Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2006  4:19 PM
Posted by holfresh:

When Larry manages to banish all the young players from this team
well thats impossible because Larry isnt the GM, Isiah is. Sorry but it doesnt work that way. If they make Larry GM/Coach than thats a mistake, a HUGE mistake. But Isiah is still the GM. Francis, Jalen, QWoods, Barnes, whoever.. those are trades made by ISIAH THOMAS, GM OF THE NY KNICKS. Thats a fact jack.

Its Isiah's job to put in place the checks and balances. Its Isiah's job to build the team. Its Isiahs job to get the coach the players that coach wants and needs, in the context of whats BEST for the FRANCHISE. Larry moaned and wanted players traded EVERYWHERE he's been. Its been well documented. Billy King, Donnie Walsh... good GMs that knew Larry was a good COACH. King signed Snow, got Kenny Thomas, dumped Tim Thomas, etc.
Was LB behind those moves? Probably. They were King's trades though, and not Larrys. Remember he didnt trade Iverson and while Iverson says Brown made him a better player, AI also made LB a better coach, and King made did the right thing by keeping them together. No way that team should make the finals, but they did.

Larry Brown love? Please... I just want some guys that play hard. I dont give a fart who coaches, but LB is coach #4 for Isiah and we are seeing the same crap. Its not the coach. Isiah can hire 4 more coaches and you LB haters can throw a parade when we finish with 40 wins and the 8th seed while Statbury, Fat Eddie and Francis are "comfortable."
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
USA
5/4/2006  4:22 PM
^^ what DJ said. FYI: Isiah HIRED Larry Brown. Isiah is the boss. Brown is his employee. End of story. If Larry has too much power Isiah shouldnt have hired him. Why didnt he get Flip? Marbury loves the freakin guy.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/4/2006  4:33 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Larry Brown love? Please... I just want some guys that play hard. I dont give a fart who coaches, but LB is coach #4 for Isiah and we are seeing the same crap. Its not the coach. Isiah can hire 4 more coaches and you LB haters can throw a parade when we finish with 40 wins and the 8th seed while Statbury, Fat Eddie and Francis are "comfortable."

that's why i go balls to wall for lb. he's not the problem with this franchise. is he a yenta? hell yeah. but he's not the problem. the problem is the gm (and of course dolan) and the mental makeup of the players he brought here. and lb has a very very credible resume. the blame is totally misplaced here.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-04-2006 4:34 PM]
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/4/2006  5:18 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

No, I'm not giving up nothing...You can't come here slanted...If we are all in agreement that Isiah will get Larry his players in the offseason, It time to get off Isiah's back for the trades in the offseason...Larry gets credit for the good signings and Isiah get credit for the bad...Thats how you like it huh?

like i said before, if lb asked for francis, he's a douchebag. in fact, i think that post was bronzed by marv, killa, and eny.

but ultimately, isn't isiah the one that's supposed to say yes or no? otherwise, isiah has no plan and is doing what the coach tells him. or isiah is in agreement with lb and they both thought it was a good idea. isiah...is he castrated or still stupid?

however way you look at it, it's TWISTED, SLANTED, TIC TAC TOED, CONNECT FOURED, YAHTZEED, whatever...it sucks.

it's a simple equation:

fire isiah + trade steph = happy knicks fans throughout the world

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-04-2006 3:40 PM]

Both Steph and Isiah both said that player personnel is his call. So why fight it? It is Brown's call. Isiah is taking a backseat to Brown, he has too, and btw, Brown like Riley have that status to make those final calls. Isiah at this point is more of a figurehead. If he wants K-Mart then K-Mart he must have. I am sure Isiah knows that he is now tied with Brown. Dolan I am sure is also involved with these decisions, I find it inplausible to believe that huge contract moves are made without his say so. You guys can pretend all you want but Brown is making these moves, damn even the man himself so.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
5/4/2006  5:27 PM
Let me explain the GM/coach relationship.

1.)GM hires coach that fits his vision of how he wants a team to function

2.) Coach and GM agree on the type of players that will fit best on the team.

3.) Coach makes SUGGESTIONS as to who he wants

4.) GM makes final decision on who will be brought here. Keeping finances and team fit when doing so.

5.) If GM and coach can't get on the same page it is the GM's responsibility to get on the same page or fire and hire a coach that fits his vision

6.) It is never the coach's job to change his vision. He was hired because of his vision it is up to the GM to adjust

7.) When you constantly have a GM that hires a coach and then battles with him to determine who is at fault everytime there is a trade, then you have the NY KNicks.
I just hope that people will like me
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
5/4/2006  5:39 PM
q-rich and jerome or bust...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
5/4/2006  5:40 PM
Who makes the decisions interests me less than the quality of the decisions.

Were the trades for Jalen Rose and Steve Francis part of a longer term strategy, or desperation moves to try to save the season? If they are part of a longer term strategy, we can't judge the trades until that strategy plays out (whoever's strategy that is.)

As moves to save the season, or build a better team, these trades sucked. I didn't mind the Jalen Rose trade. I thought he could help the team. I guess we got a pick out of that trade - depends what we do with that pick. What will the Knicks then do with Jalen's expiring contract? Trade for another has-been?

I never did undestand the Francis trade. Pair him with Marbury? Talk about desperate gambles...

https:// It's not so hard.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/4/2006  5:41 PM
If we trade for K-Mart then moving Marbury becomes a must. Its just not going to work.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2006  5:46 PM
Brown is only guilty of accpting the job offer for $10 mil.

The team was really clicking along just swell until Rose and Franchise got here. Then the chemistry went to hell. IT stunk long before.

One thing Knick fans are at fault is always extrapolate the past into the future.

K-Mart won't heal. That is a medical question.

Steph won't have microfracture brain implant. That is a medical imposibilty. HE is the seasonist. He takes a crap in food to make it "smellier".

Couldn't find a good deal and traded one expiring contract for another plus a pick. Jailin was not a bad trade. Was not a good one, but it don't hurt a thing. Franchise makes no sense unless PhuchenBury is traded or Francissy himself is packaged. This Denver thing has been cooking since february. Why? Cuz he gonna heal. Kmart wants to play and is not a nice person. Curses out reporters infront of children. At least he is not dropping his pants to the Baby sitter and asking for a blow job like Uncle Rueben. Don't bug on KMart quite yet. Dr Lisa will check him out. Its one basket case for another. Denver needs a shooting guard, and we need to shoot one our guards. Why not swap the berka brothers?

Don't sweat the reports, What ever goes down will be fine. Maybe Isiah can find a way to keep steph and still get KMart and Darry Ass Miles!

Imagine:

Curry
Kmart
Miles
Francis
Marbury

4 pricks and heart patient. We need only Danny Fortson to complete the mood.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/4/2006  10:34 PM
what about Marbury for KMart? Keep francis cause at least he tries.

What does Miami have that Denver wants?

Say all you want about Marbury, he is a good player- maybe there is a three way with Marbs to Minny, some stuff from Minny to Denver and KMart our way- include a future, unprotected pick.

KMart is a bit like sprewell- tuff mother #$##
oohah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #887
5/4/2006  10:52 PM
The team was really clicking along just swell until Rose and Franchise got here. Then the chemistry went to hell.

Nalod, the team had no chemistry at any point in the season outside of "The Streak" and the record reflected it throughout. The team was no better or worse with Rose and Francis.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
fishmike
USA
5/5/2006  7:34 AM
Posted by oohah:
The team was really clicking along just swell until Rose and Franchise got here. Then the chemistry went to hell.

Nalod, the team had no chemistry at any point in the season outside of "The Streak" and the record reflected it throughout. The team was no better or worse with Rose and Francis.
whatever... your not calculating the value that Denver pick has. I have no doubt its going to yield that next player to take us over the edge. Once LB plays him

4 pricks and a heart patient... I like it
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/5/2006  9:11 AM
Posted by oohah:

oohah

My sarcasim did not reek enough for you to pick it up. Thats my point to hollfresh, he was dooming and glooming over the so called "larry desired trade pickups"

Losing Antoinio Davis was the not a season breaker, but actually had an impact. We fell apart on and off the court when he went in to protect that man from Kendra's wrath.

Adding Jailen and Franny were not impact deals. By the time Stevie got here, the ship was be have done sunk.
knicks shopping for kmart (isola)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy