[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maggette for Nate/QRich??
Author Thread
SickKnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1038

4/30/2006  4:14 PM
Read the Clips realgm forum...a lot of the members are willing to take back Nate and either Craw or Q1 for Maggs. Doesnt sound like a bad deal...

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=503777

Maggs could play SF for us and his contract is a better value than both Craw and QRich. Id be willing to part with nate to get him.
Big Game James. You can't stop him you can only hope to contain him.
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/30/2006  4:21 PM
I'd do it, but if we throw in Nate we need a pick or a another youngster, we'd be giving up too much. Plus they have Sam and shaun Livingston, I doubt they want Nate anyway.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/30/2006  4:22 PM
The guy has had season crippling injuries every year. Hernia? Back issues? Ankle? Knee?

Why are all the NBA's gimpy being rumored to come here?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SickKnick

4/30/2006  4:44 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

The guy has had season crippling injuries every year. Hernia? Back issues? Ankle? Knee?

Why are all the NBA's gimpy being rumored to come here?

Right, but remember that if Maggette does not work out for us, he would be MUCH easier to move than QRich (back problems, contract) or Craw (inconsistent, contract). It wouldnt be an "all or nothing" move like Isiah's usual M.O.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/30/2006  4:53 PM
Magette is another guy who will fit right in.

Dumb, makes a lot of money (wasnt he signed recently?) is always hurt, and is a punk.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
4/30/2006  4:59 PM
I would do this trade just because that way I would no longer have to watch Q Richardson playing for the Knicks...
Member: #1126
USA
4/30/2006  5:02 PM
Nate was the leading scorer in three games this year, convincingly scoring 30 + twice and he's the smallest man in the league? He could do all kinds of things for a first year rookie, not to mention winning the slam dunk contest and Q-Richardson is going to get his shot back next season. I say we came this far with them, keep them. Q was starting to shoot better in the second half of the season and Nate is just too unique to let go. No telling what he can do as he matures. I wouldn't do it, not unless it is a super name we are trading for.

[Edited by - 4949 on 04-30-2006 5:04 PM]
I'll never trust this' team again.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/30/2006  5:14 PM
Posted by 4949:

Nate is just too unique to let go. No telling what he can do as he matures. I wouldn't do it, not unless it is a super name we are trading for.
Are you serious?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
DarkKnicks
Spain
4/30/2006  5:16 PM
Posted by 4949:

Nate was the leading scorer in three games this year. He can do all kinds of things for a first year rookie, not to mention winning the slam dunk contest and Q-Richardson is going to get his shot back next season. I say we came this far with them, Q was starting to shoot better in the second half of the season and Nate is just too unique to let go. No telling what he can do as he matures. I wouldn't do it, not unless it is a super name we are trading for.
Q 's last half of the season:
January-> 33/97 FG -> 34%
February-> 47/108 FG -> 43,5% His best month as a Knick, it looks like a decent player... it's a shame that we won 1 game in February.. he must be a cancer!!!
March-> 20/61 FG -> 32,7% and then he got injured

Maybe Q is gonna have his shot back, but he is one of the very main reasons we suck this year.

[Edited by - DarkKnicks on 04-30-2006 5:19 PM]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/30/2006  5:32 PM
I'm down for losing q-rich. Also looking on the bright side maggette would allow the knicks to sign woods and stay away from Al Harrington. One thing that maggette does at an alarming rate is get to the free throw line. Knicks need a wing player that can do what maggette does well.

Its just those damn injuries. Like I said. Resign woods and the knicks are ok.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SickKnick

4/30/2006  6:01 PM
Posted by 4949:

Nate was the leading scorer in three games this year, convincingly scoring 30 + twice and he's the smallest man in the league? He could do all kinds of things for a first year rookie, not to mention winning the slam dunk contest and Q-Richardson is going to get his shot back next season. I say we came this far with them, keep them. Q was starting to shoot better in the second half of the season and Nate is just too unique to let go. No telling what he can do as he matures. I wouldn't do it, not unless it is a super name we are trading for.

Nate's value will NEVER be higher. He came off of winning a slam dunk contest he shouldnt have won, and, just like you said, hes the smallest man in the league. Hes much too short to play the pos he is best suited for (SG), and his value will most likely diminish as the years go by. Move him now, and we also get to dump an enormous contract (Craw or QRich, take your pick), for a guy with All Star talent, whose contract makes him a good value.

[Edited by - sickknick on 04-30-2006 6:02 PM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/30/2006  6:46 PM
you guys have to take history into account before proposing trades like this. the clippers decided to PASS on matching qrich's offer sheet from denver b/c they had maggette. so bringing him back doesn't make much sense.

qrich will be tough to trade since his contract is uninsured.

maybe something like this could be worked out (but i highly doubt it):

jwill to atlanta
harrington to ny
qrich + tyronn lue to miami
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/30/2006  8:43 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by 4949:

Nate is just too unique to let go. No telling what he can do as he matures. I wouldn't do it, not unless it is a super name we are trading for.
Are you serious?

I actually agree with this.
¿ △ ?
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
4/30/2006  9:10 PM
Posted by simrud:

Magette is another guy who will fit right in.

Dumb, makes a lot of money (wasnt he signed recently?) is always hurt, and is a punk.

lmfao.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
USA
4/30/2006  11:31 PM
Posted by DarkKnicks:
Posted by 4949:

Nate was the leading scorer in three games this year. He can do all kinds of things for a first year rookie, not to mention winning the slam dunk contest and Q-Richardson is going to get his shot back next season. I say we came this far with them, Q was starting to shoot better in the second half of the season and Nate is just too unique to let go. No telling what he can do as he matures. I wouldn't do it, not unless it is a super name we are trading for.
February-> 47/108 FG -> 43,5% His best month as a Knick, it looks like a decent player... it's a shame that we won 1 game in February.. he must be a cancer!!!

Maybe Q is gonna have his shot back, but he is one of the very main reasons we suck this year.

Give it a break DarkKnicks. His brother was shot to death. Would you like someone saying you sucked, if it happened to you? And he did improve his confidence in the second half, when he was horrible in the first. I didn't say he was fantastic, he just looked better shooting.
USA
4/30/2006  11:33 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by 4949:

Are you serious?

Yeeeeeeeeeesss! I'm' serioius. Why?
USA
4/30/2006  11:36 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I'm down for losing q-rich. Also looking on the bright side maggette would allow the knicks to sign woods and stay away from Al Harrington. One thing that maggette does at an alarming rate is get to the free throw line. Knicks need a wing player that can do what maggette does well.

Its just those damn injuries. Like I said. Resign woods and the knicks are ok.

I'm against anyone who gets injured regularily and I certainly don't want Al Harrington on this team (we need a throw-up smiley face).
USA
4/30/2006  11:41 PM
Posted by SickKnick:
Posted by 4949:

Nate's value will NEVER be higher. He came off of winning a slam dunk contest he shouldnt have won, and, just like you said, hes the smallest man in the league. Hes much too short to play the pos he is best suited for (SG), and his value will most likely diminish as the years go by. Move him now, and we also get to dump an enormous contract (Craw or QRich, take your pick), for a guy with All Star talent, whose contract makes him a good value.

[Edited by - sickknick on 04-30-2006 6:02 PM]

LIke I said, only if we get a super hero and it ain't going to be Maggy! And the point about his height was meant to be seen as unique, because basically, he did a hell of a lot more than 'Jerome 7'-1", talk about huge contract James' did in the entire season. That's whats so unique about it. Can you find me a better small man? We got him!
DarkKnicks
Spain
5/1/2006  6:12 AM
Posted by 4949:
Posted by DarkKnicks:
Posted by 4949:

Give it a break DarkKnicks. His brother was shot to death. Would you like someone saying you sucked, if it happened to you? And he did improve his confidence in the second half, when he was horrible in the first. I didn't say he was fantastic, he just looked better shooting.
Hey, man, I'm really sorry for what happened to Q, but life must go on. His brother died in November, if he can't play at his best level 2 or 3 months after it, you can't make excuse for him, the same way we did not make them for Tim Thomas last year. He simply played terrible. For example, if he had retired after what happened to him I would not say a single bad word about him, but if he decides to play basketball he must do well, and that's all. BTW, I did not say he sucks.

MS
Member: #724
5/1/2006  9:04 AM
I'd give them Crawford and QRich in a heartbeat and then draft Kyle Lowery, we are trying to build a championship contender down the road and niether of them can help us.....

I would take Lowery over Crawford anyday of the week because he can play defense, rebound and do the little things, paired with Nate would really a nice defensive enery combo, we need to look to move Crawford, Q, Marbury and Francis in order to really start to get things in order
Maggette for Nate/QRich??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy