[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Better to STAY PUT than PAY THOSE PRICES
Author Thread
vysions
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #39
USA
8/25/2001  7:57 PM
Goodness I saw the prices for VIN THE MAN and Oysterman and such. Goodness again.
No one in the world is worth that much money for being dead weight. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THESE OVERPAID BLOATED CONTRACTS.
No wonder these guys are on the Western Conference Trading block. If these guys can be moved, then Ward is a walk in the park.
Would rather see us put Ward on IR for his knees than take on any of these high priced dodo birds. Even Dale Davis. Did anyone see what that guy is making for limited playing.
Goodness .... that guy should shut up and sit down without complaint.
Someone will get cut from a team after the training camps pick up someone or KEEP SPENCER and cut Terrible Knight.
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
8/26/2001  8:58 AM
Davis got a paycheck for all his services and definitely went to Portland to get his money. Davis would be a very serviceable player but indeed I don't think we need another good roleplayer. On the other hand I would trade for Baker if it meant getting rid of Ward, Knight, Weis and someone other to make the trade work(othella?). Baker has almost the same salary LJ makes but Baker could work. He is a talented mofo who has personality/weight problems. We've taken problems before and made them work right? Spree and Camby both had issues surrounding them when they became a Knick and it has worked out. I'd trade for Baker but only if it meant cleaning out our roster and keeping Spree, Houston, Camby, Eisley, Anderson, Thomas and Postell. I'd like to keep Othella too but would rather get Baker.

If Houston or Spree(sniff sniff) were to be traded between dec-february it should be for an allstar caliber PG or SF.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/26/2001  12:15 PM
Unlike you, i would not trade Harrington and extras for Baker. I really like Harrington and he's younger, more coachable, and is a class act. You always need a guy like him who comes out and does his job the right way. I would trade Ward, Weis, Knight or whatever else to get Baker, but thats as high as i would go.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
8/26/2001  12:42 PM
I'd like to keep Othella too, but Baker is taller and could be a starting center. I'm considering every option which might put Camby at the PF spot. The spot where he's supposed to be in my opinion. He'd last longer I think.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/26/2001  9:43 PM
Baker isn't a center and doesn't want to be one. He showed that after a bad season where he had to play it in seattle. He has the size, but is soft and plays more of a finese game. Camby is what we have at center and will probably stay at center for the most part of his career. He is now 6-11, 245lbs and is finally build like a center. I like camby at center and think he is top 5 at the center position no doubt.
Better to STAY PUT than PAY THOSE PRICES

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy