www.realgm.com
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/5/2006  6:57 PM
Kiki Won't Return
5th May, 2006 - 6:53 pm
Press Release - Kroenke Sports Enterprises announced today that Nuggets General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe and Owner Stan Kroenke met to discuss Vandeweghe's contract status with the Denver Nuggets .

"After meeting with Kiki today, we agreed his contract will not be extended. We appreciate the time he spent with the Nuggets and wish him good luck as he seeks out his next challenge," said Kroenke. "We remain focused on attaining our goal of establishing a team that consistently competes at the highest levels and will make every effort to achieve that goal."

"I am truly grateful to Mr. Kroenke for the opportunity he gave me and for everything I have learned from this experience," said Vandeweghe. "I am excited about moving in a new direction."
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/5/2006  7:39 PM
I would love to hire him here, but Isiah ain't going anywhere. Also, Kiki had his share of problems in Denver.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/5/2006  7:41 PM
He's made a lot of awful decisions. Maybe he'd do a better job than Isiah, but I'd hardly say I'd love to have him.
eymyel827
Member: #694
USA
5/5/2006  8:10 PM
"president of basketball operation" = isiah thomas

the real general manager = kiki vandeweigh

hows that?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/5/2006  8:11 PM
how about fire Steve Mills & put Kiki in his place as Isiah's boss... that way, if Isiah ends up leaving or being fired, Kiki can take over... i'm not crazy about Kiki either, but it's an option.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/5/2006  8:45 PM
I don't want to replace Isiah with him, I'm not really a fan of his. If and when Isiah is replaced, I want it to be with someone who can really get the job done well, Kiki's signature moves are drafting melo with the #3 pick and the trade with Layden that got them Dice and Camby. Not horrible, but not really anything to get excited about.

When Isiah is replaced, it should be done properly.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/5/2006  9:17 PM
hopefully Jerry West will be on the radar scope... that is, if he'd even be interested in coming into this ridiculous organization in the first place.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/5/2006  9:42 PM
Posted by TMS:

how about fire Steve Mills & put Kiki in his place as Isiah's boss... that way, if Isiah ends up leaving or being fired, Kiki can take over... i'm not crazy about Kiki either, but it's an option.

Ah no thanks. The one man that makes Isiah look good. This guy had to put roots on Joe Dumars to get him not to take Anthony. The more I think about it, getting Kiki would be taking a step back from Isiah. He makes blunders in the FA market and he doesn't draft well, unless you want to give him credit for finding Carmelo Anthony, the NCAA player of the year coming off his championship. His best move was to trade for Camby.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
djsunyc
5/5/2006  10:12 PM
step backwards?!?!?!?!? my goodness man. i'm not sure what team your watching but the entire organization has been in reverse for a while.

kiki had a plan and executed it.

he parted ways with mcdyess b/c of his injury. he got camby, who worked out for them, and drafted nene.

his plan was to get under the cap quicker...and he did that by trading van exel and lafrentz for juwan howard. the cap space didn't magically appear.

with that cap space, he signed andre miller, a season removed from leading the NBA in assists. and by TANKING the season before, he was able to get a high enough pick to get melo.

he hired bzdelik and he got denver to the playoffs. then in his next summer of cap space, he signed kmart. coming off a career year and 2 nba finals. was he worth $90 mil and 3 draft picks? nope. granted, two of the picks traded were acquired by kiki in other deals so he only moved one of denver's own pick.

then when bzdelik was struggling, he hired karl who got them on a major run and ran into the spurs juggernaut.

how about the shrewd deals for evans and patterson this deadline?

is he a great gm? no. but he had a plan and executed it. he IS better than isiah. and seriously people, isiah is the worst gm in the league.

i'm not thrilled with how kiki used the draft (nene, skita). but nene could still pan out if he's healthy and melo is a stud.

4 seasons as the gm, and within one year, he got them back into the playoffs for 3 years in a row....in the west.

not the best, but definitely better than we got.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/5/2006  11:07 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

step backwards?!?!?!?!? my goodness man. i'm not sure what team your watching but the entire organization has been in reverse for a while.

he parted ways with mcdyess b/c of his injury. he got camby, who worked out for them, and drafted nene.

his plan was to get under the cap quicker...and he did that by trading van exel and lafrentz for juwan howard. the cap space didn't magically appear.

with that cap space, he signed andre miller, a season removed from leading the NBA in assists. and by TANKING the season before, he was able to get a high enough pick to get melo.

he hired bzdelik and he got denver to the playoffs. then in his next summer of cap space, he signed kmart. coming off a career year and 2 nba finals. was he worth $90 mil and 3 draft picks? nope. granted, two of the picks traded were acquired by kiki in other deals so he only moved one of denver's own pick.

then when bzdelik was struggling, he hired karl who got them on a major run and ran into the spurs juggernaut.

is he a great gm? no. but he had a plan and executed it. he IS better than isiah. and seriously people, isiah is the worst gm in the league.

i'm not thrilled with how kiki used the draft (nene, skita). but nene could still pan out if he's healthy and melo is a stud.

4 seasons as the gm, and within one year, he got them back into the playoffs for 3 years in a row....in the west.

Just because you are thristy doesn't mean you should drink poison. Find someone better.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
5/6/2006  1:18 PM
Kiki is a joke !!!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
djsunyc
5/6/2006  1:48 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by djsunyc:

Just because you are thristy doesn't mean you should drink poison. Find someone better.

although i agree that finding a replacement for isiah, which should be going on now but probably isn't, should be a long and thorough process. kiki shouldn't be the first guy we go after as we need to interview anybody and everybody. but AT THE WORST CASE, kiki is STILL better than isiah.

drinking poison is what isiah has turned out to be. kiki IS better. remember, that team is making playoffs year after year in the WEST.

melo didn't fall into their laps. they purposely unloaded and tanked to get a better pick for that draft...where lebron, melo, darko, bosh, wade, etc were all available.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
5/6/2006  2:18 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

yeah but, did kiki inherit a situation as horrible as the one isiah did? Isiah has only been here two years. he should get more time than that. besides the knicks arent actually as bad as larry brown makes them look. I just hope isiah had good reason to hire him.

[Edited by - slimpack on 05-06-2006 2:19 PM]
PhilinLA
Member: #696
5/6/2006  2:40 PM
Kiki scares me. He played for Brown in college.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
djsunyc
5/6/2006  3:24 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by djsunyc:

yeah but, did kiki inherit a situation as horrible as the one isiah did? Isiah has only been here two years. he should get more time than that. besides the knicks arent actually as bad as larry brown makes them look. I just hope isiah had good reason to hire him.

kiki dumped salary to get under the cap in one year.

isiah could've starting shedding salary to get under the cap within another year. but he compounded it by adding salary and pushed the cap 2 years further down.

name one defender that isiah has brought in.
and if isiah was going anti-defense, then why hire a coach that's nothing but defense?
isiah has no idea what he's doing. you just bought a lemon from that used car salesman.
oohah
Member: #887
5/6/2006  3:33 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by djsunyc:

isiah could've starting shedding salary to get under the cap within another year. but he compounded it by adding salary and pushed the cap 2 years further down.

and if isiah was going anti-defense, then why hire a coach that's nothing but defense?
isiah has no idea what he's doing. you just bought a lemon from that used car salesman.

Does that mean that LB = Bad Hire?

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
djsunyc
5/6/2006  3:39 PM
Posted by oohah:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by djsunyc:

Does that mean that LB = Bad Hire?

oohah

obviously it was for isiah. the roster he had did not fit the coach he hired. the end result, a total clusterfcuk. so yes, isiah made a bad hire for his own resume.
oohah
Member: #887
5/6/2006  3:42 PM
obviously it was for isiah.

How about for us? Does LB escape culpability? (I know you wrote something negative about LB the other day )

the roster he had did not fit the coach he hired.

You forgot about the part where the coach effed up.
the end result, a total clusterfcuk. so yes, isiah made a bad hire for his own resume.

I think we agree. Isiah hired a coach who did one of the worst coaching jobs in the history of the league. Damn Isiah! (And I really mean that.)

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 05-06-2006 3:43 PM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
djsunyc
5/6/2006  3:47 PM
Does LB escape culpability?

to that i say "who cares?" again, he's the least of all the evils. the team blows. i don't care about the names on the back of the jerseys. i don't care about the name of the coach. the problem as a whole is bigger than the coaching job lb did this year. that's why i keep saying people that hate on lb are just diplacing the blame. i don't care if you like or hate lb, but all those posts that are anti-lb should really be anti-isiah. once isiah is gone, then the new guy can re-evaluate lb. but until isiah is gone, i'm not going to rag on a coach, especially one with a strong resume.
kiki out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy