[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KMart should be fully healed by the start of next season
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/3/2006  11:38 AM
Posted by fishmike:

KMart is a 35-40 minute a night player at PF. If you ever want to see Lee or Frye get minutes there dont make this move.

A typical Knicks move would be to send Francis to Denver for KMart and then send Frye/Marbury/our 2 #1s for Iverson

Your 2006-07 NEW YOUR KNICKS!!!!
Iverson
QRich
Lee
Kmart
Curry
bench: Crawford, JJ, Nate, Malik, QWoods, bla bla bla

fish, I could tell you now this deal works out in the future too..

K-mart hurts his knee, Iverson misses 25 games, and feuds with brown, the knicks win 32 games and the bulls swap picks with the knicks..

the sixers with our picks draft lowry, and Josh boone, they trade marbury for other pieces they probably throw in Korver.... Frye develops into a star.

the sixers lineup

Lowry
iggy
sf(through trade or FA)
webber/ frye ( frye takes over for webber in 1 year)
Dalembert/frye

The sixers win 44 games, with a good young lineup geared for the future...

Knicks fans, crying they don't have frye...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/3/2006  11:40 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:

KMart is a 35-40 minute a night player at PF. If you ever want to see Lee or Frye get minutes there dont make this move.

A typical Knicks move would be to send Francis to Denver for KMart and then send Frye/Marbury/our 2 #1s for Iverson

Iverson
QRich
Lee
Kmart
Curry

are you kidding me? i'd sign up for those trades in a heartbeat... how many years were you & others pining for a true franchise star player, & then some of you thought you got it when we got Marbury... he's not even close to being on AI's level... the guy's 1 of the top 5 players in the game, i'd absolutely jump out of my shoes w/that deal... call me starphucker or not... it's a nobrainer.
iverson is so amazing that he willed his team to the playoffs... please man. the only player that got his team to the playoffs solo basically is Kobe.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/3/2006  11:42 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by fishmike:

Iverson
QRich
Lee
Kmart
Curry

fish, I could tell you now this deal works out in the future too..

K-mart hurts his knee, Iverson misses 25 games, and feuds with brown, the knicks win 32 games and the bulls swap picks with the knicks..

the sixers with our picks draft lowry, and Josh boone, they trade marbury for other pieces they probably throw in Korver.... Frye develops into a star.

the sixers lineup

Lowry
iggy
sf(through trade or FA)
webber/ frye ( frye takes over for webber in 1 year)
Dalembert/frye

The sixers win 44 games, with a good young lineup geared for the future...

Knicks fans, crying they don't have frye...

All right, now that we got the details covered i'm on board with it.
Caseloads
5/3/2006  11:44 AM
Posted by fishmike:

the Bulls are a good analogy. Lottery talent is nice, but we dont have 2 players like Nocioni and Duhon and they are FA and 2nd round. Lets build a style of play. Keep adding cost smart players with ood character, high IQ and play on both ends and see where that takes us. KMart and Iverson looks great on paper, but its more of the same thats gotten us here. I'm willing to watch some "less talented" guys play hard and smart for a couple years and see what happens.
we're going to trade our two first rounders, Frye and Malik for Booz Cruise i'm sure. And then the guy will get injured again.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/3/2006  11:44 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by fishmike:

Iverson
QRich
Lee
Kmart
Curry

are you kidding me? i'd sign up for those trades in a heartbeat... how many years were you & others pining for a true franchise star player, & then some of you thought you got it when we got Marbury... he's not even close to being on AI's level... the guy's 1 of the top 5 players in the game, i'd absolutely jump out of my shoes w/that deal... call me starphucker or not... it's a nobrainer.
iverson is so amazing that he willed his team to the playoffs... please man. the only player that got his team to the playoffs solo basically is Kobe.

Kobe & Lebron... but what's that prove... those are probably the top 2 players in the NBA right now... i still say AI is in the top 5 right after those 2, Duncan & KG.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2006  11:46 AM
I dont know if anyone around here has defender AI more than myself. And to be honest I think that's a decent team for a few years. AI is 30+ now, about a 160 pounds and plays like he's 17. He's going to break down. Who knows about KMart. Make no mistake, I LOVE AI, but I dont think that team is any better than the one that lost to the Lakers. We have a 2-3 year window, and are once again left with VERY little as a backup plan.

All I'm saying is despite the players being a bit better its more of the same and thats simply not working. Lets get young, smart and hard working, THEN look to add pieces.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Caseloads
5/3/2006  11:52 AM
Lets get young hard working and hopefully draft Oden next year with the #1 pick.
Caseloads
5/3/2006  11:52 AM
Oden can and will save this franchise.
Caseloads
5/3/2006  11:53 AM
Wait a minute. I mean, he'll save Chitown. If he comes out next year. If I'm IT - i'd BEG oden to stay in school for two years.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/3/2006  11:58 AM
Posted by fishmike:

All I'm saying is despite the players being a bit better its more of the same and thats simply not working. Lets get young, smart and hard working, THEN look to add pieces.

it's tough to see that happening when the last trade made was for francis.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/3/2006  12:18 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by TMS:

i don't think LB is happy w/that frontcourt to be honest... that may have been Isiah's vision, but his vision has long since lost its luster... i think the organization will go w/what LB wants from here on out... they have too much invested in LB not to give him what he thinks he'll need to get this team to contention... i think LB wants some gritty, hard nosed players on this team to teach some of the younger guys... it's a real shame this team wasted the Amnesty exception on JYD... he would have filled that role perfectly last season... i think this is why LB wants guys like KMart & Zo... he knows Curry & Frye are never going to be the tough inside players like he had in DET in Big Ben & Rasheed.

Speaking of waste, then why were those contracts and roster spots wasted on Francis and Rsse (Yes I know we will NEVER tire of having this conversation in perpetuity).
THose were LB's picks
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/3/2006  12:37 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

You can do serious long-term damage if you only allow yourself 30% of the necessary recovery time after such a serious injury and surgery. It's wishfull thinking that he's gonna be back an healthy next year. I haven't seen one player come back this quickly, have poor results, and then just need a few more months to heal.

ITs actually 27.78% of the time. YOu were off by 2.22 percentage points, or 7.41%!

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2006  1:17 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by TMS:

i don't think LB is happy w/that frontcourt to be honest... that may have been Isiah's vision, but his vision has long since lost its luster... i think the organization will go w/what LB wants from here on out... they have too much invested in LB not to give him what he thinks he'll need to get this team to contention... i think LB wants some gritty, hard nosed players on this team to teach some of the younger guys... it's a real shame this team wasted the Amnesty exception on JYD... he would have filled that role perfectly last season... i think this is why LB wants guys like KMart & Zo... he knows Curry & Frye are never going to be the tough inside players like he had in DET in Big Ben & Rasheed.

Speaking of waste, then why were those contracts and roster spots wasted on Francis and Rsse (Yes I know we will NEVER tire of having this conversation in perpetuity).
THose were LB's picks
says who? I mean really... because of the way he half heartedly said they were good players? I'm pretty sure the only guys that LB came out and told Isiah to get were Barnes and QWoods
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/3/2006  7:46 PM
Im an Iverson fan, but Marbury plus Frye plus 2 first rd draft picks for Iverson is not good buisness.

How about, Marbury, Fyre, James, Taylor & #20 pick for Iverson & Webber.

Philly looks like Marbury, Collins(lottery pick), Iggy, Frye, Dalembert. Plus the #20 draft pick from the Knicks. Or if they get a top 3 pick they could package the #20 for Morrison.

Follow that up with Francis for Eddie Jones & future protected pick
Sign Reggie Evans with mid level
Jalen Rose & spurs draft pick for Calvin Booth & Gadz. Bucks can be 3 deep for a season with Redd, Simmons, Rose and take a PF/C with #29 to backup Maglorie & Bogut.

Curry/Gadz/Booth
Webber/Evans/M.Rose
Richardson/Lee/Woods
Jones/Crawford/Richardson
Iverson/Crawford/Robinson

Everyones happy
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/4/2006  9:47 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by TMS:

THose were LB's picks
says who? I mean really... because of the way he half heartedly said they were good players? I'm pretty sure the only guys that LB came out and told Isiah to get were Barnes and QWoods

No. You are in denial. http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=15799

KMart should be fully healed by the start of next season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy