[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

any new rumors today?
Author Thread
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
8/25/2001  4:09 PM
or same ole Greg Ostertag type scenarios?

Is it still possible to get Marc Jackson from Golden St.? Whats the latest on him and where he is headed?
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/26/2001  12:13 PM
I actually heard about a Charlie Ward for Erick Dampier trade which isn't the greatest, but wouldn't be too bad. GS likes how he's developed this summer, but has Jackson, Foyle, and Blount and Dampier looks like odd man out. He has lost his BYC status and Ward-for-Dampier supposibly works straight up. It may be a decent trade for us to consider.
Fordy74
USA
8/26/2001  8:29 PM
I would do that in a heartbeat. Dampier would at least give us a legitamate center that we dont have. Dampier has been hurt aot and hasnt reached his potential. I like Ward but we got Eisley and Jax so it would be a good idea to pick up a center with a spare PG.
Knixkik
USA
8/27/2001  11:00 AM
These aren't rumors, but just some interesting perspective on Glen Rice, Shandon Anderson, Howard Eisley, and more. (Towards the bottom)

The Knicks finally found someone to take on Glen Rice, who clearly was a square person in a round Madison Square Garden world. He didn't fit the Knicks' defensive persona - which makes you wonder why they got him in the first place - and it can be hard for a player to adapt to a subordinate situation when he clearly feels he has much more to offer (see: Dominique Wilkins, the Boston year). Shandon Anderson is much more in tune with the way the Knicks play, but he's also going to have to get used to coming off the bench, and he was not happy about being the third (or fourth) wheel in Houston. (His new contract will help him cope, we suspect.) But Anderson is a slasher like Latrell Sprewell, and Howard Eisley, while competent, brings to three the number of point guards who feel they should be playing regularly.

Link: http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/238/sports/Unemployment_line_is_still_rather_lengthy+.shtml
Knixkik
USA
8/28/2001  10:43 AM
BasketballSource.com is reporting a possible deal that would send Allan Houston, Marcus Camby, and Charlie Ward to Charlotte in exchange for Jamal Mashburn, Baron Davis, and Derrick Coleman.

Sounds like too much of a pipedream to actually happen, but it's something to think about. Would you do it?

Link: http://geocities.com/basketballsource2000/traderuomors.html
Fordy74
USA
8/28/2001  12:53 PM
PG Baron Davis
sg Sprewell
sf Mashburn
pf Spoon
c K. Thomas/Harrington.

bench:
Eisley
Anderson
L.J
Dampier/Marc Jackson, Jahidi White????????????
Wright

im drooling over that starting lineup. just wish we had a little better size to go along with Davis/Spree/Mash but what a trio that would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knixkik
USA
8/28/2001  1:21 PM
I'm not sure how much i like it mainly because we get smaller and don't solve any of our problems. Yes we do get younger and maybe a little more talented, but loosing Camby is bad. If we could also find a way to get Campbell in the deal i would do it in a second, but i'm hesitant with this deal as is. Doesn't matter anyways because this trade seems too unrealistic to be true.
vysions
Member: #39
USA
8/28/2001  4:00 PM
I agree ... the one basic problem here is we get even shorter than we are now. There is no way we do this trade. I HOPE. I would like to see Spree/Davis/Mash on the same team but we may have to wait for an All Star game to see it. We need SIZE. I fail to see what this trade does for the SIZE problem and besides this trade is silly as it cannot happen till December or so...buy then most will have forgotten about it.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/28/2001  4:25 PM
Boy, you sure can tell its in the really slow part of the offseason when we are even discussing these silly trades. How many days until tipoff?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/28/2001  4:30 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

BasketballSource.com is reporting a possible deal that would send Allan Houston, Marcus Camby, and Charlie Ward to Charlotte in exchange for Jamal Mashburn, Baron Davis, and Derrick Coleman.

Sounds like too much of a pipedream to actually happen, but it's something to think about. Would you do it?

Link: http://geocities.com/basketballsource2000/traderuomors.html
I'd trade this way with charlotte:

Allan Houston
Charlie Ward
Howard Eisley
Travis Knight
Othella Harrington

for

Baron Davis
Mashburn
Dreg Coleman

salaries probably match but would have to be done in december or so.
Andrew
USA
8/28/2001  4:39 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Remember, any trade involving Allan Houston before next year will have to involve a team with salary cap room because of his BYC status. Most likely Allan will be here for the full season.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
VG
Member: #68
Australia
8/29/2001  1:52 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Caseloads:

Remember, any trade involving Allan Houston before next year will have to involve a team with salary cap room because of his BYC status. Most likely Allan will be here for the full season.

Can you explain to me how the BYC work?? I've always wondered what it is/does.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
8/29/2001  7:06 AM
Salary info to be found here..

http://www.members.home.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

#66 oughtta answer the BYC question
Knixkik
USA
8/29/2001  10:38 AM
It's very hard to deal for BYC players and thats probably why a Foyle or Dampier deal hasn't been done yet.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
8/29/2001  11:05 AM
Well if RealGM is correct Dampier and Baker are off the BYC now.

Foyle is still on the BYC2..
Knixkik
USA
8/29/2001  1:33 PM
Yeah i knew Baker's BYC was over and Dampier's was supposed to be over soon. If Dampier's is officially over then expect new york to make another move for him once the talks of the 4-team deal clears up.
Andrew
USA
8/29/2001  2:34 PM
The latest on Shammond from Insider....not that it really matters much any more.

When the Sonics say they are going retro, they mean it. Shammond Williams said he wanted to remain a SuperSonic. He waited most of the summer while Seattle prepared for the draft, then pursued Calvin Booth. When it came time to get his, he didn't.

Two league sources told ESPN Insider Tuesday night that Williams has rejected the Sonics' multi-year contract starting at $1.7 million a year. According to the source, Williams is looking for a deal starting at around $3 million.

Williams is considered by most to be, along with the Rockets' Moochie Norris, one of the top remaining free agents. According to the source, Williams hasn't seriously entertained other offers, though Boston and Toronto have shown interest.

The question is, is there a team willing to spend more money, especially for an undersized shooting guard? Williams can be a scoring machine, but he's really a two guard in a point guard's body. So far there has been an unwillingness by any team except the Mavs, Blazers and Knicks to spend its way into luxury tax country. Williams' demand of $3 million per season could be too rich for just about every team that has any exception money left.

If Williams does defect, it could leave Seattle in a pickle. With the Sonics already taking offers for Gary Payton, their point-guard situation could become more precarious. Rookie Earl Watson is the only other point guard on the roster at the moment.

The standoff with Williams has prompted the Sonics to dip their foot into the free-agent market, but there isn't much there. Norris is asking for more than Williams. Troy Hudson is still available, as is Grizzlies free-agent Damon Jones. After that, the pickings are very, very slim.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/30/2001  12:52 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

I'm not sure how much i like it mainly because we get smaller and don't solve any of our problems. Yes we do get younger and maybe a little more talented, but loosing Camby is bad. If we could also find a way to get Campbell in the deal i would do it in a second, but i'm hesitant with this deal as is. Doesn't matter anyways because this trade seems too unrealistic to be true.

Odd trade for charlotte because why would they want to trad Davis especially since great PG's are at a premium. As far as getting younger it is almost a wash, Houston and Mash are about the same age and Camby is just a few years older than Baron, then we take on Colemans sorry ass,.. I like Davis a lot, but giving up camby may be something we regret....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
any new rumors today?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy