[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Offer pick 23 for JR Smith
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/20/2006  9:54 AM
jay bilas called him the likely "bust of the draft"... he was taken #17 by ATL & he's looked a whole lot better than some other kids drafted in the lottery that year.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/20/2006  10:06 AM
I was clamoring for this kid (Josh Smith) at the deadline I would LOVE to get him and I would consider trading Marbury there for this kid and alot of filler...

Lue, Smith and a pick for Marbury? I would do that.

I also wanted JR at the deadline ( my idea was for Ariza and a second rounder)...

[Edited by - joec32033 on 03-20-2006 10:07 AM]
~You can't run from who you are.~
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/20/2006  10:33 AM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by TMS:

Jay Bilas is eating crow someplace right about now.

Jay bilas was correct, Josh is a good off the ball defender, not so good man to man, I was at the hawks game Friday night, kirlenko is on another planet compared to josh smith, Josh was shooting bricks, he had a little streak where he hit some jumpers the past few games, but believe me, his jumper stinks, he is a great athlete, marginal ball player, no handle, no moves, can't shoot. Should of went to college to maximize his skills. He is not even on the same page with JR smith skill wise.....

You went to the Hawks game on Friday, saw him shoot 4/6 from downtown and are telling me he was shooting bricks? Not to mention he dished out 6 asts in the game and has averaged more than 4 asts per game since the all star break. The kid has clearly improved his game and is only 20.

Dude shot bricks when the hawks needed a big baskets, I clearly remember two in the 4th. when he shoots jumpers, people cringe, josh does two things, when he shoots it is either all net or all rim and backboard, he shot better from downtown than he did from inside the arc (5/9)this was a rare night for him, the 6 assists thing is a joke, twice I saw him just pass the ball to JJ comming off a pick for a easy shot, the other was to zaza I think, I could of done that with my beer in my hand. I am not saying he isn't improving, hell a lot of guys are in this league, He is not a bust, but I could see where bilas was comming from.. Josh childress is a much better prospect on that team..... Comparing josh smith to kirilenko is just criminal..

[Edited by - tkf on 03-20-2006 10:45 AM]
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/20/2006  10:40 AM
speaking of Utah, Carlos Boozer is looking good, I am not a fan of this guy, I used to think he was a fat ass, but he has slimmed down, looks great, and I was 10 feet from he and Al harrington(who is also a big kid) and Al could not budge Boozer off the blocks at all, boozer had like 21/11, and was really a disruption down low. If it were not for his high price tag, he would be someone I would be interested in...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/20/2006  11:31 AM
He's been averaging more than 4 asts per night since the all star break. I don't care how easy the passes might've looked. It takes athleticism/ability/instincts to consisently get into the position to set up your teammates for easy looks when you're not the primary ballhandler. Obviously you're not a fan of his, but If you compare his numbers after the all star break this year to Kirielenko's season numbers, they are very close. When you take his elite athleticism with his rapidly developing skills, I think the sky is the limit here. But he won't be attainable.

Back on topic, JR Smith could definitely be attainable. He looked good in Nov/Dec and late last year. He's got prototypical 2g size and athleticism...I just can't figure out why he's in BScott's doghouse. But when you compare him to the 2g's available in the 20's, he trumps all of em. I would certainly offer a pick for him.
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/20/2006  11:36 AM
Posted by VDesai:

Back on topic, JR Smith could definitely be attainable. He looked good in Nov/Dec and late last year. He's got prototypical 2g size and athleticism...I just can't figure out why he's in BScott's doghouse. But when you compare him to the 2g's available in the 20's, he trumps all of em. I would certainly offer a pick for him.

his immaturity and innattentiveness to detail.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
tkf
3/20/2006  11:36 AM
Posted by VDesai:

He's been averaging more than 4 asts per night since the all star break. I don't care how easy the passes might've looked. It takes athleticism/ability/instincts to consisently get into the position to set up your teammates for easy looks when you're not the primary ballhandler. Obviously you're not a fan of his, but If you compare his numbers after the all star break this year to Kirielenko's season numbers, they are very close. When you take his elite athleticism with his rapidly developing skills, I think the sky is the limit here. But he won't be attainable.

Not true, it takes guys on your teams to make baskets, JJ and Al have been making baksets. He is not getting easy baskets for anyone. Again comparing him to Kirlenko is a Joke, just look at the between the legs pass AK gave boozer in traffic, they are galaxies apart, not even close. Lets not overhype the guy, he is averaging 2 assist per game for the season, that is not ground breaking for a guy playing off the ball....
VDesai
USA
3/20/2006  11:37 AM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by VDesai:

his immaturity and innattentiveness to detail.

Sounds like he's a perfect fit.
tkf
3/20/2006  11:38 AM
Posted by VDesai:

JR is a good prospect, super athletic acutally has skills. I think if we can't get rid of stephs ass, then a guy like Allen ray would be someone I would like, yea he is a little small, but a better option than Stevie. RAy can come off the pick or catch a pass of penetration and drill the shot from anywhere, that is what we are missing, he is a high IQ player, I really like his mentality...
VDesai
USA
3/20/2006  11:40 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by VDesai:

Not true, it takes guys on your teams to make baskets, JJ and Al have been making baksets. He is not getting easy baskets for anyone. Again comparing him to Kirlenko is a Joke, just look at the between the legs pass AK gave boozer in traffic, they are galaxies apart, not even close. Lets not overhype the guy, he is averaging 2 assist per game for the season, that is not ground breaking for a guy playing off the ball....

Did you watch the Hawks-Knicks game? He had some nice feeds in that game....there was one where he got an offensive rebound and touch passed it to a guy for a finish. That was very impressive. I understand his 2nd half numbers are not a lot to go on, but I don't think you can ignore what he has been doing. Anyway, clearly you don't like Josh's game, and I do, not much more either of us can say at this point, except the fact that he's not a Knick and probably will never be...
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/20/2006  12:15 PM
VDesai

I like Josh Smith's game as well and I think he will be a star in this league
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
tkf
3/20/2006  12:20 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by VDesai:

Did you watch the Hawks-Knicks game? He had some nice feeds in that game....there was one where he got an offensive rebound and touch passed it to a guy for a finish. That was very impressive. I understand his 2nd half numbers are not a lot to go on, but I don't think you can ignore what he has been doing. Anyway, clearly you don't like Josh's game, and I do, not much more either of us can say at this point, except the fact that he's not a Knick and probably will never be...

yea, I saw that, it was nice, so what, he also shot 3/9, and fouled out, I am not saying he isn't going to make some spectacular plays here and there, but he is a marginal player, listen I like the hawks, I follow the hawks, I watched Josh down here when he was a kid in AAU games, he was a whiner and always put up as this great talent, he has been overrated his whole life down here, I am not a fan of his at all, it goes back a ways. On the other hand Dwight Howard has always been the hard worker, didn't buy into this how great he was crap, kept working, he is a real prospect. Josh smith is a hack, he can jump out the gym so that gets him hustle blocks, some putbacks and some highlight plays, but the guy can't play! I understand we don't agree here, but I don't care about getting the guy, I would rather get josh childress. Much better "player"..
Offer pick 23 for JR Smith

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy