[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Give Larry Brown his TEAM
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/5/2006  4:19 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Yes you need to know...If you are a fan spending your hard earned money and I know you do, you need to know..If everyone is not on board to win every minute of every game you will easily lose the team and witnessed that all year...

early on, it was apparent that lb was not coaching this year to win games. and i was OK with that. i'm in the minority here but i didn't really care whether we won 40 games or 30 games. would i like to see them win, especially since i'm there? sure i do. but ultimately, there's a bigger thing going on that this individual season...so i was ok with it. so from my point of view, i know lb's track record, i know what's he done in situations like this, so i'm willing to see it play out. he's the only guy in the entire organization with any type of credibility. why should i go nuts b/c of this season? so the team didn't play up to it's "potential"? fine, whatever. (what that potential exactly is, is debateable) but at least something bigger has been revealed. and it needed to be. so, ulitmately, at the end of the day, the names and faces don't matter, but the way the organization operates does. and hopefully b/c of this season, it will start operating differently. but i'm not holding my breath...

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-05-2006 4:22 PM]
AUTOADVERT
oohah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #887
5/5/2006  4:27 PM
your right... everyone knew that existed well before Larry Brown came to town

Including LB, and he came here with that forknowledge and did nothing to improve it. In fact, it astounds me that anyone has made the argument that he has done anything besides make it much, much, worse.

early on, it was apparent that lb was not coaching this year to win games. and i was OK with that. i'm in the minority here but i didn't really care whether we won 40 games or 30 games.

How about 23 games?

would i like to see them win, especially since i'm there? sure i do. but ultimately, there's a bigger thing going on that this individual season...so i was ok with it. so from my point of view, i know lb's track record, i know what's he done in situations like this, so i'm willing to see it play out. he's the only guy in the entire organization with any type of credibility. why should i go nuts b/c of this season? so the team didn't play up to it's "potential"? fine, whatever. but at least something bigger has been revealed. and it needed to be. so, ulitmately, at the end of the day, the names and faces don't matter, but the way the organization operates does. and hopefully b/c of this season, it will start operating differently. but i'm not holding my breath...

That is very poor solace to me. Another thing has been proven: That LB is not the best coach in a young, rebuilding situation.

30-40 games vs. 23 does make a difference. Then, we would not be lamenting losing this year's draft pick. We would be looking toward bigger things rather than aiming for where we were last year. We would probably have a better feeling about the youngsters outside of where we can trade them. There might be some hope. ETC.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/5/2006  4:33 PM

This is where we disagree...I think it's always important to get to the playoffs and learn from that experience...It gives young players more incentive to work hard and get better...I always use to listen to Jordan, Magic and Bird talk about how they work in the offseason after a bitter loss in the playoffs...We are currently at a point now where we have no idea what we still have on this team....That entire season was a throw out season...That was the coaches decision...so yeah 40 games does matter...You don't go from winning 23 games to winning 70...Not unless you get David Robinson...You have to start to build somewhere....

[Edited by - holfresh on 05-05-2006 4:35 PM]
rojasmas
Member: #639
5/6/2006  12:37 PM
You should always be coaching to win games. That's the idea. That is what the fans come to see and it is how players are evaluated. To think otherwise is giving the coach a cop out excuse and it shows where you are at in having a bias for Larry Brown. He should have adjusted to his talent and won 40-45 games and made the playoffs.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
5/6/2006  2:39 PM
Give Larry Brown his walking papers!
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
djsunyc
5/6/2006  3:22 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

You should always be coaching to win games. That's the idea. That is what the fans come to see and it is how players are evaluated. To think otherwise is giving the coach a cop out excuse and it shows where you are at in having a bias for Larry Brown. He should have adjusted to his talent and won 40-45 games and made the playoffs.

whatever man. this team needs an enema and taking a step back to take some steps forward is fine with me. like i said, i'm in the minority here.
oohah
5/6/2006  3:36 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by rojasmas:

whatever man. this team needs an enema and taking a step back to take some steps forward is fine with me. like i said, i'm in the minority here.

What if the team just took a big step back period? Is that not possible?

All this "step back...step forward" stuff strikes me as wishful thinking, rose colored glasses, trying to make a silk purse out of sow's ear, shining a turd...pick your favorite idiom.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 05-06-2006 3:39 PM]
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/6/2006  3:37 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by rojasmas:

I hate to say it but you and many other Knicks fans are WRONG about this team. There is a good deal of talent on this sqaud and they might have had a chance if LB had done his FREAKING JOB!!!! NO ONE can stand up and say that LB did a "great" job of coaching this year and yet that is EXACTLY what we paid him to do. Not tell us over and over how flawed the team is and how he can't figure out who to play. What the heck does that mean anyway. How about all those other teams with less talent and coaches with fewer credentials? They seemed to find a way to coach their teams and yet LB was the one with the MOST lineups in the league. How's that happen if you're so good? I was always a bit critical of Phil Jackson, but he did his job this year and I'll no longer say that he's not one of the greatest coaches ever. He's more than just a coach of great talent, he took a so, so team and made it work. LB should be ashamed to show his face after what he did this year in comparison.

djsunyc
5/6/2006  3:42 PM
Posted by oohah:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by rojasmas:

What if the team just took a big step back period? Is that not possible?

All this "step back...step forward" stuff strikes me as wishful thinking, rose colored glasses, trying to make a silk purse out of sow's ear, shining a turd...pick your favorite idiom.

oohah

no **** it's wishful thinking. just like thinking this team could've won 40 games and made the playoffs. rose colored glasses, silk purse out of shining turd, whatever you want to call it.

i can only speak for myself but what needed to come out in the open for the organization did. but the only way that means jack is if the organization takes note of it and actually changes their approach. but if they don't learn from this, then nothing changes.

oohah
5/6/2006  3:47 PM
no **** it's wishful thinking. just like thinking this team could've won 40 games and made the playoffs. rose colored glasses, silk purse out of shining turd, whatever you want to call it.

Silky turds in a shiny purse!

i can only speak for myself but what needed to come out in the open for the organization did. but the only way that means jack is if the organization takes note of it and actually changes their approach. but if they don't learn from this, then nothing changes.

Hmm, I guess you are right. This is the ultimate Starphuck team, From the GM, to the players, to... even the coach!

If Dolan would just flush everybody except for the rookies I would not shed a tear.

oohah

Give Larry Brown his TEAM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy