Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/30/2006  1:07 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Killa4luv:

Incidentally, now that K-Mart is showing that he is somewhat of a team cancer, doesn't that take away some of the weight of his comments about Marbury during his time there in NJ? Yes, it does.

killa you're a desperate man.

Here's what lost KMart any credibility a long time ago. When the Nets played LA in the finals, KMart sucked for 3 games. Disappeared. Then, after finally showing up for the last game, to the tune of I think 36 points, he goes off on a tirade agisnt KVH for failing to show the whole series. Blames the whole thing on Keith.

Real stand-up guy, KMart.

I'm not desperate, I am just raising what i thik are good points.

I guess the blaming Keith thing is something he learned from Steph. LOL! Alot of players must hate KVH tho, he costed Dallas a playoff game against Houston last year just because he was scared to touch the rock and passed the ball out of bounds to no one.

I remember that play. Avery had just taken Dampier out for him when Dampier had been on a rare dunk-fest. Bad move.

Keith looked like a meek rookie on that play. Dirk had a look on his face like, "I'm gonna kill Cuban for bringing this nimrod here!"
AUTOADVERT
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
4/30/2006  1:25 PM
Posted by tkf:

nuggets are overrated, they are getting ass whoped by a better team...

look whose talking

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
bigpimpin
Member: #801
USA
4/30/2006  1:26 PM
Do not be surprised if the Knicks manage to get Kenyon Martin.

Why should you be surprised? Nothing surprises me anymore. Not when it comes to the Knicks
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/30/2006  3:51 PM
You don't have to be a top 5 player to be worthy of a max contract. You just have to be a very good player (which Melo is and he will improve as he matures) and have to have a GM who knows how to get a decent supporting cast. If another team offers Melo a max contract (which will almost certainly happen), Denver would be insane not to match the offer. He needs some maturing but he has a fantastic basketball body. I'd say the only player in the league with the combination of more speed and strength is Lebron. (A lot of players have more of one of the two but not both.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04-30-2006 3:51 PM]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/30/2006  4:09 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

You don't have to be a top 5 player to be worthy of a max contract. You just have to be a very good player (which Melo is and he will improve as he matures) and have to have a GM who knows how to get a decent supporting cast. If another team offers Melo a max contract (which will almost certainly happen), Denver would be insane not to match the offer. He needs some maturing but he has a fantastic basketball body. I'd say the only player in the league with the combination of more speed and strength is Lebron. (A lot of players have more of one of the two but not both.)

^^AMare too. But I agree with the whole Max contract thing, thats not how it works in the NBA, and he will definitely be maxed, there is no question at all about that. Didn't Joe Johnson and Samuel Dalembert just get max money? The other aspect that folks rarely take into account is revenue generated. Melo is a star and is already ont the verge of superstar status. Jersey's and tickets will sell, and Melo's agent will make sure he is compensated for that as well, not just for his talent.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
4/30/2006  5:22 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Didn't Joe Johnson and Samuel Dalembert just get max money?
Allan Houston got a max contract too! Those are mistakes.
The other aspect that folks rarely take into account is revenue generated. Melo is a star and is already ont the verge of superstar status. Jersey's and tickets will sell, and Melo's agent will make sure he is compensated for that as well, not just for his talent.
Max contracts kill your cap space and most teams cannot afford to go too much over the cap because of the tax.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/30/2006  10:13 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Its called supply and demand.
ESPN does us dirty about Kenyon

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy