[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

where is Isiah when Steph needs him?
Author Thread
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/21/2006  1:33 PM
prior to this season he fostered and echoed every single ssilly notion that Steph made to the media of his worth and stature.

now NY is all engulfed in the Starbury Wars and Isiah hasn't made a peep in support or defense of Stephon.

what up with that
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/21/2006  1:42 PM
What, no more kisses on the cheek in front of the cameras?

I guess the old axiom still applies: When the going gets tough, Isiah hides like the little b*tch that he is.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/21/2006  1:43 PM
he brought in both Marbury & Larry Brown... he can't choose sides in the matter or else he'll look bad & lose credibility w/the other
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
islesfan
3/21/2006  1:55 PM
Posted by TMS:

he brought in both Marbury & Larry Brown... he can't choose sides in the matter or else he'll look bad & lose credibility w/the other

I don't care who brought who in, if a player makes insubordinate remarks about the coach, he has to pay the price. That's just doing his job.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/21/2006  1:57 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by TMS:

I don't care who brought who in, if a player makes insubordinate remarks about the coach, he has to pay the price. That's just doing his job.

and when the coach does it to the player....then what?

I agree with the statement in BOLD
JesseDark
Member: #467
3/21/2006  1:58 PM

It's not insubordination if the remarks are true.
Bring back dee-fense
islesfan
3/21/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by TMS:

That's what coaches do. That's what coaches have always done. And it wouldn't have escalated to that point if Marbury was told to shut his hole in the beginning. If Isiah had only had the guts to do his job instead of worrying about how it would look then it never would have gotten to this point.
islesfan
3/21/2006  2:01 PM
Posted by JesseDark:

It's not insubordination if the remarks are true.

Uh, yeah it is.
JesseDark
Member: #467
3/21/2006  2:08 PM
The point is there is no need for a suspension for speaking the truth.
Bring back dee-fense
Swishfm3
3/21/2006  2:18 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by TMS:

That's what coaches do. That's what coaches have always done. And it wouldn't have escalated to that point if Marbury was told to shut his hole in the beginning. If Isiah had only had the guts to do his job instead of worrying about how it would look then it never would have gotten to this point.

really? since when??

I've played sports my whole life...and I've never had a coach belittle me in public.
(except once...I fumbled the ball and my football coach started smacking my helmet)

and in a professional level....I can't recall any coach calling out their players in the media.

Andy Reid didn't even do it to T.O....and he def. had a right too.

McK1
Member: #964
3/21/2006  2:24 PM
Dolan put the organization in the hands of 3 whores - Isiah Marbury Brown - and this is the end result.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-21-2006 2:25 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/21/2006  2:32 PM
Posted by McK1:

Dolan put the organization in the hands of 3 whores - Isiah Marbury Brown - and this is the end result.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-21-2006 2:25 PM]

The three wise men! Too funny!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/21/2006  2:35 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:
I've played sports my whole life...and I've never had a coach belittle me in public.
(except once...I fumbled the ball and my football coach started smacking my helmet)

and in a professional level....I can't recall any coach calling out their players in the media.

Parcells has called out TONS of players in public. Everyone from LT to refering to Terry Glen's hamstring as "she's feeling better"
Jimmy Johnson has
Billy Martin has
Ozzie Guillen did numerous times this year before winning the world series
Phil JAckson has used the media in this way
Gruden (Chucky) did sat MeShawn for the year

Thats off the top of my head

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Swishfm3
3/21/2006  2:39 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Swishfm3:

Parcells has called out TONS of players in public. Everyone from LT to refering to Terry Glen's hamstring as "she's feeling better"
Jimmy Johnson has
Billy Martin has

to young to remember Billy Martin.....I believe Parcells did it.

BUT..no on Ozzie, Gruden, Jimmy....and Phil did it AFTER he left the Lakers so that doesnt count

islesfan
3/21/2006  2:43 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by TMS:

really? since when??

I don't know, ask Bill Parcells for one.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/21/2006  2:43 PM
Phil definitely called Kwame Brown a pu$$y this year.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
islesfan
3/21/2006  2:46 PM
I believe Riley did it with Mason when he was with the Knicks.
Swishfm3
3/21/2006  3:08 PM
Posted by eViL:

Phil definitely called Kwame Brown a pu$$y this year.

lmao!!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/21/2006  4:52 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Swishfm3:

Jimmy Johnson has
Billy Martin has

Dick Vermeil called out RB larry Johnson. Now look, LJ was running like a beast last year..

To put larry on the same level of blame as steph and marbs is ridiculous..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
islesfan
3/21/2006  5:00 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Swishfm3:

Jimmy Johnson has
Billy Martin has

Dick Vermeil called out RB larry Johnson. Now look, LJ was running like a beast last year..

To put larry on the same level of blame as steph and marbs is ridiculous..

Don't forget Starbury, he deserves his fair share of blame as well.
where is Isiah when Steph needs him?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy