[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Quote from ESPN about LB... pretty true
Author Thread
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

3/19/2006  6:55 PM
you can't do a worse job coaching an NBA team than Larry Brown did with the Knicks this year. It's impossible. Condescending, inexplicable, unfriendly, haphazard, rambling, incoherent, unprepared, overcritical, self-defeating, depressing, unrealistic ... really, pick any negative word or phrase for a coach and it probably fits. This current Knicks team was poorly conceived, but it also wasn't a 20-win team. Brown botched the 2004 Olympics beyond belief, he screwed up the 2005 Pistons with all the Cleveland rumors, and he's destroyed the 2006 Knicks to the point it's turning into a "24" episode. These are the facts
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

3/19/2006  7:02 PM
Why don't we just post it:

1. NEW YORK KNICKS

Ten extra wins. That's what I thought Larry Brown's coaching would do instantly for the Knicks, no matter who his players were.

Ten extra wins, even if you gave them to the Knicks right now, still wouldn't make this a playoff team.

Disappointing, then, doesn't even begin to describe this nightmarish Year 1 for Larry in his Dream Job. Wearing on his players with negativity, in private and via the media, is a staple of Brown's many stops, but so is immediate improvement. Nothing has happened instantly for these Knicks apart from the deterioration of Brown's relationship with Stephon Marbury -- yes, it's been even faster than expected -- and a nosedive so dramatic that they've unseated the Los Angeles Clippers as the NBA's foremost punching bag.

I don't want to heap more blame on the architect of this 18-win, $125 million roster, because Isiah Thomas is getting all of the blame while Brown, Zeke's marquee free agent, has somehow dodged the healthy slice he deserves. But there's little choice. Thomas simply has to be a more forceful and effective mediator if the Knicks intend to shed their newfound laughingstock status any time soon.

You'd rather see Isiah ousted? Fine. But if so, Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan better find a proven front-office operator  who comes with a strong personality -- to pair with Brown.

History, remember, tells us that Larry's only lasting NBA successes came alongside a management heavyweight to A) mediate the coach's inevitable disputes with players and B) prevent the famously fickle coach from acting on his perpetual trade impulses. Donnie Walsh in Indiana. Pat Croce in Philadelphia. Joe Dumars in Detroit.

The Knicks, to restore any hope in Gotham, have to have an effective Larry foil of own. All they have otherwise is a slew of expensive players no other team wants and an expensive coach who hasn't come close to savior status.

How disappointing has Brown been? He's actually making folks feel sorry for Marbury, which didn't seem possible.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2006  7:21 PM
How disappointing has Brown been? He's actually making folks feel sorry for Marbury, which didn't seem possible.
is that why he got booed?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2006  7:48 PM
10 wins, maybe under another coach the team would be posting 8 games won thus far?

Nobody done a good job this year, but the big intangable is just how bad was larry given the roster and its make up?

Hard to say.

My official take is stay the course and ride it out. I don't care whose fault it. I don't think firing anyone is going to make this team better.

If Marbs is the one who can't fit in, then be gone with him. This is Larrys gig like it our not.
JohnWallace44
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #910
USA
3/19/2006  10:15 PM
I love that people keep saying that the roster is mismatched. What does that mean exactly? That's just some BS that Larry and the media have latched on to. We have qualified players at every position... so... what else do you need Larry? We even have more depth than anyone else out there. I have no sympathy for LB.
Alan Hahn: Nate Robinson has been on a ridonkulous scoring tear lately (remember when he couldn't hit Jerome James with a Big Mac in early January?)
McK1
Member: #964
3/19/2006  10:22 PM
msmatched =

8 or 9 players who all need the ball to be effective

1 guy on the team who is a known to the coach to be committed to defending and he is a 34 yr old 6' 6 power-forward.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-19-2006 10:22 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2006  10:58 PM
on paper we look great.

The ingrediants are not right.

its like baking a cake. You need somting to bind it all together.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/20/2006  12:09 AM
Everyone still flips it back to marbs and isiah.

I think this article needed to be written. The knicks are not as bad as their record shows. They have all the tools to make a decent team. Even if its not the right mix the knicks should still have at least double their wins.brown has done nothing as the coach as far as his job on the court and the comments he makes off the court. He talks about the coach not supposed to coach effort. Well if guys knew what their roles were there would not be an issue. Coaches have to motivate their players. Coaches have to be able to adapt what the players do to fit his system. Its known to the world that brown would trade half the roster if he could. He as reciently as a couple of days ago said that nothing could be done because trading deadline is over. The coach has given up and so has his players.

Everything people say about isiah and marbs might be true but those people just refuse to place blame on brown in anyway. That is not fair. I don't understand why people have not butchered brown the same way that other people would be if they were in the same situation.

I agree with this article.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
McK1
Member: #964
3/20/2006  12:26 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

I think this article needed to be written. The knicks are not as bad as their record shows. They have all the tools to make a decent team. Even if its not the right mix the knicks should still have at least double their wins.brown has done nothing as the coach as far as his job on the court and the comments he makes off the court. He talks about the coach not supposed to coach effort. Well if guys knew what their roles were there would not be an issue. Coaches have to motivate their players. Coaches have to be able to adapt what the players do to fit his system. Its known to the world that brown would trade half the roster if he could. He as reciently as a couple of days ago said that nothing could be done because trading deadline is over. The coach has given up and so has his players.

Everything people say about isiah and marbs might be true but those people just refuse to place blame on brown in anyway. That is not fair. I don't understand why people have not butchered brown the same way that other people would be if they were in the same situation.

double their wins? 38 wins at this point spree be serious.

did you watch those guys tonight in the 4th? they don't play together. 4 or 5 straight possessions somebody decided to go 1-on-1 for a bad shot instead of running the offense.

on D down the stretch, Wade was allowed to dribble from baseline to baseline relatively pressure free. Noone made him pick up his dribble, noone helped early enough when he decided to go.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
3/20/2006  12:38 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I feel that Brown is as responsible as anyone else for this team's dismal record.

I'm not thrilled with Marbury's overall performance (in some individual games he's been great) but Brown certainly doesn't get a pass from me. I think I've seen others express similar views.

It might be considered wishy-washy on an internet forum, but I can't get into this "Brown vs. Marbury" thing. I would only say there's plenty of blame to go around. Why choose sides? It's a false choice.

From my perspective, no one gets a pass on this team except the youngsters.
https:// It's not so hard.
Bippity10
Member: #574
3/20/2006  3:50 PM
Based on this year Brown has done a poor job. So what do the Knicks always do in this situation when the magical coach doesn't instantly turn this team around? They fire him, thus forcing themselves to start all over. LB has not done a good job this year but this isn't about this year. This is about BUILDING a title contender. Right now we are building around a hall of fame coach. We need to get him the exact type of players that you and I are always crying that we wished we had. Create some stability and help this man build a team. Finding someone to blame and firing that person hoping the next guy will turn it around in 6 months is just what we've been doing since Pat left. Enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just hope that people will like me
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/20/2006  4:27 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by EnySpree:

did you watch those guys tonight in the 4th? they don't play together. 4 or 5 straight possessions somebody decided to go 1-on-1 for a bad shot instead of running the offense.

on D down the stretch, Wade was allowed to dribble from baseline to baseline relatively pressure free. Noone made him pick up his dribble, noone helped early enough when he decided to go.

did YOU watch the game? I thought the Knicks played pretty good ball and kept it close until the third quarter when the rooks were in with Crawford against the Heat starting 5. thats when the game started to slip away.

mythfaze
Member: #106
3/20/2006  4:30 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by EnySpree:

did YOU watch the game? I thought the Knicks played pretty good ball and kept it close until the third quarter when the rooks were in with Crawford against the Heat starting 5. thats when the game started to slip away.

They had a couple good runs and stuck with it for a while, but there was absolutely no cohesiveness out there, on offense or on defense.

The Knicks look like a collection of players meeting for the first time and playing pick up ball.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/20/2006  5:12 PM
The roster excuse is probably the worst excuse I ever heard. This roster is an improvement over the previous two year rosters and the Knicks still had more wins. Just who is so horrible, Marbury, Francis (two former all-stars), Jalen Rose, Richardson? Damn Malik Rose got 2 championship rings. Curry? I not even going to go into the young players stuff. Damn where is Westphal, at least I know the Knicks would be able to fastbreak.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bippity10
Member: #574
3/20/2006  5:28 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

The roster excuse is probably the worst excuse I ever heard. This roster is an improvement over the previous two year rosters and the Knicks still had more wins. Just who is so horrible, Marbury, Francis (two former all-stars), Jalen Rose, Richardson? Damn Malik Rose got 2 championship rings. Curry? I not even going to go into the young players stuff. Damn where is Westphal, at least I know the Knicks would be able to fastbreak.

Every year I pick a team of untalented sleps and win my local league championship. Other teams are loaded with talent and can't understand why they lose. They blame everyone from the refs to the star. None seems to get that it comes down to chemistry and playing as a team. None of our guys have any clue about team basketball and until they do it won't change. Another coach could have done a better job and we would still stink.
I just hope that people will like me
Quote from ESPN about LB... pretty true

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy