[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Remember why Jalen Rose and Steve Francis are here
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/30/2006  12:35 AM
Brown's players on the Knicks haven't been able to figure him out all season, and the one player who acted as somewhat of a liaison for him in the locker room, Antonio Davis, was dealt away at midseason. Brown had input into that trade, which brought Jalen Rose to the Knicks, just as he gave his blessing to the other midseason deal -- Trevor Ariza and Penny Hardaway to Orlando for Steve Francis.

The blame for the failure of Rose and Francis to be incorporated into any kind of a winning scheme rests with Brown, who utilized those two players in the same haphazard, mad professor-like manner in which he ran the team all season.

I talked to a lot of folks with the Knicks on Monday, trying to get their best reading on what's actually going on. They all gave basically the same answer: They weren't quite sure what Brown was thinking or plotting, and none of them were either discounting or putting too much credence into anything they were hearing.

Brown took credit for spurring the Francis deal..."I bugged Isiah when I saw [Francis'] name," Brown said.
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/62359.htm

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 04-30-2006 12:43 AM]
AUTOADVERT
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
4/30/2006  1:45 AM
i will be very surprise to see steph on this team next season and imho getting stevie franchise says it all.

and just for added conversation, larry brown's coaching agenda was able to single out marbury, pull a newspaper poll to show fan support that star is no longer wanted while brining in stevie franchise as to say, we have your replacement already....make your move star.

i hope im wrong, but zeke had to do something and hiring larry brown displaced any authority star thought he had while leaving new york with maximum trade options in the off season

i always thought the hiring of larry brown would nullify the bad trades zeke gets blamed for.....very interesting off season indeed
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/30/2006  11:44 AM
Brown must go.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/30/2006  11:48 AM
if brown requested jalen and francis - he's a douchebag and a perfect reason why he shouldn't be the coach AND the gm. there needs to be checks and balances for this to work. isiah should've said no.

a coach can request players left and right, but it still has to make sense, both on the court and financially. lb asking for francis is stupid. he's an idiot for asking. and isiah is an idiot for obliging. he should've said "sorry man, we ain't going after francis." asking for a guy like reggie evans, battier, etc...makes sense. so i understand isiah going after those guys if lb asks. but a guy like francis? isiah "just say no."

on a side note, would isiah just let that expiring deal expire?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/30/2006  11:53 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

if brown requested jalen and francis - he's a douchebag and a perfect reason why he shouldn't be the coach AND the gm. there needs to be checks and balances for this to work. isiah should've said no.

a coach can request players left and right, but it still has to make sense, both on the court and financially. lb asking for francis is stupid. he's an idiot for asking. and isiah is an idiot for obliging. he should've said "sorry man, we ain't going after francis." asking for a guy like reggie evans, battier, etc...makes sense. so i understand isiah going after those guys if lb asks. but a guy like francis? isiah "just say no."

^ killa, we gotta print out this post and frame it in gold.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/30/2006  12:14 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by djsunyc:

lol...martin can you verify the dj posting is real and not an imposter

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Killa4luv
USA
4/30/2006  12:42 PM
Posted by Bobby:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by djsunyc:

lol...martin can you verify the dj posting is real and not an imposter

ROFL!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/30/2006  1:53 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by djsunyc:

I'm telling you!!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

4/30/2006  4:38 PM
DJ.....welcome to the darkside
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/30/2006  4:52 PM
Francis might yet pan out. So can Rose. Its the overall situation thats busted. If you trade Marbury and Q in the offseason then this is gonna make some sense. If not, then I dunno.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Killa4luv
USA
5/1/2006  12:44 AM
Posted by simrud:

Francis might yet pan out. So can Rose. Its the overall situation thats busted. If you trade Marbury and Q in the offseason then this is gonna make some sense. If not, then I dunno.

Francis is a worse PG than Steph, in fact hes not really a pg at all. I hate his game, he is everything you guys hate Marbs for, except worse. He does bang it crazily and grab alot of boards for a guard tho. If this is the plan, it really sucks and I am scared. But yes Francis is a very talented player, and could add alot more than what he has.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 05-01-2006 12:44 AM]
Member: #1126
USA
5/1/2006  12:51 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

This team hasn't made financial sense in about seven years now.
I'll never trust this' team again.
Member: #1126
USA
5/1/2006  12:56 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by simrud:

Francis is a worse PG than Steph, in fact hes not really a pg at all. I hate his game, he is everything you guys hate Marbs for, except worse. He does bang it crazily and grab alot of boards for a guard tho. If this is the plan, it really sucks and I am scared. But yes Francis is a very talented player, and could add alot more than what he has.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 05-01-2006 12:44 AM]

I always felt having Starbury, Franchise & Jalen on the same team just wouldn't work. I want Starbury gone and if Steve was gone also, I wouldn't mind. I like Jalen as our guard, and of course I would want Zeke to look for a few good back ups, but the two other 'egos' just don't fit together. Steve has already demanded play me or trade me, so let's see were we can send him.
I'll never trust this' team again.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
5/1/2006  6:33 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Brown's players on the Knicks haven't been able to figure him out all season, and the one player who acted as somewhat of a liaison for him in the locker room, Antonio Davis, was dealt away at midseason. Brown had input into that trade, which brought Jalen Rose to the Knicks, just as he gave his blessing to the other midseason deal -- Trevor Ariza and Penny Hardaway to Orlando for Steve Francis.

The blame for the failure of Rose and Francis to be incorporated into any kind of a winning scheme rests with Brown, who utilized those two players in the same haphazard, mad professor-like manner in which he ran the team all season.

I talked to a lot of folks with the Knicks on Monday, trying to get their best reading on what's actually going on. They all gave basically the same answer: They weren't quite sure what Brown was thinking or plotting, and none of them were either discounting or putting too much credence into anything they were hearing.

Brown took credit for spurring the Francis deal..."I bugged Isiah when I saw [Francis'] name," Brown said.
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/62359.htm

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 04-30-2006 12:43 AM]

The bottomline is that these quotes clearly prove it is the fault of Isiah Thomas.
Killa4luv
USA
5/4/2006  9:50 AM
Read it and weep! Get it stuck in your brain, LB wanted Francis.

[Edited by - killa4luv on 05-04-2006 10:18 AM]
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2006  10:11 AM
this whole thing sucks.

So now we blame LB for wanting Francis? Thats just nuts. Thats why theres a coach and a GM. Its like a parent giving their kids candy everytime they ask for it because... well he asked for it.

LB's long well documented history is he bugs his GM every week for different players. We have a GM thats made bad trade after bad trade all by himself. Now he's got himself in such a mess he's going to do whatever LB tells him too?

This is the most backwards fubar organization in ALL of sports. Isiah is gutless and spineless and cant make trades. Can we just get a freakin GM in here thats got a clue? LB should shut up and coach. This mess, this ENTIRE mess is Isiah's fault, plain and simple. Of course Isiah is going to do whatever LB says. Its obvious IT has ZERO clue so this is a nice out for him after he gets fired.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/4/2006  10:59 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

weep fish...weep you dumb bastard.

killa, isiah should've said "NO".

fishmike
USA
5/4/2006  11:10 AM
the fact that he's here because of LB is somehow even MORE frightening than being here because of Zeke. Either ways its just damn scary
Killa4luv
USA
5/4/2006  11:16 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Killa4luv:

weep fish...weep you dumb bastard.

killa, isiah should've said "NO".
My point is this:
All along, Isiah said that he would get players in here that LB wanted. No one had a problem with that, ALL of you m'fers wanted that. NOW, that it has hppened and the **** aint working out, you all would like to conviniently forget that.

When reports surfaced about LB wanting Eric Snow, most here wanted him, yourself included. That means you wanted Isiah to get the players LB wanted. Now that we have one of the guys LB wanted, and LB used him in the same haphazard way he used everyone else, and he looks like he sucks, everyone is saying NOOOOOOO why is he here Isiah is so dumb. You can't have it both ways.
fishmike
USA
5/4/2006  11:24 AM
I never wanted Snow... maybe DJ did but he's not as smart as I am. I think of getting LB "type" players and I think of blue collar guys that play hard on both ends. Kenny Thomas, Battier, Reggie Evans, Jared Jefferies, Antonio Daniels, etc are the kinds of guys I'm thinking of. Antonio Davis, Ratliff and Snow are old those are the guys the GM has to just say no too.

Answer me this... if Herb is the coach does Isiah let these contracts expire? Cmon... these moves are 100% consistant with everything Isiah has done since he's been here.
Remember why Jalen Rose and Steve Francis are here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy