[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The BlueSeats Manuscript: Steph...a Cancer?
Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/28/2006  5:02 PM
Posted by holfresh:

It's funny that Matrix is complaining about Marbs because the last time Matrix made the All Star team was with Marbs' help...The numbers seems the same when playing with both but I guess he's bitching because he had to work harder for his shot...Looking at both teams, that seems more to do with offensive schemes than anything else but there is no doubt that Nash is a better passer than Marbs...

Marion made the all-star team both this year and last year and in 2003.

from basketball-reference.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mariosh01.html

All-Star Games

Year Tm Lg MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
+-------------+----+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
2003 West NBA 23 4 9 0 1 0 0 5 2 7 4 3 1 0 1 8
2005 West NBA 16 5 7 0 0 0 1 3 0 3 4 0 0 1 0 10
2006 West NBA 17 5 9 0 0 4 7 4 4 8 0 1 1 0 1 14
+-------------+----+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
3 Games 56 14 25 0 1 4 8 12 6 18 8 4 2 1 2 32

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/28/2006  5:05 PM
same could be said his first half season with the knicks, where he asked to be named captain of the team...but eventually, the "new car smell" fades away.
Further proof of Marbury’s new-found leadership was evident when he spoke on behalf of the team to coach Johnson, suggesting that the Suns should rely less on the team’s new “motion” offense in favor of a more structured offense.

coach...we need to play pick and roll b/c, ummm, i like to play pick and roll. starbury needs his #'s.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 04-28-2006 5:06 PM]
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/28/2006  5:12 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

same could be said his first half season with the knicks, where he asked to be named captain of the team...but eventually, the "new car smell" fades away.
Further proof of Marbury’s new-found leadership was evident when he spoke on behalf of the team to coach Johnson, suggesting that the Suns should rely less on the team’s new “motion” offense in favor of a more structured offense.

coach...we need to play pick and roll b/c, ummm, i like to play pick and roll. starbury needs his #'s.

Well, what was the result team wise...Did the team improve after Marbs suggestion or not?...Did they win more games...or maybe thats not important, a players just needs to shut up and loses game because the coaches plan isn't working...Hmmm that sounds a little familiar..

holfresh

4/28/2006  5:13 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by holfresh:

It's funny that Matrix is complaining about Marbs because the last time Matrix made the All Star team was with Marbs' help...The numbers seems the same when playing with both but I guess he's bitching because he had to work harder for his shot...Looking at both teams, that seems more to do with offensive schemes than anything else but there is no doubt that Nash is a better passer than Marbs...

Marion made the all-star team both this year and last year and in 2003.

from basketball-reference.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mariosh01.html

All-Star Games

Year Tm Lg MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
2003 West NBA 23 4 9 0 1 0 0 5 2 7 4 3 1 0 1 8
2005 West NBA 16 5 7 0 0 0 1 3 0 3 4 0 0 1 0 10
2006 West NBA 17 5 9 0 0 4 7 4 4 8 0 1 1 0 1 14
3 Games 56 14 25 0 1 4 8 12 6 18 8 4 2 1 2 32

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 04-28-2006 5:03 PM]

Thaks for that...I was away and jut got back and saw this post and just got heated, started ranting before checking the stats...

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/28/2006  5:16 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

funny that he was asking for a more structured offense in Phoenix... under LB he wants more freedom to score... seems like it's always the system that's holding Marbury back, huh?... too bad for him basketball is a TEAM sport... therefore, you need to play within a set system in order to succeed.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
holfresh

4/28/2006  5:22 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by djsunyc:

funny that he was asking for a more structured offense in Phoenix... under LB he wants more freedom to score... seems like it's always the system that's holding Marbury back, huh?... too bad for him basketball is a TEAM sport... therefore, you need to play within a set system in order to succeed.

When has Marbs not played a team game this year...When....If that season was lost in PHX, who do you think they would have blamed...Marbs...Clearly, the offense the coach implemented was not working for that team...Marbs suggestion worked better for the team and it did revolved around a team game...Obviously Brown approach didn't work this year, but here you guys are blaming Marbs again, What a surprise!!!!

Bippity10
Member: #574
4/28/2006  5:27 PM
holfresh needs a copy of the Orlando game.

I'm not blaming Marbs for the season. I have supported the guy all year. I'm also not going to make excuses for his obvious flaws. That's why his flaws have been here for so long because everyone has made excuses for him. Time is quickly running out on the guy. He has a hall of fame coach and a hall of fame former player as a GM. The time is now for Stephon to stop the obvious nonsense that some seem to pretend doesn't exist.

I am with you holfresh in that I think we can win with this guy. But he has to change for that to happen. If he doesn't change, he has to go!!!!!!! Marbury can stay. I love Marbs. But if Starbury shows up in camp he needs to be cut. If he is blessed to be on this roster next year he has no choice but to toe the line. I don't care if he disagrees with everything LB says. Nobody gives a flying F what he agrees with. Show up for work. Do what the coach says. Play your asse off and everyone loves you. REbel, give yourself nicknames and complain about systems for some otehr team.

There is no defending that.
I just hope that people will like me
Bippity10
Member: #574
4/28/2006  5:30 PM
In summary: Everyone here can happily lives with his flaws. Just like we did with Charlie Ward. But he has to stop making excuses, shut up and be a good soldier just like Charlie. With his skillset if he did that he would be a legend in this town and his number would be retired despite the record.. Unfortunately he refuses to.

On a side note: isn't funny how Marbs said we could never make a final with CWard as our PG. Yet we made a final with CWard as our PG and had our worst record in a long time with Marbs here. What's the definition of irony.
I just hope that people will like me
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/28/2006  5:58 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

holfresh needs a copy of the Orlando game.

I'm not blaming Marbs for the season. I have supported the guy all year. I'm also not going to make excuses for his obvious flaws. That's why his flaws have been here for so long because everyone has made excuses for him. Time is quickly running out on the guy. He has a hall of fame coach and a hall of fame former player as a GM. The time is now for Stephon to stop the obvious nonsense that some seem to pretend doesn't exist.

I am with you holfresh in that I think we can win with this guy. But he has to change for that to happen. If he doesn't change, he has to go!!!!!!! Marbury can stay. I love Marbs. But if Starbury shows up in camp he needs to be cut. If he is blessed to be on this roster next year he has no choice but to toe the line. I don't care if he disagrees with everything LB says. Nobody gives a flying F what he agrees with. Show up for work. Do what the coach says. Play your asse off and everyone loves you. REbel, give yourself nicknames and complain about systems for some otehr team.

There is no defending that.

I more or less agree wit this, and indeed you have been with him all season in a very objective way, except towards the very end of the season. Do everything LB's way 1000% and if it doesn't work at the end of the season demand a trade and air out everything. If it does work, the hometown glory will his to bask in forever.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/28/2006  6:00 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

LOL! Even as I hate you you make me laugh!! "starbury needs his numbers". LOL!!

Next season I want LB to say, "Starbury". I will freaking fall out if we do well enough for him to say Starbury! ROFL!

LB: Starbury played very well, he shared the ball, and played solid defense.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
4/28/2006  6:35 PM
Posted by BlueSeats:

I find it interesting that this thread has drifted into a larry brown referendum. Of all the quotes that begin this post none of them are from or about Larry Brown.

Steph has had 10 coaches and I'd be surprised if they weren't ALL in agreement that he undermines team morale.

Because Marbury & Brown are our 1 and our 0, our yin and our yang.
https:// It's not so hard.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

4/28/2006  6:47 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Next season I want LB to say, "Starbury". I will freaking fall out if we do well enough for him to say Starbury! ROFL!

LB: Starbury played very well, he shared the ball, and played solid defense.

You know what though, when Steph made his "Starbury" comments Larry said "I want him to play like Starbury". Larry wants him to have his head in the game and pep in his steph being aggressive. The problem is that when Larry asks for good shots and to run plays and stick to the structure of the offense Steph takes it as an affront to his power, or certainly to his sensibilities.

Some guys can play aggressively whether they score or not, but Steph has trouble with that. Perhaps it's an unfair example, but Kidd can dominate a game while scoring zero points.

Steph's challenge is and has always been to keep his head in the game even when he's not taking over. That's the only time I really see him engaged and turned on, when we're down and he runs 5 out of 8 plays for himself to get us back in.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/28/2006  7:22 PM
I think this season revealed the deep cracks in the veneer of our vaunted trio of leaders - Marbs, LB and Isiah.

Marbs - the guy CANNOT lighten up and go with the flow when he's not getting his way. It's time for Scowlbury, allalonebury, nipplebury, what-the-F-everbury. Guy has no resilience when things aren't going his way - time to pout and pull some power maneuvers.

LB - guy always has to be right. One and only holder of the knowledge. Whomsoever shalt deign to doubt his f'g holiness shalt find himself thrown under the holy bus. Immediate-f'g-ly.

Isiah - Man never confronted a situation in his life he couldn't handle by making an impulsive unthought out instant reaction to which he'll then rationalize the hell out of when it invevitably falls apart on him.

God bless us each and every one - we are truly f'd with this trio of dickheads leading the way.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/28/2006  7:33 PM
^ Marv, tough week?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/28/2006  7:35 PM
The toughest!

I'm dealing with it by letting my inner pissed-off Knick fan have free range.

Seat belt time!
holfresh

4/28/2006  7:39 PM

What I don't understand is this...Steph was playing well just before he got hurt...Everyone thought that he bought into Larry plan and everyone was happy...He got hurt fighting through a pick....He tried playing hurt to help the team but he couldn't play through the pain...One injury led to another and his year was finished...Tell me one thing....What happened between the time he got hurt on the and now to make you guys think he wasn't doing his best to make this work with Larry...Other than the fact of him responding to Larry's comments...What are you guys seeing on the court that I'm not seeing??

holfresh

4/28/2006  7:48 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

In summary: Everyone here can happily lives with his flaws. Just like we did with Charlie Ward. But he has to stop making excuses, shut up and be a good soldier just like Charlie. With his skillset if he did that he would be a legend in this town and his number would be retired despite the record.. Unfortunately he refuses to.

On a side note: isn't funny how Marbs said we could never make a final with CWard as our PG. Yet we made a final with CWard as our PG and had our worst record in a long time with Marbs here. What's the definition of irony.

Everyone has flaws...Nash has flaws, Kidd has flaws, Marbs is still one of the top players in the sport at him position...Im not sure what you point is...I could find about 10 things to blame this season on before I get to Marbs but the Larry Brown apologist here has to point their fingers at everyone other than the guy responsible for wins and losses...

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/28/2006  7:57 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Thaks for that...I was away and jut got back and saw this post and just got heated, started ranting before checking the stats...

Haha its cool man. I didn't want to be a dick but I felt that was a huge mistake. The Knicks have made us ALL heated. Whether your pro-brown, pro-marbury, pro-BigSnacks or pro-Marv.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
holfresh

4/28/2006  10:32 PM

One more point, it's funny how everyone like to bury Marbs saying after he leaves a team improves...No one ever mentions that he Suns improve after aquiring Marbury...He added victories and took them to the playoffs..Played the Spurs a tough six game series to the the organization hope and a positive outlook on their future...Everyone is so drunk with hate that they can't see the positive contribution the guy has made in his career....

[Edited by - holfresh on 04-28-2006 10:32 PM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/28/2006  10:37 PM
Posted by holfresh:

One more point, it's funny how everyone like to bury Marbs saying after he leaves a team improves...No one ever mentions that he Suns improve after aquiring Marbury...He added victories and took them to the playoffs..Played the Spurs a tough six game series to the the organization hope and a positive outlook on their future...Everyone is so drunk with hate that they can't see the positive contribution the guy has made in his career....

suns 99/00 - 53-29
suns 00/01 - 51-31
suns 01/02 - 36-46

i'll give you 3 guesses which year was steph's first year with the suns.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 04-28-2006 10:38 PM]
The BlueSeats Manuscript: Steph...a Cancer?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy