[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

G'Towns big man.. Hibbert..
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/19/2006  6:40 PM
I piced in my office NCAA Bracket for G'town to beat Ohio State, simply because I thought Hibbart would be a force, and so far he is, does anyone know much about this kid, because from what I have seen, he looks like a nice prospect for the NBA...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/19/2006  6:46 PM
Posted by tkf:

I piced in my office NCAA Bracket for G'town to beat Ohio State, simply because I thought Hibbart would be a force, and so far he is, does anyone know much about this kid, because from what I have seen, he looks like a nice prospect for the NBA...

We've talked about him a couple times a few weeks ago, he is a serious NBA prospect. Can shoot, pass, rebound, block shots, I mean he really does it all. Nothing flashy, just knows how to play offense and defense extremely well, he's only a sophmore and already has a very good post game, and its only gotten better this year. I think next years draft will have Oden #1 and Hibbert #2. The 2007 draft is the draft of the big man, bank on it.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
tkf
3/19/2006  6:57 PM
yea, I agree, Hibbart is a very skilled player may be better than oden, I mean he is already doing it on the college level, I am also watching villanovas guards, Allen Ray is a killer, I love that guy, can shoot,pass, and defend, damn he is good...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
3/19/2006  8:32 PM
Allen Ray is good, but I am impressed by Kyle Lowry. He is so smooth and plays great defense and can penetrate at will. He is only a sophomore. Cool as a cucumber hitting foul shots. He is the engine that gets it all started. Foye is good but a little too streaky.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/20/2006  8:09 AM
Where would Hibbert go if he declared for the draft this year? Top 15? I don't know how he can turn down that several million dollars. I think he'll declare this year. I'd love to see the Knicks trade up to grab him.
McK1
Member: #964
3/20/2006  8:11 AM
Posted by tkf:

yea, I agree, Hibbart is a very skilled player may be better than oden, I mean he is already doing it on the college level,

did Oden get to college yet
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/20/2006  8:16 AM
Hibbert is ok right now. He had a very average regular season, but was dominant yesterday. I think he'd be wise to play another year. I'm interested to see how he looks vs. a phenomenal athletic big man like Joakim Noah in the next round.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/20/2006  9:30 AM
Posted by VDesai:

Hibbert is ok right now. He had a very average regular season, but was dominant yesterday. I think he'd be wise to play another year. I'm interested to see how he looks vs. a phenomenal athletic big man like Joakim Noah in the next round.

Thats tough because you are talking C 7-2 280 against a F 6-11 230 thats two different positions and sizes. Hibbert is enormous and can get away with moving a tad slower with his enormous size and solid fundamentals. Both players could be lottery picks if they chose to--I suspect that with Hibberts backround[his parents are scholars and they arent exactly hurting for $] that Hibbert could just be a 4 yr college guy no matter what.
I dont think Hibbert and Bynum are two far of in comparison, Bynum is a better athlete Hibbert more polished skills wise
RIP Crushalot😞
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/20/2006  11:19 AM
It's a tough matchup for sure. Just want to see how handles going against a big time athlete.

Hibbert was very inconsistent this year. He downright dissapeared in games at times...especially down the stretch. His 2 tourney games were 2 of his top 5 games all year, and a lot of his sucess has come against teams with short frontlines.
tkf
3/20/2006  11:48 AM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:

yea, I agree, Hibbart is a very skilled player may be better than oden, I mean he is already doing it on the college level,

that is my point Hibbart is already doing it on that level, that is why I would give him the nod right now over oden.....

McK1
Member: #964
3/20/2006  11:52 AM
and once Oden gets there, a comparison can began to be made.

Hill from the Razorbacks is another to watch for.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-20-2006 11:53 AM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/20/2006  3:07 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:

that is my point Hibbart is already doing it on that level, that is why I would give him the nod right now over oden.....

Hibbert's a good player who has tremendous size and has been really coming on, but there is NO way I would compare Oden withhim. Oden is so far advanced physically in terms of his athletic ability with the size --this kid is something between shaq and the admiral. he would be a dominating NBA player right now
RIP Crushalot😞
G'Towns big man.. Hibbert..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy