[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crawford getting stronger?
Author Thread
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/18/2006  10:24 AM
Seems having a guard as strong and as athletic as Francis to practice against has seemed to help Crawford in the strength area. Billups is a big guard and he was able to "create space" and still square himself for the game winner last night.

Plus he was also able to drive on him and Joe Johnson and continue forward instead of being bodied into a sideways pull-up.

I know its not a 100% fair measure considering how many minutes Joe and Chauncey logged in comparison but still any show of downhill strength from Crawford on his drives IMO is noteworthy.

I said earlier this week of he Q and Rose I'd like to keep Craw. He has been smart enough NOT to run his yap at least in the press about the perceived phucking over of Brown of guys even after he went on the trade block. Had to be a blow to the ego considering all the hype and money Zeke poured on even though he professionally hadn't earned it.

Unlike Stat, I think it is sinking in that he already got his money and now he is 1 of the few here who realize they will be better for having been taught by Brown.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-18-2006 10:25 AM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/18/2006  11:05 AM
I hope so... he could really use some strength training. Even if he doesnt gain much weight just so he can get stronger. I've been up and down about Crawford, but he has always seemed willing to work hard and be coached.

Maybe these guys really just need a year of total misery for the message to sink in
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/18/2006  11:22 AM
Maybe these guys really just need a year of total misery for the message to sink in

See, there you go with this compromising position. This is why we, as fans get disappointment after disappointment after dissapointment.

Next year, when the Knicks are 20-50 you will be the first one to say -- "well, next year it's now or NEVER!"

yawn
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/18/2006  11:34 AM
for the record, that should have been an offensive foul cuz he clearly pushed off on Chauncey... the way the refs were calling that game i'm surprised they let that one go... but i do give Craw big props for being a guy who's never afraid to take those big shots in crunchtime... he's consistently the guy they go to down the stretch... sometimes he makes bad shots & turns the ball over, sometimes he gets hot & shoots the lights out... i like having him coming off the bench for us... he's a good wildcard to have along w/Nate who brings that energy & hustle... if we're going to trade anyone, it needs to be Marbury & Jalen imho... if we can get a defensive minded PG who can orchestrate an offense along w/a shotblocker in here, i think this team can turn things around next year.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/18/2006  11:43 AM
Posted by TMS:

for the record, that should have been an offensive foul cuz he clearly pushed off on Chauncey...

He strong, but he ain't that strong. I thought it was a weight shift and Craw cut at the right time.

I think Craws minutes are reduced with Stevo here and that makes him less tired, and thus makes him stronger.

He has has moments this year where he was playing "right'>

More impressive was the steals and deflections against Chauns. Craw got the quickness and lengnth to be a good defender. And he showed it last nite.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/18/2006  11:47 AM
i agree w/u... Craw's got the tools to be a good defender... he just needs to keep his head in the game on both ends of the floor... he just loses focus sometimes on where he's supposed to be & has a hard time getting over screens because of his slight build... i don't think he's gotten stronger though... he still looks as skinny now as he was when the season started, but i don't mind that as much as long as he keeps getting deflections & steals in the passing lanes & starting the fastbreaks.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/18/2006  12:17 PM
craw also had a lot of deflections vs the hawks and did a good job Vs Joe johnson down the stretch, Joe can be a beast you know...

I hope these guys are learning to play the right way, craw made and has been making some interesting statements, and that is not wanting to be the worst team in the league, he feels they are much better than that, at least we can see pride, and that is a start..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/18/2006  12:23 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I hope so... he could really use some strength training. Even if he doesnt gain much weight just so he can get stronger. I've been up and down about Crawford, but he has always seemed willing to work hard and be coached.

jamal had a real good game yesterday. to me, it's always about crawford's NEXT game. he has all the tools to play some nice defense, get in the passing lanes, getting deflections. and on offense, he can beat people off the dribble and he's not afraid to take big shots. again, he looked real good yesterday but it's not about one game with him, it's about a string of good games. something that hasn't happened yet. he is learning under brown, and once he develops the consistency, he will be a very good player.

i understand why many fans are frustrated with him and why many fans want to trade him. you see a game like last night and say to yourself "why can't he do it all the time?" and that's been the major problem with him. maybe he's developing into the guy that CAN do it all the time. maybe lb will bring that out of him. right now, we just have to wait and see.

coming into the season, i wanted to give him a shot at running the point b/c i felt this team was going in another direction and investing the time in steph would be fruitless (and it's not looking too fruitful now). if we invested all that time in jamal, maybe he could've been our pg, who knows? as the season went along, i was getting increasingly frustrated by him b/c he was taking such a subservient role. he was trying to please lb too much and was willing to let things happen in front of him instead of taking control and making things happen. and it hurt his game on the court as he would make some indecisive passes that lead to turnovers and take some ill-advised shots. that personality trait is why i now see him as a 6th man and not a starting pg anymore...and that's ok. a 6th man has just a big a role on a team. he needs to be more aggressive and more confident in his decision making process. if he can grasp that, then he's a keeper. this is what chicago fans dealt with for 3 years and that's why they traded him away. we've seen it for 1 1/2 years now. all we can hope for is that he will do it on a more consistent basis for us.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/18/2006  12:24 PM
Crawford's still the skinniest player in the league. He's still a 6'4" Shawn Bradley
Nalod
USA
3/18/2006  1:06 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Crawford's still the skinniest player in the league. He's still a 6'4" Shawn Bradley

Really? Thats hysterical! LMAO! LMFAO! What about Manute? HA HA! Oh, this is so much fun!
tomverve
Member: #878
3/18/2006  1:18 PM
Posted by McK1:

Seems having a guard as strong and as athletic as Francis to practice against has seemed to help Crawford in the strength area.

Yeah, practicing against a guard as strong and athletic as Francis for a few weeks has done more for JC's strength than practicing against a guard as strong and athletic as Marbury for 1 1/2 years. Sounds plausible. Maybe JC has been bench pressing Francis between wind sprints.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/18/2006  5:41 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

See, there you go with this compromising position. This is why we, as fans get disappointment after disappointment after dissapointment.

Next year, when the Knicks are 20-50 you will be the first one to say -- "well, next year it's now or NEVER!"

yawn
is the fact that I am dead set on firing Isiah and paying cash to see 3-4 of his very expensive aquisitions get flushed down the toilet compromising? This season has made me puke and I'm for bigtime changes. I dont get your post

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
McK1
3/18/2006  6:14 PM
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by McK1:

Seems having a guard as strong and as athletic as Francis to practice against has seemed to help Crawford in the strength area.

Yeah, practicing against a guard as strong and athletic as Francis for a few weeks has done more for JC's strength than practicing against a guard as strong and athletic as Marbury for 1 1/2 years. Sounds plausible. Maybe JC has been bench pressing Francis between wind sprints.

As Steph's stat geek accountant, I'm sure you are well aware he was getting massages during practice Crawford's first year.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-18-2006 6:14 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
tomverve
Member: #878
3/18/2006  10:21 PM
You can always count on McK to resort to insults when he has no other way of refuting a point. Good job, smart guy.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
McK1
3/19/2006  10:12 AM
Posted by tomverve:

You can always count on McK to resort to insults when he has no other way of refuting a point. Good job, smart guy.

you engage people sarcastically and expect dialogue to be amicable? you're a funny man.

anyay...

When Wilkens was finished speaking, Marbury repeated most of the coach's message to the team, using profanity to puncuate his words and get his point across. When he was finished, the Knicks took the floor for practice with one exception: Marbury remained in the locker room for a massage.

Events like this lead me to believe Steph wasn't a spirited parishioner of Lord Thomas' Knicks. He's all about self. So no I don't believe Stephon did anything to help his game. In the beginning of the year when Brown first started using Crawford as point and encouraging him to use his dribble move to get in the lane, Steph responded he thinks Crawford should go back to what he was doing last season - which was chucking up off-balance 20-25 foot juumpshots.

From what I've read of Francis, he helps other guards...big men - a different story.

djsunyc
3/19/2006  11:46 AM
crawford is getting alot of good press lately and has put together some good games in a row. now is his opportunity to really take control of this situation and dictate his future under lb with his play.
Bonn1997
USA
3/19/2006  12:02 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

crawford is getting alot of good press lately and has put together some good games in a row. now is his opportunity to really take control of this situation and dictate his future under lb with his play.

don't be fooled by the latest tease
djsunyc
3/19/2006  12:06 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by djsunyc:

don't be fooled by the latest tease

not fooled at all. we all have seen this before from crawford. but now, all eyes are starting to focus on him so it's his chance to take control. remember, he is only 25. maybe this is his "blossoming" or maybe this is just more of the same. time will tell.
Bonn1997
USA
3/19/2006  12:43 PM
time will tell.
it already has
Nalod
USA
3/19/2006  1:22 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
time will tell.
it already has

could might.
Crawford getting stronger?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy