[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

i think bynum is going to be available...
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/7/2006  11:22 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Why is Curry so good that we can't trade him for Bynum, who has a real nice upside? I mean, sure, give him training camp and if he's out of shape and it's more of the same, forget it, trade him. But Bynum seems to be a work horse, if anything, and Curry isn't, and that alone proves a lot.

Curry: Doesn't block shots, rebound that well, pass, pass out of doubles, score consistently and go up strong, use his natural agility more than 40% of the time. For the moment, Curry sucks.

Why do you believe that Bynum has a real nice upside. He hasn't demonstrated it. My biggest problem with Bynum is the overestimation of potential. He is a big guy with average speed and above average athlethic ability. The best thing about Bynum in HS was that he was so much bigger than his peers and he moved well for a overweight big man. Everyone out in LA thinks he can be a Shaq but I don't see it, he lacks Shaq's athlethism which made Shaq unique when he came into the league there have been big players but none with his type of athlethism. Bynum does hustle to try and defend but picks up a ridculous about of fouls trying to defend quicker post players.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/7/2006  11:24 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Allanfan20:

Why is Curry so good that we can't trade him for Bynum, who has a real nice upside? I mean, sure, give him training camp and if he's out of shape and it's more of the same, forget it, trade him. But Bynum seems to be a work horse, if anything, and Curry isn't, and that alone proves a lot.

Curry: Doesn't block shots, rebound that well, pass, pass out of doubles, score consistently and go up strong, use his natural agility more than 40% of the time. For the moment, Curry sucks.

Why do you believe that Bynum has a real nice upside. He hasn't demonstrated it. My biggest problem with Bynum is the overestimation of potential. He is a big guy with average speed and above average athlethic ability. The best thing about Bynum in HS was that he was so much bigger than his peers and he moved well for a overweight big man. Everyone out in LA thinks he can be a Shaq but I don't see it, he lacks Shaq's athlethism which made Shaq unique when he came into the league there have been big players but none with his type of athlethism. Bynum does hustle to try and defend but picks up a ridculous about of fouls trying to defend quicker post players.

dude, he was 17!!!!
eymyel827
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #694
USA
5/7/2006  11:27 AM
are we here to help the lakers win another championship???
Pharzeone
5/7/2006  11:29 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Pharzeone:

1) This is almost worst than Isiah and Billy Knight screaming that this player or that player is young and athlethic. DJ you may not get paid like Isiah but you sure sound like him. Bynum has warranted nothing to give up more than a late first round pick for him. His coach doesn't want him on the team (how useful could he be when Jackson was content to bring in Turiaf for an ineffective K. Brown, the Lakers second round pick, a guy coming off open heart surgery). Also where is this guy rated on the potential skill higher than Curry.
2) I thought Isiah was inept, so why would you mention that Isiah tried to acquire him on draft nite. Doesn't that mean he is a guy that should be avoided?

i think everybody here can agree that if there's one thing isiah knows is how to draft. i trust him 100% when it comes to drafting.

how useful was jermaine o'neal at age 17 when he didn't get one single minute? the kid is 18 now. he's already a physical specimen. he will be a better rebounder and defender than curry. dude went AT shaq. do you remember that? he ran down the court and shoved him AFTER he dunked on him.

curry is ahead of bynum on the learning curve...but he's also been in the league for 5 years. and the same doubts still cloud him.

DJ, Curry takes it to Shaq (which is why Shaq calls him the next big man) doesn't hold that much weight anymore, geez Sweetney takes to Shaq. Shaq ain't Shaq no more. I expect that Kristic will take it to Shaq in the next series. Shaq is a 34 yr old post player who has been in the league for 13 years and had extended playoff time. Shaq ain't a jedi, he can't escape father time. Hell if you a big body and any assemble of a post move you are going to cause Shaq problems at this stage.
djsunyc
5/7/2006  11:29 AM
Posted by eymyel827:

are we here to help the lakers win another championship???

that is isiah's M.O.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/7/2006  11:31 AM
First Crawford is the Knicks savior and now this. Bynum for Curry. Oh yeah, Bynum spun on Shaq and dunked it in a game. Lets trade Curry for him.

In Curry's 2nd season he was averaging 10 and 4 on 10 mpg. This Bynum talk is so beyond ridiculous I don't even know what to say.

Curry has shown the ability to dominate, we should trade that for a 7-2 17 year old because he got a move off on an aging Shaq? I really don't get you guys sometimes. Lets trade LB for an AAU coach while were at it.
djsunyc
5/7/2006  11:34 AM
curry's a soft pansy. he's gonna cause nothing but heartache and disappointment for us for a long long time.

you all know it but are just currently in denial.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-07-2006 11:35 AM]
Pharzeone
5/7/2006  11:40 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

First Crawford is the Knicks savior and now this. Bynum for Curry. Oh yeah, Bynum spun on Shaq and dunked it in a game. Lets trade Curry for him.

In Curry's 2nd season he was averaging 10 and 4 on 10 mpg. This Bynum talk is so beyond ridiculous I don't even know what to say.

Curry has shown the ability to dominate, we should trade that for a 7-2 17 year old because he got a move off on an aging Shaq? I really don't get you guys sometimes. Lets trade LB for an AAU coach while were at it.

The most distrubing part of the Laker/Suns series was that Bynum couldn't get any run in a game that the Lakers desperately wanted to use big men, that indicates just how down Jackson is on him. JO average 4.5 ppg as a rookie so that is a terrible comparison. O'Neal played behind dominating big men on the Blazers but still did enough to earn playing time. Bynum played behind Brown and Mihm, then Turiaf. Curry at the same age average 6 ppg. Curry doesn't rebound, that's his issue but to try and project Bynum is a bad move because even for HS standards he is way behind the curve.
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/7/2006  11:55 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Thats why I can't repond anymore...I'm hearing Bynum is a physical specimen...I hearing Curry fades away, I'm hearing Curry doesn't go up strong but he dunks the ball 90 percnet of the times..I hear Curry does not go up strong but he gets all these offensive fouls...What games are you guys watchng...This is so ridicoulous to even come up with th trade idea...We want him because he showed Shaq attitude in one game....Thats like giving Croshere all tha money because he played well in a game against the Knicks in the playoffs....Great, thank god you guys are just fans...

Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
5/7/2006  12:02 PM
Tough call. I like Bynum, but giving up Curry is a high price. If Bynum doesn't develop, this is the dud deal of the century. I don't think I could justify giving up Curry in that deal, because the risk to reward ratio just isn't high enough.

That being said, if the Lakers are looking to trade Bynum, then in my mind, his trade value has decreased. I'd be willing to do something like Nate + Denver's pick for Bynum.

Bynum would be nice here, but I would want to add him to suppliment our existing frontcourt of Curry and Frye, not replace.

[Edited by - Solace on 05-07-2006 12:03 PM]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/7/2006  12:38 PM
bottom line, Bynum is a five year project. he's a luxury you can afford on a winning team, but for a rebuilding team to trade their starting center for him (a center which they gave up possibly two lotto picks to acquire) - that's worse than idiotic.

you want to insure the Bulls get Oden? trade for Bynum.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
5/7/2006  12:44 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Great, thank god you guys are just fans...

i know right. 23 wins...there's no way we can reach that...
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/7/2006  12:49 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

Larry Brown has a lot more to do with that than Eddy Curry.

¿ △ ?
djsunyc
5/7/2006  12:52 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

point being that I, djsunyc, can do a better job than isiah thomas. i said it. and none of you can prove me wrong.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/7/2006  1:30 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

point being that I, djsunyc, can do a better job than isiah thomas. i said it. and none of you can prove me wrong.
And I, Killa4luv, can do a better job than LB did this year. and none of yo can prove me wrong.

djsunyc
5/7/2006  1:32 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

And I, Killa4luv, can do a better job than LB did this year. and none of yo can prove me wrong.

now that's just crazy talk.
djsunyc
5/7/2006  1:50 PM
marbury/francis + eddy to the lakers for odom + bynum + kwame + #1

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-07-2006 1:54 PM]
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/7/2006  1:58 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

Decent trade and we cut cap...
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
5/7/2006  2:12 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

Take out Kwame and put in Devean George and thts a good deal.

Jeez, you guys still don't realize, we complain about Curry for 24 hours a day, they would have to create more time in the day to complain about Kwame. The guy can't even catch the ball! Did you watch him this series? He needs about three grabs at the ball just to get it under control. I would rather Bruno Sundov then Kwame Brown.

Other then that, that's a pretty good trade DJ.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Pharzeone
5/7/2006  5:58 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Killa4luv:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by djsunyc:

he did not find a coach that suited his players. getting larry was a "no-brainer"? well, it looks like isiah was wrong about that too.
sorry, anytime you criticize lb, you should be criticizing the man that brought him here.

And if you agree with that, you should be critical of yourself too, because you wanted him here.

i don't care if i'm right and wrong. i don't get paid $5 mil a year to make bball decisions. i'm a bball fan. not an nba professional. just like all of us. i can sit and argue with you all for days and days and days b/c we're all in the same boat. what am i gonna criticize myself for, being wrong about a coach (which i don't think i am)? being wrong about a player? who cares if i'm right and wrong. all i know is this team blew before lb got here. it was ticking time bomb...especially with the way lenny was abruptly fired last year. and it exploded this year. all under one guy's watch.

lb is the least of all evils and the least of all problems.

i think bynum is going to be available...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy