[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

i think bynum is going to be available...
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/6/2006  11:25 PM
with phil saying they need to make big decisions this offseason.
and with kobe saying they have nice potential and upside with kwame and turiaf, bynum may have to get moved to get them another piece.
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

5/6/2006  11:26 PM

So?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/6/2006  11:41 PM
Jackie B & the 2 picks for Bynum? probably not enough... what else could we possibly offer? would the Lakers be interested in Nate or Lee? i don't know if i'd include either of them in that package.

[Edited by - TMS on 05-06-2006 11:43 PM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
5/6/2006  11:43 PM
Posted by TMS:

Jackie B & the 2 picks for Bynum?

i think it has to be a little bigger in scale:

eddy for bynum + mihm + #1
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/6/2006  11:46 PM
nah, i wouldn't trade Curry to get Bynum... he's even more of a question mark in my eyes... btw, i think u have to add Aaron McKie to that package to match up the dollars... so that makes 3 extra roster spots you'd need to find room for... i don't think u can make a trade like that w/the Lakers straight up.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/6/2006  11:58 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by TMS:

Jackie B & the 2 picks for Bynum?

i think it has to be a little bigger in scale:

eddy for bynum + mihm + #1

Let me get this straight...We should include our starting center in a trade where the guy we are after scores 1.6 PPG and grabs 1.7 rebs per game?

Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
5/7/2006  3:15 AM
If Larry stays, the team is going to get older. I don't see how Bynum fits with that.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
5/7/2006  3:19 AM
Curry could be Shaq Lite in the Lakers offense.

DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
McK1
Member: #964
5/7/2006  3:58 AM
you got the Lite part right.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
CrashDMB237
Member: #759
5/7/2006  8:19 AM
Wait, I need to know.

Why trade for Bynum? Why trade Butler and two first rounders for Bynum? Why trade CURRY for Bynum? I never understood why guys here are UK were so high on him. I'm not trying to be a sarcastic prick, but can someone explain to me why he's worth all that?
http://homeoftheknicks.com
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
5/7/2006  8:27 AM
Posted by CrashDMB237:

I never understood why guys here are UK were so high on him.
BRIGGS was really high on him and most of the ultimateknicks community trusts his judgement when it comes to drafts.

PS: I dont like Bynum and I dont think we should trade for him.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 05-07-2006 08:28 AM]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
djsunyc
5/7/2006  8:39 AM
Posted by holfresh:

Let me get this straight...We should include our starting center in a trade where the guy we are after scores 1.6 PPG and grabs 1.7 rebs per game?

#1 - isiah was VERY high on bynum. in fact, he said he tried his hardest to get him on draft night b/c he would've loved to walk away with frye AND bynum.

#2 - he's 18, 5 years younger, and already in 10X better shape than curry. he also has more of a physical presence on the court.

#3 - he's a project...but at this point, what is curry other than a dunker?

#4 - when the lakers played us here at the garden, in the 4th quarter, bynum took it right at curry and he couldn't do anything about it. he posted him up, took two dribbles, turned around and hit a nice little shot. RIGHT AT curry...almost like curry wasn't even there.

#5 - with frye here, bynum can concentrate on rebounding and defense.

there are too many instances where curry is fading away and not going up strong like shaq. he doesn't have the mental makeup to take over a game and he dissapears way too often. he takes forever to get started. he can't just catch it, turn, keep the ball up and dunk it. he has to gather himself. bring the ball down like he's trying to jump start his move.
Ira
Member: #91
5/7/2006  9:01 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Curry could be Shaq Lite in the Lakers offense.

Curry is a very good low post scorer who is a turnonver machine, who can't pass to save his life and is not very good defensively.
Ira
Member: #91
5/7/2006  9:02 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

#1 - isiah was VERY high on bynum. in fact, he said he tried his hardest to get him on draft night b/c he would've loved to walk away with frye AND bynum.

#2 - he's 18, 5 years younger, and already in 10X better shape than curry. he also has more of a physical presence on the court.

#4 - when the lakers played us here at the garden, in the 4th quarter, bynum took it right at curry and he couldn't do anything about it. he posted him up, took two dribbles, turned around and hit a nice little shot. RIGHT AT curry...almost like curry wasn't even there.

there are too many instances where curry is fading away and not going up strong like shaq. he doesn't have the mental makeup to take over a game and he dissapears way too often. he takes forever to get started. he can't just catch it, turn, keep the ball up and dunk it. he has to gather himself. bring the ball down like he's trying to jump start his move.

Bynum is also much more intelligent than Curry.

djsunyc
5/7/2006  9:04 AM
Posted by Ira:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

bynum graduated with a 3.6 GPA and a 1050 on his SAT.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
5/7/2006  9:20 AM
posters on ultimateknicks seem to be real high on Bynum for no reason other than BRIGGS saying so. There is nothing wrong with that cause the dude might be a good judge. I havent seen the same type of Bynum mania on most other Knick forums unless something changed as of 2 weeks. I know there is strong anti-Curry sentiment among Knick fans but I would like to give Curry, Lee, Frye atleast one more year together before making a trade involving one of them. We havent seen Bynum play much to trade Eddy Curry for him.

Eddy was supposed to be a franchise talent and if we think he is not, we trade him for someone that can be a franchise talent. If LA is ready to trade Bynum (their 1st rd lotto pick) for Jackie Butler (undersized at PF in the west) and a 2nd round pick, why should we think he will be a franchise talent? Just remember, Larry Brown barely played Lee who is far more advanced as a NBA player than Bynum.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 05-07-2006 09:21 AM]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/7/2006  9:21 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Ira:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

bynum graduated with a 3.6 GPA and a 1050 on his SAT.

eddy was smart enough to make it look like he was gteting it together in a contract year!

Here's my take on Eddy - He could be a good piece on a good team. Two years ago when the Bulls started looking good with Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng, Chandler et al Eddy was a good piece. This year when we had a nice streak and Marbury, AD, Frye, Nate, Ariza, Jamal and Lee were all playing well, Eddy was contributing nicely. But you have to rely on him in any way to lead the team or be the centerpiece, forget it. His skills and demeanor seem to be a complimentary piece who needs to be set up to take advantage of physical mismatches inside. And that's it.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/7/2006  9:44 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

1) This is almost worst than Isiah and Billy Knight screaming that this player or that player is young and athlethic. DJ you may not get paid like Isiah but you sure sound like him. Bynum has warranted nothing to give up more than a late first round pick for him. His coach doesn't want him on the team (how useful could he be when Jackson was content to bring in Turiaf for an ineffective K. Brown, the Lakers second round pick, a guy coming off open heart surgery). Also where is this guy rated on the potential skill higher than Curry.
2) I thought Isiah was inept, so why would you mention that Isiah tried to acquire him on draft nite. Doesn't that mean he is a guy that should be avoided?
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/7/2006  10:37 AM
Why is Curry so good that we can't trade him for Bynum, who has a real nice upside? I mean, sure, give him training camp and if he's out of shape and it's more of the same, forget it, trade him. But Bynum seems to be a work horse, if anything, and Curry isn't, and that alone proves a lot.

Curry: Doesn't block shots, rebound that well, pass, pass out of doubles, score consistently and go up strong, use his natural agility more than 40% of the time. For the moment, Curry sucks.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
5/7/2006  11:21 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:

1) This is almost worst than Isiah and Billy Knight screaming that this player or that player is young and athlethic. DJ you may not get paid like Isiah but you sure sound like him. Bynum has warranted nothing to give up more than a late first round pick for him. His coach doesn't want him on the team (how useful could he be when Jackson was content to bring in Turiaf for an ineffective K. Brown, the Lakers second round pick, a guy coming off open heart surgery). Also where is this guy rated on the potential skill higher than Curry.
2) I thought Isiah was inept, so why would you mention that Isiah tried to acquire him on draft nite. Doesn't that mean he is a guy that should be avoided?

i think everybody here can agree that if there's one thing isiah knows is how to draft. i trust him 100% when it comes to drafting.

how useful was jermaine o'neal at age 17 when he didn't get one single minute? the kid is 18 now. he's already a physical specimen. he will be a better rebounder and defender than curry. dude went AT shaq. do you remember that? he ran down the court and shoved him AFTER he dunked on him.

curry is ahead of bynum on the learning curve...but he's also been in the league for 5 years. and the same doubts still cloud him.
i think bynum is going to be available...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy