[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What I'm Convinced Is the Ideal Offseason (/w/ Subplots)
Author Thread
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
5/2/2006  9:19 PM
Trade #1

Q. Richardson & Jerome James

for

Kenyon Martin

Explanation: B/c for 60-65 games a year, he's the perfect compliment to Curry. And most importantly, b/c he allows us to get rid of a few bad contracts and consolidate space on the roster for when we move Francis for 2-3 contracts. Denver won't get much else in return for K-Mart, and Q-Rich would fit well in their system. James is to make the salaries match, but hey.........atleast they wont have to resign Francisco Elson. ;.

Trade #2

Steve Francis & 29th Pick

for

Mike Miller & Brian Cardinal & Fut. 2nd

Explanation:They clear cap, and get that penetrator they sorely need (as shown by them being ousted out of the 1st round yet again). They have a very good team-oriented group, but they don't have that 1 guy that can take over in the 4th quarter. And fans are getting fed up with them continually getting ousted in the 1st round. Miller's good, but he's no Ben Gordon.

PLUS -- their attendance has been ****ty. Francis is a big name they could use. And him returning to the team that drafted him doesnt hurt either as far as press is concerned.

Potential Signing

Jared Jefferies -- 5 Yrs/30 Million.

Explanation: If Washington chooses NOT to lock him up, he'd be the perfect 2/3/4 defender for LB's system. Long and athletic. Look at the job he's done on Lebron...

Trade #3A (if Jefferies can be signed)

Mo Taylor & Fut. 2nd

for

Eric Snow & Ira Newble & Fut. 1st

Explanation: Dont worry. Newble would be cut. But Eric Snow gives us that tall, pass first, defensively strong vet backup that LB covets...

Trade 3B (if we CAN'T sign Jefferies)

Mo Taylor & Nate Robinson & Pick

for

Derek Fisher & Mickael Pietrus & Filler

Explanation: Same as Eric Snow scenario, only better. Pietrus is not as versatile as Jefferies, but he's still a solid perimeter defender...

06-07 Rotation

Eddy Curry
Kenyon Martin
Jared Jefferies/Mickael Pietrus
Jamal Crawford
Stephon Marbury

Mike Miller
David Lee
Jackie Butler
Channing Frye
Derek Fisher/Eric Snow

Spare Mins. For --- Malik Rose, Brian Cardinal, & Nate Robinson (if not traded)

If Nate is traded, use the Denver Pick on Lowry.

If not traded, use it on an athletic shotblocker...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 05-02-2006 9:22 PM]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
AUTOADVERT
NYKPHINS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1116
USA
5/2/2006  9:50 PM
no to kenyan martin, please. he is completely the wrong way to go. we dont need any more of these injured, bad attitude max salary guys here. let channing play, and forget that clown martin. as for the rest, i like brining in jeffries, and mike miller. however i really dont want steph on the team next year.
Miami Dolphins - 2008 AFC East Champions!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
5/2/2006  9:57 PM
I think you started this off all wrong. Kenyon does not belong on this team. He is not the player we need. A healthy Kenyon? Yes. This Kenyon? no way.
bobs3304
5/2/2006  11:55 PM
I didn't ask if you liked or wanted K-Mart.

B/c whether you do or don't, there's a very good chance you'll be seeing him in a Knick uniform next year...

DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
bobs3304
5/2/2006  11:56 PM
Oh...........and as for Steph.

Dolan will NOT trade him unless something blows him away. Otherwise the 5th best selling jersey wearer, and our "franchise star" is going nowhere...

I'd bet the house on that.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
5/3/2006  1:02 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Dolan will NOT trade him unless something blows him away. Otherwise the 5th best selling jersey wearer, and our "franchise star" is going nowhere...

Nothing you could say
Can tear me away from my guy
Nothing you could do
Cause I'm stuck like glue to my guy

I'm stickin to my guy like a stamp to a letter
Like birds of a feather
We..... stick together
I will tell you from the start
I can't be torn apart from my guy.

Nothing you can do
Could make me untrue to my guy
Nothing you could buy
Could make me tell a lie to my guy...
I gave my guy my word of honor
To be faithful, and I'm gonna
You best be believing
I won't be deceiving my guy...

As a matter of opinion
I think he's tops..
My opinion is he's the cream of the crop
As a matter of taste to be exact
He's my ideal as a matter of fact..

No muscle bound man could take my hand from my guy
No handsome face could ever take the place of my guy
He may not be a movie star
But when it comes to be happy we are..
There's not a man today who could take me away
from my guy
No muscle bound man could take my hand
from my guy
No handsome face could ever take the place
of my guy

He may not be a movie star
But when it comes to be happy we are..
from my guy
from my guy

-- Mary Wells

[Edited by - BASKETBALLJONES on 05-03-2006 01:03]
https:// It's not so hard.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/3/2006  1:04 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

bobs, i don't think you realize that it's more than jersey sales at this point. isiah is not very happy with steph. almost everyone in the organization wants him gone. he's gonna get traded. the only real question is that will isiah be the one trading him or will they bring in another gm.
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/3/2006  2:29 AM
i like the way you are thinking. only problems...

1) Martin MIGHT be done for - why take another team's injury problem?

2) Steve Francis & 29th Pick

for

Mike Miller & Brian Cardinal & Fut. 2nd

is two of our "a-s-s"ets for Mike Miller who got nothing done playoff time and B-Cardinal who is now the Jerome James signing in Memphis.

3A) Snow is NOT tall. He is shot and SHORT. He has many years left on his contract and not going to give a sam cassell like impact here in NY.

I like 3B. But only if we can get rid of two swingmen - like Q Rich and Nate rob to give MikeyP some playing time.
bobs3304
5/3/2006  2:42 AM
^ Trades 1, 2, and 3 would/should happen in sync. Therefore, yes, QRich and quite possibly Nate Rob would be traded, thus making room for Mikey P.

Snow is listed at 6-3, and he's not completely shot.

Martin MIGHT be done...

And so might McDyess.....

k?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2006  7:10 AM
is it me or do we have like 19 guys after those trades?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
McK1
Member: #964
5/3/2006  7:48 AM
Miller is the Grizz' only shooter.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/3/2006  7:50 AM
Do you guys think Memphis is gonna trade Miller? Miller has been their steadiest player all season.

Those guys do need a roster makeover. Jerry West has been getting away with winning with that crazy bunch of guys they got. On paper they should not be in the playoffs......they are the opposite of the Knicks.

They have a ton of guys coming off the books and lots of room to improve.....Maybe they make the trade for Marbs or Francis then use the extra money they would have on a sign a big man to protect Gasol. Isiah should try to sell Jerome James and Marbs to them. Should get a nice return for them.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
McK1
Member: #964
5/3/2006  7:58 AM
key word being try.

the idea that Isiah can haggle 1 of the greatest executives of all times is a cutesy idea.

Francis is a viable option. West ay be a fan. 6 boards from the pg spot for his career is impressive
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
djsunyc
5/3/2006  10:54 AM
#1. marbury for jwill + posey (2 year s&t) + #1
#2. francis for battier + wright (2 year s&t)
#3. jrose for webber + 2007 #1 (top 3 protected)
#4. release jerome james

what does this accomplish?
it puts us under the cap in the summer of 2008 (two seasons away).
it gives us a nice lotto pick from philly in a deep 2007 draft, to go along with chicago's pick (swap).

leaves us with this roster in the summer of 2008: crawford, nate, quentin, battier, lee, frye, curry, butler, 2006 #1, 2006 #1, 2007 philly #1, 2007 chicago #1.

it's a rebuild and those deals are definitely realistic...and we get cap room as a bonus.

make me the gm of this f'n team and i will turn it around.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-03-2006 10:55 AM]
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
5/3/2006  11:04 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

#1. marbury for jwill + posey (2 year s&t) + #1
#2. francis for battier + wright (2 year s&t)
#3. jrose for webber + 2007 #1 (top 3 protected)
#4. release jerome james

what does this accomplish?
it puts us under the cap in the summer of 2008 (two seasons away).
it gives us a nice lotto pick from philly in a deep 2007 draft, to go along with chicago's pick (swap).

leaves us with this roster in the summer of 2008: crawford, nate, quentin, battier, lee, frye, curry, butler, 2006 #1, 2006 #1, 2007 philly #1, 2007 chicago #1.

it's a rebuild and those deals are definitely realistic...and we get cap room as a bonus.

make me the gm of this f'n team and i will turn it around.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-03-2006 10:55 AM]

sounds decent but it won't happen. isaih will make desperate moves to not be in the lotto next year. with that lineup we might end up in the lotto again for the bulls. hypothetically if we do get under the cap in 2008, who are the key free agents to target? lebron is next year i believe.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/3/2006  11:06 AM
Jason Williams? you want to trade 1 all flash no substance self promoter PG for another all flash no substance self promoter PG? Posey would be a decent addition, but is he really going to make a difference on this team?

Francis for Battier & Wright sounds OK to me, but does MEM want to take on his max contract?

J Rose for CWebb & PHI #1 would be nice, but Billy King isn't Isiah Thomas... he won't give up a likely lottery pick if the goal there is to rebuild the franchise.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
5/3/2006  11:10 AM
Posted by TMS:

Jason Williams? you want to trade 1 all flash no substance self promoter PG for another all flash no substance self promoter PG? Posey would be a decent addition, but is he really going to make a difference on this team?

Francis for Battier & Wright sounds OK to me, but does MEM want to take on his max contract?

J Rose for CWebb & PHI #1 would be nice, but Billy King isn't Isiah Thomas... he won't give up a likely lottery pick if the goal there is to rebuild the franchise.

jwill will then get dumped to atlanta for childress or for a draft pick.
TMS
USA
5/3/2006  11:17 AM
haha... i didn't realize ATL was so high on White Chocolate.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
5/3/2006  11:18 AM
Posted by TMS:

atl needs a pg in the worst way. jwill is a relatively cheap two year rental for $8mil per.
TMS
USA
5/3/2006  11:19 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by TMS:

atl needs a pg in the worst way. jwill is a relatively cheap two year rental for $8mil per.

why wouldn't they simply sign a PG outright then? why give up Childress or a 1st rounder to get him when they have all that cap space to sign a FA?
What I'm Convinced Is the Ideal Offseason (/w/ Subplots)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy