[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Timmy was never fugazy in my mind
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/3/2006  6:08 PM
KVH, Tim, Nazy, sweetney.

There must have been 200 post dissing this guy when I brought up his name in Feb. Now look at him, look at all of the guys just pospering in the playoffs, guys we had less then 12 months ago.

I guess the Idea of trading for better talant, instead of better fit never entered the mind of IT. We have probably more talant then any team in the league, best coach, and deepest coaching staff in the history of the game, and what has it brought us.

Every player Ernie grunfeld traded away all went down hill, just the opposite of IT, Layden made a bunch of lateral moves while pretty much putting us in a cap out nightmare that began with Allan, and still hasn't ended.
ES
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/3/2006  6:18 PM
Timmy has the body to average 10 RPG. He averages about a third of that and plays no defense. That makes him King Fugazy
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
5/3/2006  6:38 PM
how can I say this nicely? Timmy T is digging for gold. Searching for the motherlode. Looking for the next fool to give him money. Timmy is the perfect age for 1 more big contract, 28. Ray Allen was 30 at his second big contract. Iverson was 29. Tim should easily get the money Allen got, and that why he's playing like a playa. But we know the real Fugazy. Us and the Milwaukee fans. If someone gets sucked into this act, then good luck to Timmy. But we KNOW he's gonna be the same 14/4 player after he gets paid. The guy just isn't competitive, and doesn't have the pride to work for his pay.

Right now he's working to get paid, and he's still underachieving. I mean c'mon, he's starting with the league MVP, who is only the MVP because he makes people better. He should be averaging KGlike figures with his skills, athleticim and physique.

He will always be fugazy.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/3/2006  6:39 PM
Posted by firefly:

how can I say this nicely? Timmy T is digging for gold. Searching for the motherlode. Looking for the next fool to give him money. Timmy is the perfect age for 1 more big contract, 28. Ray Allen was 30 at his second big contract. Iverson was 29. Tim should easily get the money Allen got, and that why he's playing like a playa. But we know the real Fugazy. Us and the Milwaukee fans. If someone gets sucked into this act, then good luck to Timmy. But we KNOW he's gonna be the same 14/4 player after he gets paid. The guy just isn't competitive, and doesn't have the pride to work for his pay.

Right now he's working to get paid, and he's still underachieving. I mean c'mon, he's starting with the league MVP, who is only the MVP because he makes people better. He should be averaging KGlike figures with his skills, athleticim and physique.

Ditto.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
oohah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #887
5/3/2006  6:42 PM
Posted by knicks1248:

KVH, Tim, Nazy, sweetney.

There must have been 200 post dissing this guy when I brought up his name in Feb. Now look at him, look at all of the guys just pospering in the playoffs, guys we had less then 12 months ago.

I guess the Idea of trading for better talant, instead of better fit never entered the mind of IT. We have probably more talant then any team in the league, best coach, and deepest coaching staff in the history of the game, and what has it brought us.

Every player Ernie grunfeld traded away all went down hill, just the opposite of IT, Layden made a bunch of lateral moves while pretty much putting us in a cap out nightmare that began with Allan, and still hasn't ended.

One of the biggest problems with Fugazy is that he has always been expected to be an offensive centerpiece, and he has always been asked to create his own shot. He has never been a bad player, just way less productive than his apparent talent.

In Phoenix he has the luxury of being a complementary offensive player. He is only being asked to find his spot, catch and shoot which he is effective at. Funny thing is, being freed of the burden of expectation seems to have carried over into improved rebounding and defense.

Good for him and I never want to see him in a Knicks uniform again.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/3/2006  7:11 PM
don't worry, as soon as he secures another contract he'll be back to the old lackadadaisical, gutless, no heart having player we all know & love.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bippity10
Member: #574
5/3/2006  7:41 PM
Plus a lot of it has to do with culture. We have a culture here in NY which is not about winning and not about playing hard. IT's a culture of "getting yours". Until that changes we will always have guys come here, not play hard, see there coach get fired, then when we trade them to a team that has standards for their players you will see them accept their roles and play hard. In Timmy's case at least until his contract is signed.
I just hope that people will like me
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/3/2006  7:59 PM
In Pheniox Tim Thomas is a role player on the suns who's only job is to cause mismatches & score in a free willing offense and isn't heavily relied on. Something like he was in Miluakee. The rebounding was his own effort trying to get another good contract. But he isn't counted on to be a good rebounder as Suns already know who he is. There is no pressure on him at all. If they started the season and Marion went down with Injury and Tim Thomas had to be relied on then they would be screwed.

This is why they gotta find a way to cut some of these salaries down in the NBA and get back to constantly making players hungry.

With the Knicks he was the #2-#3 option and heavily counted on after Houston went down with injury. Thats a big difference.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Bippity10
5/4/2006  4:25 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

In Pheniox Tim Thomas is a role player on the suns who's only job is to cause mismatches & score in a free willing offense and isn't heavily relied on. Something like he was in Miluakee. The rebounding was his own effort trying to get another good contract. But he isn't counted on to be a good rebounder as Suns already know who he is. There is no pressure on him at all. If they started the season and Marion went down with Injury and Tim Thomas had to be relied on then they would be screwed.

This is why they gotta find a way to cut some of these salaries down in the NBA and get back to constantly making players hungry.

With the Knicks he was the #2-#3 option and heavily counted on after Houston went down with injury. Thats a big difference.

Yup. Every player we bring in is being counted on to turn the organization around. Most can't do it.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/4/2006  4:27 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

Yup. Every player we bring in is being counted on to turn the organization around. Most can't do it.

but paid like they could...
knicks1248
5/4/2006  6:25 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

Thats pretty much my point with IT, he's looking for that one special player that can turn this ship right, instead of putting a group of players together that will complement each other.

TT for what he's worth is capable of 20 and 7/8 on most nights. But when you expect so much out of him, you set ur self up for a let down. And just like K MART, it pays to have point guard who can get you the ball where your most comfortable.

ES
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/4/2006  7:59 PM
TT for what he's worth is capable of 20 and 7/8 on most nights. But when you expect so much out of him, you set ur self up for a let down.
? *Everywhere* he goes, he's never averaged more than 14/4, even though he has the body to withstand the pressure of high expectations and average 20/10 if he wasn't such a wuss.
Bippity10
5/5/2006  9:27 AM
If he was here this year, he would have cried about systems and been lazy on D, complained about rotations and been more concerned with himself than the team. Atmosphere is everything.

WE MUST CHANGE THE CULTURE.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/5/2006  9:47 AM
Posted by Bippity10:

If he was here this year, he would have cried about systems and been lazy on D, complained about rotations and been more concerned with himself than the team. Atmosphere is everything.

WE MUST CHANGE THE CULTURE.

in Timmy's case, that's just his personality... he's also pulled the same act in PHI, MIL & CHI... he's just keeping his mouth shut now cuz he's playing for another contract.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TymeLessKnicks
Member: #1050
Sweden
5/5/2006  10:36 AM
that team is the best fit for tim thomas...it would be in his best interest to make that his last stop(highly unlikely IMO)
Had enough Melo?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/5/2006  10:44 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by firefly:

Ditto.

yup.
¿ △ ?
knicks1248
5/5/2006  8:41 PM
It's all about the right fit and the right system.

Thats like being piss at allan for being a slasher or defensive stopper. I certainly don't condone TT's lack of aggresion, but at this point in his career, and with the type of league we have( more one demsional players then anything).
ES
Timmy was never fugazy in my mind

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy