get in shape so that we can see his real worth. At the same time, I like Bynum. Who knows, but I think he's going to be better than Curry. He's way quicker with some good moves, and he's only 17.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/8/2006  10:29 AM
Posted by Solace:

Tough call. I like Bynum, but giving up Curry is a high price. If Bynum doesn't develop, this is the dud deal of the century. I don't think I could justify giving up Curry in that deal, because the risk to reward ratio just isn't high enough.

That being said, if the Lakers are looking to trade Bynum, then in my mind, his trade value has decreased. I'd be willing to do something like Nate + Denver's pick for Bynum.

Bynum would be nice here, but I would want to add him to suppliment our existing frontcourt of Curry and Frye, not replace.

exactly, you don't give up Curry who u already gave up so much to get for another project player in Bynum... but a role player like Butler & 2 late 1st rounders isn't a high price to pay for a former lottery pick who's 19 years old & has good upside.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
5/8/2006  10:34 AM
the ONLY reason curry won't be traded is b/c of what we paid for him. otherwise, he would've been dumped already.

it's tough to recoup what looks to be a #2 draft pick...and another swap the following season. as long as isiah is here, curry won't be moved.

but again, curry was not part of the plans. isiah was trying to get bynum in the draft also. so i don't think it changes much bball wise. it's the two #1's that will prevent a deal like this from happening.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/8/2006  10:35 AM
A trade I am looking for to happen with LA Lakers is the one where we send Franchise and Curry to LA for Odom, Mihm, Bynum and their 1st RD pick this year(26th originally Miami).

Pharzeone
5/8/2006  10:52 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

A trade I am looking for to happen with LA Lakers is the one where we send Franchise and Curry to LA for Odom, Mihm, Bynum and their 1st RD pick this year(26th originally Miami).

That was the rumor trade about 2 months ago but Odom maybe untouchable now. I know the Magic weren't interested in Bynum. The Lakers wanted to swap Bynum for Frye in December and Isiah turned them down.
Killa4luv
USA
5/8/2006  11:34 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

curry's a soft pansy. he's gonna cause nothing but heartache and disappointment for us for a long long time.

you all know it but are just currently in denial.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-07-2006 11:35 AM]

Even if thats true, it doesn't make Bynum the answer. If Phil isn't high on him, I trust that that means something. Phil can work with just about anyone.
djsunyc
5/8/2006  11:43 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

curry's a soft pansy. he's gonna cause nothing but heartache and disappointment for us for a long long time.

Even if thats true, it doesn't make Bynum the answer. If Phil isn't high on him, I trust that that means something. Phil can work with just about anyone.

phil is not known as a talent developer. devean george is the same player he was 5 years ago. bj armstrong, stacy king, none of them got better. phil can take two superstars and get them mentally ready to get over the hump and a bunch of scrubs to believe.

but in terms of cultivating players and developing rooks? nah, that's not his M.O.

we don't have a bonafide long term answer at any position.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-08-2006 11:46 AM]
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/8/2006  11:49 AM
^ Stacey King? Stacey King??

dj wins this week's award for bringing up obscure names in basketball history.

next week we're discussing Luke Witte.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/8/2006  12:08 PM
Posted by Marv:

^ Stacey King? Stacey King??

dj wins this week's award for bringing up obscure names in basketball history.

next week we're discussing Luke Witte.

How about Brian Quinnett?
Killa4luv
USA
5/8/2006  12:24 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

phil is not known as a talent developer. devean george is the same player he was 5 years ago. bj armstrong, stacy king, none of them got better. phil can take two superstars and get them mentally ready to get over the hump and a bunch of scrubs to believe.

but in terms of cultivating players and developing rooks? nah, that's not his M.O.

I honestly feel that young players development had more to do with Chicago's consistantly late picks and poor drafting. They had a bunch of bad youngsters when Phil was there. Luke Walton has developed nicely under his tutelage and is starting. I don't think you can blame players' development on Phil, those guys were mostly just not very good players.
Pharzeone
5/8/2006  12:32 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

While that maybe true in some respect. Are you now going to tell me that Larry Brown cultivates youth more than Phil Jackson? Bynum is a project at best. As I previously mentioned he has started off pretty bad in a situation where a team was hungry for big men. Also, keep in mind the expected rule changes concerning the low post and what will be considered offensive fouls or blocking fouls. In the games that I watched this year, one thing that Bynum has in common with both Shaq and Curry and to extent Dampier is that classic big man syndrome where you believe you have the right shove and bang everyone out of the way to position yourself. At this point do you really need a less athlethic version of Eddy Curry on offense. If you are telling me well, he can play defense then all you are describing is a Haywood, Spencer and dare I say it Jerome James (early career with Sonics).
djsunyc
5/8/2006  12:44 PM
all i'm saying is that this isn't a huge a downgrade as all of you are making it out to be. that's all.

i'm not a fan of eddy curry. what more can i say? i'm willing to take a chance on bynum instead of curry. why? b/c of curry's total lack of killer instinct or aggressive personality. he will disappear in big moments and will more likely than not, cause us all frustration. and i think bynum has a better physical framework to build with in terms of rebounding and defense.
Killa4luv
USA
5/8/2006  3:08 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

all i'm saying is that this isn't a huge a downgrade as all of you are making it out to be. that's all.
This is as far from the truth as you could possibly be. A 23 guy who is the 2nd most physically imposing big man in the game, Demands a double team almost always, And has shown the ability dominate, is not that big of a downgrade to a guy who couldn't beat out chris Mihm and Kwame Brown for a starting spot? Who averages 1 and 1? The downgrade could scarcely be any larger.
i'm not a fan of eddy curry. what more can i say? i'm willing to take a chance on bynum instead of curry. why? b/c of curry's total lack of killer instinct or aggressive personality. he will disappear in big moments and will more likely than not, cause us all frustration. and i think bynum has a better physical framework to build with in terms of rebounding and defense.
I respect most of these arguments,and understand the reasoning here. I'd just like to establish that none of that means that trading him for Curry isn't a HUGE downgrade.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 05-08-2006 3:08 PM]
djsunyc
5/8/2006  3:11 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

This is as far from the truth as you could possibly be. A 23 guy who is the 2nd most physically imposing big man in the game, Demands a double team almost always, And has shown the ability dominate, is not that big of a downgrade to a guy who couldn't beat out chris Mihm and Kwame Brown for a starting spot? Who averages 1 and 1? The downgrade could scarcely be any larger.
I respect most of these arguments,and understand the reasoning here. I'd just like to establish that none of that means that trading him for Curry isn't a HUGE downgrade.

we won 23 games with curry as our starting center. there's no huge downgrade. curry barely breaks 25 mins in his entire career. and i'm talking long term, not immediately.
Killa4luv
USA
5/8/2006  3:24 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

we won 23 games with curry as our starting center. there's no huge downgrade. curry barely breaks 25 mins in his entire career. and i'm talking long term, not immediately.
We won 23 games with LB as our coach. If I'm the coach theres no huge downgrade. LB can't even figure out a starting lineup and set rotation.

Do you see how flawed that logic is?
djsunyc
5/8/2006  3:45 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:

We won 23 games with LB as our coach. If I'm the coach theres no huge downgrade. LB can't even figure out a starting lineup and set rotation.

Do you see how flawed that logic is?

it's flawed if you think lb is part of the problem...which i don't.
djsunyc
5/8/2006  4:23 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

bottom line, Bynum is a five year project. he's a luxury you can afford on a winning team, but for a rebuilding team to trade their starting center for him (a center which they gave up possibly two lotto picks to acquire) - that's worse than idiotic.

you want to insure the Bulls get Oden? trade for Bynum.

i agree. we won't trade curry b/c of those two #1's. i know that. but how can we base future moves on past ones just b/c we scared what the pick might turn into. again, isiah's brilliance rearing it's ugly head.
i think bynum is going to be available...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy