[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ballhandling and passing
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/26/2002  10:25 AM
even though i was firmly against the jackson for childs trade[that is long since gone anyway] there still remains a fact that we lost our primary ball handler and passer who had a very good 4-1 assist to turnover ratio. Who is going to handle the rock as effeciently as that? Spree Dice and Houston are poor ballhandlers and passers. I don't think we can rely on our rookie shoot first point guard who had a high TO rate in college. It's very nice to say we are going to have a fat breaking passing team with no quality ball handlers and passers. While Jackson's defense wont be missed the Knicks will feel the loss of an offensive orchestrator. And while many people have has said size size size we really are going into the season with a huge question mark on the teams ballhandiing and passing ability--a HUGE potential problem.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
8/26/2002  10:55 AM
Jax was killing our offensive game. He doesnt penetrate in the lane and dish off for easy buckets. He is probably still the best straight passing assistmen in the game but we needed more. Jax couldnt lead this team into the playoffs. Jax is a great PG teacher. Chicago should have grabbed him to teach Jay Williams.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
BRIGGS
8/26/2002  11:07 AM
I don't really understand your post. I asked who are our primary ballhandlers going to be and how are we going to make up for a floor leader who averaged a 4-1 assist to TO ratio. yes he was a poor defender and he was not able to get into the lane as much as needed but he is an excellent paser he knows the game he knows when to throw a pass exactly where to put the pass and he runs the team with his style of play. Right now we have no one that i can see who will come close to Jackson offensive effeciencies --i don't see this club as a good passing team--who are the good passers and ball handlers??? on a team that wants to fastbreak and use a passing system. we dont have one position on the whole team that we can say we are going to get some quality ballhandling and passing from.
RIP Crushalot😞
knixphan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #258
Switzerland
8/26/2002  11:11 AM
I'm not sure Charlie and Howard suck as ballhandlers, It's the whole defense thing is my concern, getting blown away by opposing pg's...
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
BRIGGS
8/26/2002  11:39 AM
I'd have to imagine CW has lost two steps himself over the years although he has the savvy and toughness to make up for that to a degree. Still the main theme of a point guard is how he sets up and runs the offense. It will be especially hard given the fcat we are changing into a fast break passing system. I can see a club that has good passing from both fromt and back court like the Kings running such a system. Vlade and Webber are fantastic passers and they can run stuff from all over the floor. We don't have that luxury from any position and we lack the team speed and shot blocking necessary to set up the fast break. For the faults Jackson had he was effecient in running the offense and was one of the best passers and ballhandlers in the entire NBA. To say jackson's effeciency on the offense to pass the ball to Thomas Spree and Houston in position to shoot was surely a catalyst in early double digit leads. We just really lacked the back up playmaker and wing who could socre.

the only way I see this club winning is to keep Thomas and Mcdyess on the floor at the same time with Houston and sprewell for 40 MTS every night and hope we can get some playmaking by a committee of what 15mm dollars worth of PG. I don't think it's a reality but thats how we can win.
RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/26/2002  1:43 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

even though i was firmly against the jackson for childs trade[that is long since gone anyway] there still remains a fact that we lost our primary ball handler and passer who had a very good 4-1 assist to turnover ratio. Who is going to handle the rock as effeciently as that? Spree Dice and Houston are poor ballhandlers and passers. I don't think we can rely on our rookie shoot first point guard who had a high TO rate in college. It's very nice to say we are going to have a fat breaking passing team with no quality ball handlers and passers. While Jackson's defense wont be missed the Knicks will feel the loss of an offensive orchestrator. And while many people have has said size size size we really are going into the season with a huge question mark on the teams ballhandiing and passing ability--a HUGE potential problem.

Ward is a good player a player I thought was better than Jackson. I have never been a fan of Mark Jackson even from his beginning days. I saw him play for St. Johns and came away thinking this guy has good passing skills but slow as a sloth. Ward is just as good as Jackson, plays good defense and quicker than Jackson. Jackson is your man if you want slow down grind it out type game, but even the slow down grind it out game was to fast for him. Getting rid of Jackson was the best move the Knicks could have made and bringing him back was the worst move they could have made. Its all good again. I'll take my chances with Ward and the Rookie over Jackson any day.
ballhandling and passing

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy