[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If I had the choice of what vet I could grab within reason i.e availability is legit
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/21/2006  9:29 AM
I would take Boozer. While he doesnt give us the shot blocking, he does giving us a rugged 20-10 53%

I wonder if we can do something like this

Frye Francis +Butler to Utah for Boozer and picks 14+44--Marcus Williams 6-3 200

Pick 23 to New Orleans for JR Smith 6-7 225

Pick 28 PJ Tucker SF Texas 6-6 235

Pick 44 Solomon Jones C 6-10 235
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/21/2006  9:41 AM
I would certainly not give up Frye and Butler to get Boozer, and I don't believe Boozer is a good fit next to Curry.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/21/2006  9:44 AM
I don't trade Frye for Boozer but just about everyone else would be up for grabs for him.

You think Deron is available? I love that kid.

Taylor, Lee, James or Malik and 2 picks for Boozer and Deron and maybe a pick.
~You can't run from who you are.~
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/21/2006  9:59 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I would take Boozer. While he doesnt give us the shot blocking, he does giving us a rugged 20-10 53%

I wonder if we can do something like this

Frye Francis +Butler to Utah for Boozer and picks 14+44--Marcus Williams 6-3 200

so you're willing to trade away Frye to get Boozer, but unwilling to trade anything for Al Harrington in a sign & trade, a legit 19 & 7 young player just reaching his prime who can stretch defenses from both F positions? can you tell me your logic behind that thinking cuz i just don't see why you have such an aversion to Al Harrington & yet are willing to take on a guy like Carlos Boozer.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/21/2006  10:05 AM
boozer is a good player.

if we trade them francis, which i would do, do we still move steph?

maybe mo + the 2 #1's would get it done, but they do need guards.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/21/2006  10:20 AM
Briggs, I told you I watched boozer at the Hawks game the other night, I was 10 feet from the guy and he looked chiseled. really in shape and he was all over the boards. I was impressed with him the other night... I don't know if I do frye in this deal, but if you want boozer, that means you expect frye to come off the bench, and to me that is wasting his skills...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
3/21/2006  10:22 AM
Posted by tkf:

Briggs, I told you I watched boozer at the Hawks game the other night, I was 10 feet from the guy and he looked chiseled. really in shape and he was all over the boards. I was impressed with him the other night... I don't know if I do frye in this deal, but if you want boozer, that means you expect frye to come off the bench, and to me that is wasting his skills...

frye can not start next to curry.

neither of them are good defenders and their not that great as rebounders.

boozer gives us a dirty work player that will grab boards and could also see a few minutes at the center spot. you can rotate those 3.
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/21/2006  10:23 AM
Posted by tkf:

Frye is a jumpshooter. He can come off the bench and shoot his jumpshots. Its not a waste its depth
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
McK1
3/21/2006  10:27 AM
Booze next o Curry is the equiv of AD next to Curry. Somebody who will hold pos in the paint, D opposing post players & get more than just the rebounds that fall to him.

As a help defender Curry should be able to swat more shots.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
tkf
3/21/2006  10:46 AM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:

Frye is a jumpshooter. He can come off the bench and shoot his jumpshots. Its not a waste its depth

what I mean is that I think frye is a potential starter, I think Lee is better suited to back up boozer, but do you think that bringing in another PF will mean that either frye or lee will get little to no minutes. is that what you want?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/21/2006  10:54 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:

what I mean is that I think frye is a potential starter, I think Lee is better suited to back up boozer, but do you think that bringing in another PF will mean that either frye or lee will get little to no minutes. is that what you want?

exactly. thats why i dont understand some of the members on this site.

they want to see Lee and Frye get more minutes and play....but then turn around and want to make all these fantasy trades for more forwards.

but to stick to the thread.....

I dont mind Boozer...but doesn't he have a huge contract?

I would like to see Frye play the SF position and Lee in the 4 spot backing Boozer.

tkf
3/21/2006  11:13 AM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:

exactly. thats why i dont understand some of the members on this site.

they want to see Lee and Frye get more minutes and play....but then turn around and want to make all these fantasy trades for more forwards.

but to stick to the thread.....

I dont mind Boozer...but doesn't he have a huge contract?

I would like to see Frye play the SF position and Lee in the 4 spot backing Boozer.

boozer has a HUGE contract, I don't see why we can't go into next season with frye and lee, let them play, and go from there.... Trading for Boozer does what? we get boozer, he pulls another hamstring, misses 50 games and we are screwed with malik starting at PF again...
mrbean259
Member: #853
3/21/2006  11:18 AM
i wouldnt mind starting lee at pf just cuz hes more of a hard nose guy and can do the dirty work like rebounding and hustle plays, then bring frye off the bench at either c/pf and work those as a 3 man rotation with i guess big game getting some minutes every now and then.
McK1
3/21/2006  11:21 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:

with Curry at center, I don't think Frye is a potential starter.

Boozer makes more sense and the contract talk is nonsense at this point. NY just added 3 yrs 50 mill vs letting 16 mill come off the cap. Isiah's plan does not include fiscal responsibility. Ideally Marbury goes out Boozer comes in.

or

If its an expiring & Frye that might ruffle some but not I. I'm not and never was too big on Frye. IMO you can pay Matt Bonner a mil a year to do what he does but hey...

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-21-2006 11:22 AM]
djsunyc
3/21/2006  11:26 AM
it's not about going into the season with frye and lee and let them play. it's about what lb and this organization wants to do.

if indiana or minny calls us and starts asking about frye for jermaine or kg, you can bet lb will help frye pack and take him to the airport.

if our frontcourt is frye, lee, and curry next year, well for one, i would be shocked, but that also means they've come a long way over the summer. otherwise i don't see it happening. we WILL make a trade for a veteran PF/C. there's no doubts about that. and the chances of frye starting are probably slim to very slim.
djsunyc
3/21/2006  12:27 PM
franchise to denver, andre miller to utah, boozer to la la land, and odom to ny.
mrbean259
Member: #853
3/21/2006  12:28 PM
wow i like that trade actually...id even throw in one of our draft picks there to get odom for franchise
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/21/2006  12:34 PM
After all this time talking about how shot-blocking is the biggest factor distinguishing top from bottom teams, you want to add a soft PF who never blocks shots? It's gonna be a repeat of this year with no interior defense if we get Boozer.
McK1
3/22/2006  8:37 AM
since being reinserted in the starting line-up Boozer

23 pts 10 rebs 3.5 assists on 57% shooting. an average of 10 made fgs per.

yeah sounds exactly like the type of F/C the Knicks couldn't use. too funny.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-22-2006 08:38 AM]
If I had the choice of what vet I could grab within reason i.e availability is legit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy