[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about these K-Mart deals directly with Denver?
Author Thread
PresIke
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #33
USA
5/3/2006  12:55 PM
Of course, these seem pretty unlikely, but these are the kinds of deals, made directly with Denver, that MIGHT make me ok a deal for K-Mart:

K-Mart
Miller
Patterson
Najara

for

Marbury
James
Q

This way we get rid of 3 of the WORST contracts and two of the worst headaches. We get 3 defensive minded players in Martin, Najara & Patterson and a TRUE PG in Miller, who can also score. We still have Lee & Frye so even if K-Mart is busted, we'd have hope for their potential to fill out the PF slot. Miller fits in perfectly because we can start he and Francis in the backcourt, and bring Craw off the bench. Martin and Patterson have bad reputations so that's a danger, but Najara and Miller are team players, which adds two more than the few we currently have. Najara and Miller are also perfect because they don't need to score. Najara is a good defensive player who can spot minutes at the 3 & 4, and Miller is the PG of Larry Brown's dreams.

Of course, I doubt Denver does this deal but this is a deal I might be willing to take.

This next deal CURRENTLY works under the cap, but Nene & Evans are free-agents and I'm not as big of a fan of it, however:

Marbury
James
Q

Martin
Miller
Nene
Evans

Again we get Brown's PG of his dreams, and Evans who is a physical player inside (which we lack)and a rebounding maniac. Nene is coming off of that injury so it's hard to say how he will be, but he can help with the Center position, backing up Curry. The problem is he isn't a very good shot blocker. If Martin is a shell of himself, ad Nene done, at least we get Evans and Miller, both of whom this team need, and rid ourselves of horrible conracts and attitudes.

Anyway, these are two that I noticed which might make me buy a K-Mart trade. The first, however, is more to my liking.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/3/2006  1:27 PM
the second trade has zero shot of happening... & personally, i don't think DEN has the slightest bit of interest in trading for Marbury... if the deal is done, it'll be for Steve Francis, or 1 of our expiring contracts (Mo T, Jalen).

how about this one:

Francis
Mo T
SA's pick

for

KMart
Najera
Miller
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
5/3/2006  1:44 PM
no offense. really.

but u guys are ****in morons if you think dolan trades marbury for anything less than equal talent.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
TMS
USA
5/3/2006  1:50 PM
in that case, i guess Baron Davis is on his way to NY next season.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/3/2006  2:05 PM
if you want to look at a more fiscially responsible deal, then q + jerome for kmart is a trade that works.

and only one knick contract has the same length as kmart and that's jamal's. so a swap of jamal + kmart also fits the fiscal responsibility parameters as well.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-03-2006 2:08 PM]
McK1
Member: #964
5/3/2006  6:48 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

no offense. really.

but u guys are ****in morons if you think dolan trades marbury for anything less than equal talent.

82-120 since the Stiph trade. anybody we trade him for can help to such a record.

if its about the Dough-lan, the Francis NYK jersey will sell and so will Robinson's. Richardson's jersey may do well also. Lowry's no. 1...fuggettaboutit.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/3/2006  11:43 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

no offense. really.

sometimes you got to take your lumps and just move on. It ain' the end of the world. Sometimes you gamble and win, somtimes not. Look at orlando, There No 1. pick blew out on them. Somehow the darko thing is now looking brilliant and if Reezy is decent they win even more with dumping Francis. Take a dump and win.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/3/2006  11:54 PM
WRONG :( Really does anyone REALLY believe that it was due to Steph that this team hasn't won since he's been here. Just what winning players did we actually have on this team with him. You can see how well KG is doing with a team of losers himself thhe last 2 years. NO ONE PLAYER CAN WIN BY HIMSELF. NOT NASH OR KIDD. YOU NEED A FREAKIN TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I happen to think that we have the makings of a decent team if we allow our young players to continue to develop under the same coach and system. We trade Jalen and Francis and bring in the needed defensive swingman and rebounder/shotblocker and a deep threat. That's really all we need to accomplish this summer. Let this team jell and develop.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/4/2006  1:28 AM
why is it that we have to rescue teams from their disaster financial moves? why? Is kenyon that damn appealing? Haven't we been down this road before?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
5/4/2006  8:51 AM
no, Kenyon isn't all that appealing, but neither is the prospect of having Steve Francis sitting on the bench making max dollars & being a malcontent for the next few years either... it's about exchanging 1 malcontent player for another & hoping for the best... yes, it's not the ideal way of doing business in the NBA, but at this point, we're not really rich w/great choices... on the plus side, KMart comes here & becomes the defensive force & emotional leader this team has been lacking for the past several years... on the minus side, we have another player making max dollars sitting on the bench not contributing... so what else is new?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2006  8:57 AM
I would rather give up Francis and get nothing back. The Hawks scenario accomplishes that.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
5/4/2006  8:59 AM
i'd rather take the chance at the positive return than toss a player for nothing in return... 2 different mindsets i guess.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2006  9:09 AM
Posted by nixluva:

WRONG :( Really does anyone REALLY believe that it was due to Steph that this team hasn't won since he's been here. Just what winning players did we actually have on this team with him. You can see how well KG is doing with a team of losers himself thhe last 2 years. NO ONE PLAYER CAN WIN BY HIMSELF. NOT NASH OR KIDD. YOU NEED A FREAKIN TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I happen to think that we have the makings of a decent team if we allow our young players to continue to develop under the same coach and system. We trade Jalen and Francis and bring in the needed defensive swingman and rebounder/shotblocker and a deep threat. That's really all we need to accomplish this summer. Let this team jell and develop.

Yeah, some of us think Steph should go. Lets put it this way, steph alone can't do it I agree, but we had a lot of talent on this team and while not all Stephs fault we had an atititude problem. A big one. As the self proclaimed alpha male on this team and as the most talented he sets the pace.

THe results are as such. Steph needs to be on a team like Miami or other where peeing on the bushes does not claim territory. You want to be the lead dog, you got to earn it.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/4/2006  9:14 AM
Unless we get a guarantee that Marting is not done physically, I don't want that fool in a Knicks uniform.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/4/2006  9:31 AM
Ruben Patterson is a registered sex offender, and will never be a NY Knick.
McK1
Member: #964
5/4/2006  10:20 AM
he has a player opt and its the last year of his contract otherwise. Patterson can choose fee-agency or cut/buy-out.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/4/2006  11:00 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I would rather give up Francis and get nothing back. The Hawks scenario accomplishes that.

exactly.. addition by subtraction... But I ask, did we really have to be in this situation? we should of let penny expire and if Brown hated ariza that much, let his contract expire also... now we are stuck with francis and the only hope of ridding ourself of him is by adding another malcontent player with bad knees and a ugly contract!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
5/4/2006  11:12 AM
if addition by subtraction benefits this franchise, then why don't we just tell these guys all to stay the F home & continue to collect their millions for doing nothing at all? why give them away to other teams that they can potentially help for nothing back in return? that's just a moronic way of thinking. (no offense fish, not meant directly at you)
buddapaw
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #1101

5/4/2006  4:16 PM
I just don't like Kfart at all, he will be a malcontent here especially playing for Brown. As always Brown always want every player in the league until they get on his team.
"Low Percentage Shots r US, these are our Knicks" "NY KNICKS the cure for basketball fanatic"
How about these K-Mart deals directly with Denver?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy