- only dud series is memphis/dallas
AUTOADVERT
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
4/30/2006  6:59 PM
don't look now -- but the Clippers can beat the Spurs
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/30/2006  7:01 PM
suns/lakers:

after all the dust has settled, kobe is proving to be a better player than nash as he is making his teammates better and eeking out close games. and phil jackson is proving he's better than d'antoni for changing up the lakers gameplan to diffuse the suns offense. suns are a victim of injuries as kurt would've helped them alot. the golden touch may be gone as colangelo is leaving and amare may turn into mcdyess part 2.

miami/chicago:

chicago is exposing miami as an old and OVERRATED team. the lockerroom had svg removed for pat and now it's rearing it's ugly head. shaq has been exposed as a big old man that has lost TWO steps. hinrich is being a major pain in the ass to wade. and a great statement of what a collection of guys that play hard and fearless can do. the flaws in the miami armor are out in the open and riles has nobody to blame but himself.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 04-30-2006 7:03 PM]
djsunyc
4/30/2006  7:01 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

they have to beat their big brothers first...
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/30/2006  8:13 PM
yeah, LA/LA is going to be a great series. I think the Clips will win, just because I don't know who will stop Brand. But the Lakers are playing exceptionally well right now.

I wish the Kings hadn't choked in Game 2, because if they had a 2-1 lead, that series would be VEEEERY interesting.

good playoffs all around.
¿ △ ?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/30/2006  9:32 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

suns/lakers:

after all the dust has settled, kobe is proving to be a better player than nash as he is making his teammates better and eeking out close games. and phil jackson is proving he's better than d'antoni for changing up the lakers gameplan to diffuse the suns offense. suns are a victim of injuries as kurt would've helped them alot. the golden touch may be gone as colangelo is leaving and amare may turn into mcdyess part 2.
FYI, Kobe was ALWAYS a way better player than Nash. I wouldn't say hes making his teammates better, I'd say he has a coach who has made a major adjustment in their offensive and defensive strategy to beat a particular team that has an unorthodox style. Phil is outcoaching the Suns, by doing the exact opposite of what our coach did this year, tailoring the plan to the circumstances.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/30/2006  9:46 PM
Today's game was proof that Kobe deserves the MVP a lot more than Nash does. As good of a PG as Nash is, he can't carry a team like Kobe can.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
McK1
Member: #964
4/30/2006  9:47 PM
Arenas is impressing me. He's gone from dribbling at the 3 line and firing every other possession to moving the ball and playing with the other guys on the court

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
McK1
Member: #964
4/30/2006  9:49 PM
Kobe is the premier guard in the league.

2nd best player playing after Tim.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Killa4luv
USA
5/1/2006  12:42 AM
This years playoffs are magical!! I think the era of the superstar is over. All of the really great teams have great teams, not just 1 great player and a bunch of role players.
tomverve
Member: #878
5/1/2006  1:17 AM
Don't know about the superstars-- if anything the stars are out in force. Dirk, Kobe, LeBron, Arenas...

This is easily the most exciting first round I've ever witnessed (though I missed Suns/Lakers game 4 on account of work, d'oh). Awesome stuff.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
djsunyc
5/1/2006  1:25 AM
i think it's also a testament of how fundamentally poor players have become. the league had to change the rules to allow guards to pretty much do what they want (for the most part) since nobody could score anymore.

very few centers. very few dominant big men. and pretty bad defense (a byproduct of the new rules)...but ultimately, the teams that are legitimately winning are the ones slowing down the game, rebounding, and playing halfcourt.
Killa4luv
USA
5/1/2006  1:32 AM
^^^^True. Defense now consists of jumping in front of the circle and flopping. Its painful to watch.
tomverve
Member: #878
5/1/2006  1:40 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think it's also a testament of how fundamentally poor players have become. the league had to change the rules to allow guards to pretty much do what they want (for the most part) since nobody could score anymore.

I don't think it's as bad as it might seem. I think defenses have just genuinely become much, much better since the 80s. Also keep in mind that they also changed the illegal defense rules-- I think the intent was to make the game more exciting but it just made defenses more versatile and harder to deal with. I also think there was a bit of a lull of leaguewide talent during the mid/maybe-late 90s that pushed the league towards tinkering with the rules, and nowadays I think the pendulum is swinging back the other way a bit more. There's a lot that goes into it-- I don't think the players being fundamentally poor is really the biggest thing, if it's really any thing at all.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
djsunyc
5/1/2006  1:52 AM
i don't know. the midrange jumper is completely gone from the game. the post up game is almost non-existant when it comes to big men. most of them are face up guys. guards are all about the drive or the 3. i think the transformation of the player from "textbook" to "espn sportcenter" caused the rule changes.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05-01-2006 01:53 AM]
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
5/1/2006  2:54 AM
bulls/miami and spurs/kings two best matchups right now.

the underdog coming through in fine fashion...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
djsunyc
5/1/2006  3:56 PM
btw, is phil jackson coaching his team to it's "strengths"? you would assume it would be kobe and lamar jocking it up...but it's not. it's a total team game. everyone is passing, everyone is touching the ball, and everyone is involved. funny how that works in the playoffs.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
5/1/2006  9:26 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

So can Dallas..

The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
5/1/2006  9:27 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

btw, is phil jackson coaching his team to it's "strengths"? you would assume it would be kobe and lamar jocking it up...but it's not. it's a total team game. everyone is passing, everyone is touching the ball, and everyone is involved. funny how that works in the playoffs.

just like the '70 knicks. he's taking a page from his old coach red holtzman
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/1/2006  9:41 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by bigpimpin:

So can Dallas..

They can . . . but they won't!

The old pros are gonna do it. Duncam. Big Shot Bob Horry. Bruce Bowen. Finley. Nick the Quick. "New" old vets Manu, Parker, Nazr.

San Antone's working out the kinks where they should, in the first round. Sacramento can have their little wet dream, it's OK.

Meanwhile in the east, Detroit's following the same script.

It's gonna be a helluva finals. Rematch. Heavyweight belt at stake. TD and Big Ben aren't ready to relinquish anything to the upstarts. It's mana a mano time. Rasheed, stay home on the 3-point shooter this time.
not for nothing but this year's playoffs have been fantastic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy