[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The BlueSeats Manuscript: Steph...a Cancer?
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

4/29/2006  10:43 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by holfresh:

How could you want a guy to show leadership when you are not showing it yourself...How can you want a guy to lead a team and have players follow when as a coach you do nothing but question his and others intellect in the press...Brown in essense was destroying the very thing he wanted from his top player...Then you blame Marbs for not being tough enough to withstand the constant barrage of criticism...

No two players on this team developed chemistry this year...Marbs and Craw developed a good chemistry the previous year...How is it possible that not two players played well together on this team..You can thank your head coach for juggling the lineups and playing people out of their positions and not having a lineup all damn season....Amazing, then you get up here trying to deflect blame someone else's way....Then I have to listen to track record....I'm not a Piston fan, I'm not a Philly fan, I'm not a Indiana fan, I'm not a Spur fan, I'm not a Net fan, I'm not a Clipper fan, I'm not a Jayhawk fan, etc...I'm a Knick fan and all I care about is what he does here...All his resume does for me is get him the job, now he has to perform...For 10 mil per year, you should be standing front and center taking all the heat...For 10 mil per year, you should be the first guy answering questions about what went wrong...He should never be the guy blaming the players or management for having a flawed roster...He should be the guy who can take any group of players and put them in a position of success...He didn't do it, he failed...He sucked really hard this year and tried to blame anyone within blame sticking distance and all the fans buy into this crap...Amazing...No more excuses for this guy please.....Really please...He is making an ungodly sum of money that he should be able to mold my pickup team into NBA threats....Come on, STOP THE EXCUSES!!!...
this is classic!!!

Great post. Notice how there wasn't a reponse to this...............This is a thread-closer......

[Edited by - bigbeast on 04-29-2006 10:44 AM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

4/29/2006  11:33 AM
Easy fellas. There was no response because my wife and kid came back from vacation.

I see nothing impressive about holfresh's post. What 'fresh is clever at is disregarding any of my points or answers to his questions and beginning a new rant in the middle of nowhere. It's simply another deflection away from Marbury's divisive role this year, as well as last year (worst nose dive in franchise history), as well as his similar effect on Phoenix and NJ before. But so long as Marbury supports have a finger, they'll point it at someone else.

I understand why 'fresh doesn't want to hear about records, because when you look at them you understand Browns record is of a great team motivator while Marbury's is of a great divider.

This from Colanglo before the Marbury trade:

"There's been something amiss all year, in my opinion," Suns owner Jerry Colangelo said. "The more I saw on the floor, the more I disliked what I saw as it related to body language, communication or lack of same."....
This year's season began with high expectations, but it was obvious that last year's chemistry had, for the most part, disappeared.

"Everybody's got to be in the trench together and it just didn't seem that way," Jerry Colangelo said. "That's not pointing fingers at anyone, but the bottom line was something's got to change."

Then a day or two after he's gone:

Like last night, we’re coming from the road trip and we’re on the plane, just sitting up with the coaches. Barbosa’s watching the game, talking with one coach about his play, then we had Shawn Marion’s up with another coach talking about his play, then we had Jake Voskuhl with another coach looking at his game. And Lampe’s up there just watching the whole scene. That didn’t happen before. There were a lot of expectations and things were going bad. It’s hard for a player to blame himself, so they were either blaming each other or us and it was a negative. Now that is lifted and people are stepping out and taking responsibility and they understand where we can go if we do it right.

And from the nets:

"The difference between last year and this year?" ponders an emotional Kenyon Martin, taking out his furiously repressed feelings on his sneaker laces in the near-deserted Nets locker room an hour before facing the Indiana Pacers. `This year we have guys who want to play. Last year we had some people in here who were too busy tapping themselves on the shoulder, telling themselves how great they were."

"Last year, we didn't play any defense," forward Aaron Williams, a 6'10" supersub, chimes in from the next stall. "On any NBA team, the leader sets the tone. And our leader didn't bother playing D most nights."

"He thought he was too good for that--then he'd blame everybody else, pointing fingers," Martin adds. "I'm not naming any names, you understand, but this was an unhappy, divided locker room last year. And the division was one guy on one side and everyone else on the other."

"Yes, we did have one guy in here last year who thought he was too good for everybody else on the team and didn't mind saying so," smiles GM Rod Thorn, still remaining strictly incognito about the "one guy's" identity. "And he was, too. Better than everyone else, that is. But it all didn't add up to much, did it?"

And from Isiah:

"it was like nobody could say if he was doing anything wrong. Teammates were afraid. So everybody kind of sniped behind his back, as opposed to trying to help him and teach him."

Thomas speculated that Marbury had tried to lead through intimidation. That certainly seemed to be the case in New Jersey, where Marbury publicly criticized Kerry Kittles and Keith Van Horn; and in Phoenix, where Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion reportedly grew weary of his demeanor.

And then we see this continue last year with Marbury disrespecting Wilkens, disrespecting practice, disrespecting defense... and the cycle just repeats itself ad naseum.

I understand some of your frustrations with Brown, I wont claim them irrelevant, I only know that elsewhere his players did not snap and break and were made better by him. I know guys like Iverson, Reggie, D-Rob, Billips, Antonio, etc credit him greatly for their careers, some consider him the best coach in the league, as do many GMs, as evidenced by the poll were he was voted the best coach in the league. But as we've learned, even with the best it can't work in the face of mutiny.

So I understand why supporters care little of history because Marbury's is damning while Browns is winning and it doesn't fit the bill they are selling.

McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
4/29/2006  11:45 AM
Jamal and Steph did not develop chemistry. holfresh you are mistaking 2 players having the green light to take whatever shot they want for ESP.

The Houston game is Exhibit A-F. That I believe is the number of times those 2 bumbling fools passed the ball back and forth to each other at the 3 line in a hot Potato manner as they totally FUBARed the deciding possession and got Lenny axed.

There were plenty other times when the game got tight and the facade of chemistry between the 2 revealed its hea as nothing more than 2 guards gunning like the Chalotte game where Jmal scored 41. Late in that game, those 2 fouled up possession after possession.

2 players with chemistry recognize where the double is and adjust. I've seen aquite a few endof game situations for the Pistons where Chauncey and Rip displayed true chemistry. Watching Rip read a defense and Chauncey read Rip is a thing of beauty.

Best example had to be Rip's game winner at Seattle this season where chauncey caught the ball at the top of the key, rip who was under the basket faked Chris and Ray inside and cut real quick back along the baseline. Chauncey had the ball out his hands to the spot just as Rip made the move. The catch and the shot came almost instantaneously - swish.

thats chemistry.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
McK1
4/29/2006  11:53 AM
consistently playing together on a level where you have to be a quick thinker and calculator is not the final answer when you have a bunch of guys that have no mind for the game
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/29/2006  11:54 AM
If the Knicks had any chemistry they would have had a better record, this year, last year and the year before. There was never chemistry on this team because Marbury hasn't had chemistry anywhere he plays because he's all about himself. "ALL ALONE"
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2006  11:56 AM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by holfresh:

How could you want a guy to show leadership when you are not showing it yourself...How can you want a guy to lead a team and have players follow when as a coach you do nothing but question his and others intellect in the press...Brown in essense was destroying the very thing he wanted from his top player...Then you blame Marbs for not being tough enough to withstand the constant barrage of criticism...

No two players on this team developed chemistry this year...Marbs and Craw developed a good chemistry the previous year...How is it possible that not two players played well together on this team..You can thank your head coach for juggling the lineups and playing people out of their positions and not having a lineup all damn season....Amazing, then you get up here trying to deflect blame someone else's way....Then I have to listen to track record....I'm not a Piston fan, I'm not a Philly fan, I'm not a Indiana fan, I'm not a Spur fan, I'm not a Net fan, I'm not a Clipper fan, I'm not a Jayhawk fan, etc...I'm a Knick fan and all I care about is what he does here...All his resume does for me is get him the job, now he has to perform...For 10 mil per year, you should be standing front and center taking all the heat...For 10 mil per year, you should be the first guy answering questions about what went wrong...He should never be the guy blaming the players or management for having a flawed roster...He should be the guy who can take any group of players and put them in a position of success...He didn't do it, he failed...He sucked really hard this year and tried to blame anyone within blame sticking distance and all the fans buy into this crap...Amazing...No more excuses for this guy please.....Really please...He is making an ungodly sum of money that he should be able to mold my pickup team into NBA threats....Come on, STOP THE EXCUSES!!!...
this is classic!!!

Great post. Notice how there wasn't a reponse to this...............This is a thread-closer......

[Edited by - bigbeast on 04-29-2006 10:44 AM]

THread closer cuz there is nothing to say. Its been said many times, defended to redundancy. Repsectfully for both sides.

11% are going to defend the position that Marbs should stay. The other 89% prefer we irradicate insurgent evil doers for the embetterment of knick-kind.
BlueSeats

4/29/2006  11:59 AM
BTW, I find it funny that threads on Marbury always turn into a referendum on Brown. The subject of posts that begin this thread precede Marbury coming to NY. Not one of them are about his time in NY, let alone this season. They are a look into why Marbury is considered "a tweener", "selfish", "cancer", etc, they are not about brown or this season.

The point being that I don't think one can begin to assess what occurred this season without an understanding of some of the protagonists involved. I think those posts more address last season, and our going from 16-13 into a 2-15 nosedive that began on the day Marbury proclaimed himself "the best". Then from there we can consider the fragile chemistry of the team that preceded Brown's arrival.
McK1
4/29/2006  12:13 PM
Steph's

"I'm not used to having somebody go at me and not go back at them"

and

"that was the hardest 10 assists of my life"

comments following the 8th game of working with Brown out in LA prety much sums up for me the level of Steph's commitment to the Brown way and the team in general.

the Lakers game was a well played hard fought game. All Steph could think about afterwards was ME.

[Edited by - McK1 on 04-29-2006 12:14 PM]
BlueSeats

4/29/2006  12:20 PM
I think it started in preseason when Steph said "I'm not going to change the way I play", and if he gets moved to SG "it will be scary because then I don't have to think about when I shoot".

Both instances suggest he is not open to learning. Not having to change, and not having to think, were NOT why Isiah brought in Brown.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/29/2006  12:25 PM
isiah thomas can not be happy with marbury. how could he be? isiah took marbury under his wing. lived vicariously through him. mentored him. and he gets into a public spat with lb. i think isiah has to be fed up with marbury's antics. i think regardless of who the coach is, marbury is probably gone.
BlueSeats

4/29/2006  12:30 PM
DJ, it's constantly said that Brown was too hard on Steph thru the media, but as far as I'm concerned none of it comes close to that said by Isiah:

"act like a man, your wife and kids are watching"

"In 5 years when Curry and Frye are 27 I don't know where Steph will be. I HOPE HE'll STILL BE PLAYING BASKETBALL"

Marbury's antics, like "I'm the best", "coach seems insecure", "I'm Starbury", "I don't care what he thinks", etc, have brought incredible shame to Isiah and the organization. I agree, even if Brown were to get fired or walk I can't imagine they'd want Steph around much longer. He brings a dark cloud with him wherever he goes.

[Edited by - BlueSeats on 04-29-2006 12:33 PM]
McK1
4/29/2006  12:31 PM
Brown's response - a classic example of sarcasm wit and hammer dropping rolled in 1:

you shoot 2 for 9 in a game we lost by 5, you make 3 more baskets and we win.

[Edited by - McK1 on 04-29-2006 12:32 PM]
BlueSeats

4/29/2006  12:34 PM
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/29/2006  12:35 PM
This is pathetic. I'm so sick of the players in the NBA and I'm so sick that I have to keep hearing about one of them on the Knicks. These players come into the league, they think they can say what they want, do what they want and play how they want and listen to no one and have no repercussions for their actions. It's one thing to do these things and have the ability to backup your statements but players like Marbury have NO credibility. Players like Stephon Marbury are the reason the NBA has become nothing more then a glorified AND1 mixtape league where making a nice pass is more important to a player than making the RIGHT pass. Players like Stephon Marbury have made this league into nothing more then a "I'll get mine then the rest of the guys can get theirs after" type of league.

This is pathetic, we have people on this board that are so blind to what basketball has become and they root for guys like Marbury because he's flashy. Whatever happened to rooting for guys that do the little things to make your team win, whatever happened to players playing in this league and knowing how to make a jumpshot and then hustling back to play defense? Stephon Marbury does nothing to help his team win. He doesn't play a iota of defense, he doesn't make players around him better and he certainly doesn't do the little things to help your team win which is something every PG in the NBA should do because they are out there to make sure things run smooth, not to be out there to make sure things run through them. And of course the Marbury backers will read this post and say how I'm stupid and I'm a Brown-Lover when in fact I haven't even mentioned Brown until now. This has nothing to do with the coach. If the coach was Mickey Mouse, it'd be the same thing. Stephon doesn't want to do what will make his teams better because if he did, it would mean that his stats take a huge hit. I've seen Marbury do this for 3 coaches on the Knicks and for the other 6 coaches he's played for in the NBA. He's a career loser and a career prima-dona. This will NEVER EVER change.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
4/29/2006  12:43 PM
Hey Blue...Don't OVERestimate the power and distractive capabilities of marbury on this team...it's getting kind of conspiracy.I.have.nothing.more.to.say.but.i.hate.marbury.esque
Posted by BlueSeats:

Don't underestimate the power and distractive capabilities of marbury on this team.

all kool aid all the time.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
4/29/2006  12:48 PM
BRAVO!!!!!
Posted by holfresh:

all kool aid all the time.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/29/2006  2:11 PM
I think Marbury said something during this eason that most refuse to undetsand or accpet,

WE ARE A BAD TEAM!
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
bigbeast

4/29/2006  2:20 PM
The whole olympic team hated him (save for a few players.) And you can scream till the cows come home that the olympic team players are pampered premadonna's and they should have listened to Brown. Maybe. But the reality of it all is that these pampered, selfish athletes make-up about 75% of the league. So before you hand in your resume, you need to do a background check.

Its no coincidence that despite Browns winning reputation, The owners and Gm's of the teams he's worked for couldn't wait to usher him out of town. Its no coincidence that everywhere he leaves, stories of him backstabbing his players are spreading like slow-leaks from the mouths of snitches in the projects.

As Pharzeone stated, all these reports about him wanting to get rid of Billups are bubbling to the surface. Tha same with AI. But if you put a Mic in front of Brown today, he'll tell you how much he loved them players despite his numerous attempts to rid his team of those very same players yesterday.

I don't care if your name is John Wooden, its kind of hard for any player to want to run through a brick-wall for you when the words you broadcast before a mic for millions to hear and the words that millions of wide-eyes read in between the sheets of black and white newspapers, show no confidence in you, say that your not his type of player, imply that you need to be traded pronto, say that you don't have much of a BB IQ, and that your not very good (which is a great endorsement for other teams to ante up there best players for you by the way...lol)

bigbeast

4/29/2006  2:22 PM

By Mike Vaccaro

"Mostly, he needs to understand, finally, at age 65 (going on 66) that the business he has chosen is coaching professional basketball, and professional ballplayers, and professional egos. For years Brown has ruminated about how nice it would be to coach high school ball somewhere, where he could be a teacher, where he could mold young basketball hearts and sculpt young basketball souls.

You know what? He's more than welcome to do that tomorrow, if he'd like, if he doesn't mind forfeiting the remaining $40 million the Knicks owe him, if he doesn't mind teaching and molding for a $7,000 stipend somewhere, in between teaching health and phys ed. If he wants to find that basketball paradise of his tortured dreams, if he wants to be Gene Hackman in "Hoosiers," then do it. If not, if he wants to be the head coach of the New York Knicks, then he should quit the ancillary agendas and coach the damn team. No more hand-wringing. No more feuds with the star, whomever that star happens to be.

"I'm better for this experience," Larry Brown said yesterday.

It's impossible to think that he truly believes that, because nothing about Larry Brown is better today than it was on July 27, not his health, not his winning percentage, not his perception as a basketball impresario, certainly not his reputation."

This pretty much sums up how feel about Brown. He needs learn how to adjust to what he has and not throw a hissy-fit because he doesn't have his so called players.

BTW, is there really an LB player out there? I keep hearing he wants Ratliff. Really? He sure didnt want him when Philly made there finals run.

Mike James is his type of player now? Thats interesting because he ran him out of Detroit when he had him.

Speedy hardly ever left the bench in Philly.
Oh...wait...I think I got it....LB's players are the ones on the opposing teams. Ever hear him wax poetic about the other teams guys when we lose? So now I see why Lb loves Ratliff and James again. They aren't on his team. Put knick uni's on those guys this summer, he'll be trying them to trade them back for Marbury by the allstar break.

bigbeast

4/29/2006  2:31 PM
BTW.........Just because I'm no fan of uncle-junior (I mean Brown) and his tactics, doesn't mean I'm the president of the Marbury coalition. I'm not a big fan of his either. In fact, I was hoping the Knicks would pursue a trade for Marbury as far back as November.

It just bothers me when you guys continuosly throw darts at Marb and refuse to attempt to pierce Browns Teflon outfit you guys have fitted on him.
The BlueSeats Manuscript: Steph...a Cancer?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy