[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks best lineup
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

3/21/2006  11:14 PM
Maybe not necessarily to start the game but the line-up I'd like to see play together the most every game especially down the stretch:

(5) Channing Frye - Played great tonight before he got hurt. Blocked a few shots and challenged many more, played pretty solid defense, pursued rebounds like he really wanted it, scored in a variety of ways, stayed active. Fuck Eddy Curry man. Curry has no idea how to play basketball, bottom line. I'm so sick and tired of that stiff's act. Eddy Curry makes the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over... I wanna see Frye more at the 5. Lets hope the knee isn't too serious.

(4) David Lee - Played absolutely tremendous. I love this kid! The perimeter defense he played tonight when he stepped out on guys like James then recovered quick to cover Bosh or Charlie V. down low ALL WITH 5 FOULS for what seemed like the longest stretch - nothing short of extraordinary. He's easily one of the smartest, highest-IQ players I've ever seen, even as a rookie. It's the little things with this guy that you gotta love. The Knicks are so much better when he's on the floor it's not even funny.

(3) Qyntel Woods - I know Jalen Rose has played pretty well since he's been here, but this is my man at the 3. He can do it all. He shoots it well, passes the ball well, handles it fairly well, is patient - he'll size it up, if it's not there, he'll back it out, takes the ball strong to the rim, and man what a rebounder. Fierce rebounder! Wow! I think that Q2 is one of the best rebounders we have on the roster to be honest, and if he ever got big minutes he'd be one of the best rebounding SFs in the game. He's got to get big minutes the rest of this year. I really think he's the future for the Knicks at the SF spot.

(2) Stephon Marbury - People have really come down way too hard on the guy when it comes to the whole Larry Brown thing. In my book, Larry's the one that's at fault and wrong, not Steph. All Marbury has done is react to Larry and what Larry says in the papers. What do you guys expect the guy to do? Fuck Larry Brown - you don't handle business that way. I've never seen a coach do and say the things Larry does. Ever. I don't blame Steph for being frustrated with LB to be honest. First the guy goes over and plays basketball for our country when others are home resting/enjoying the off-season. Then ever since pre-season all the guy has done is donate 1 million dollars of his own money to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort, come in and try his best to change his game to try and please his coach who obviously never appreaciated it, come in and play probably the best defense of his career, come back from a bad injury (definitely too early) and showed a willingness to play with pain in a lost season when not many others probably would have, and remain a good cheerleader for his teammates while on the bench. What else do you guys want him to do? No way is Steph the villian or the sole reason the Knicks have played poorly. I don't mean to sound off like I'm the prez. of the guy's fan club or anything but come on, how does he get booed at the Garden?!? Man that makes me sick. Plus, he's the best player on the roster, a guy in his prime, and he needs to be out there with the game on the line.

(1) Nate Robinson - Brings so much energy and he's finally playing under control more. Future is very bring with for this kid!

That's the 5 I think make the best combination.
AUTOADVERT
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
3/21/2006  11:18 PM
Hmm. Strangely, I agree with your lineup. However, I'm *not* taking sides on Marbury vs. Brown. they both need to STFU and do their jobs.

Otherwise, I admire Steph for a lot of the things he's done for the community, but that has no bearing on his position with the team IMHO.
https:// It's not so hard.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/21/2006  11:19 PM
i don't like Lee as a starter... i prefer him getting a good amount of minutes off the bench along w/Nate, Craw, Qyntel & Jackie... those guys are our energizer 2nd unit.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/21/2006  11:28 PM
I'm with TMS, but I have to say that Frye generally plays at least pretty good when he's a starter, at least on offense.

There is no best 5 though on this team b/c everyone is so damn inconsistent.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
3/21/2006  11:36 PM
Im not crazy about that lineup, can we really get away with nate and marbury in the backcourt? then again we did during the 6 game winning streak, come to think of it, why havent we gone back to the lineup that won 6 straight games?
Knicks best lineup

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy