[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about trading with Seattle for Potapenko?
Author Thread
Dan1078
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #283
8/22/2002  9:42 AM
He's big at 6'11" 280 and he can rebound and defend.

Seattle already have Jerome James and Cavin Booth.

They're not very deep at the PF spot with Radmanovic starting.

What if the Knicks traded Harrington and Postell for Potapenko?
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/22/2002  10:34 AM
That's actually one of the brighter ideas that can be realistic. Why not trade a player that replicates a position for a good role player and a nice prospect? I think Harrington would be a good fit for Seattle and they could use a nice prospect like Postell in case Rashard walks and we can throw in a second round pick next year since we have two.
RIP Crushalot😞
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
8/22/2002  10:42 AM
hmm, wasn't this posted on another board?

Potapenko has

a) recently been traded, so there's a timetable in which he is available again. December 15th or earlier.

b) He's injured, knee injury I believe, and as such a risk. The recovery could take quite awhile.

I could live with the trade but I'm not sure it's a good one
Dan1078
Member: #283
8/22/2002  1:04 PM
Hmm I also posted this trade at NJO, but I havent seen it anywhere else.

My whole idea was for the Knicks could trade some lesser players for a center so a trade for a pt gd using KT could be made.

But, I forgot about the fact that Potapenko was just traded.

Overall, not a great idea.

But I think that Layden is working on something of the same premise--

Just get a big guy, a true center who can rebound and defend and then trade KT and Ward for Van Ex.

There's gotta be a big guy out there somewhere!

Im sure that this has been discussed many times, but waht about Ostertag?
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/22/2002  4:47 PM
I wouldn't want the Knicks to get Ostertag, and I doubt the Jazz would want one of our PGs. Even though that guy Lopez is out for the year, I don't think they want to shoot themselves in the foot with Howard Eisley. I want the Knicks to hold onto Ward since his contract is up and if they trade Williams for Ostertag then I'd cry and just stop watching basketball. I don't think the Knicks are that desperate for a person that is 7 feet tall, KT is better then Ostertag, but he's 6'9" so he's not a "center."

I'm not sure, but could somebody show me the rule in the NBA rulebook that says "In order to be a center, one must be 7 feet tall, even if he has zero talent." Thomas is a great defender and rebounder, and get this, he even defends these "real centers" well. True, he doesn't block shots, so I think that should be the Knicks priority, a shotblocker, not a 7-footer.

He averaged 1.47 blocks last year, his lowest average since his rookie season. Add that to the fact the he just donated one of his kidneys, and that he seems to be on the decline, and I wouldn't go near him. And, Curtis Borchardt is injured so I don't even think the Jazz would trade him until Borchardt is healthy.
#Knickstaps
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/22/2002  5:06 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I wouldn't want the Knicks to get Ostertag, and I doubt the Jazz would want one of our PGs. Even though that guy Lopez is out for the year, I don't think they want to shoot themselves in the foot with Howard Eisley. I want the Knicks to hold onto Ward since his contract is up and if they trade Williams for Ostertag then I'd cry and just stop watching basketball. I don't think the Knicks are that desperate for a person that is 7 feet tall, KT is better then Ostertag, but he's 6'9" so he's not a "center."

I'm not sure, but could somebody show me the rule in the NBA rulebook that says "In order to be a center, one must be 7 feet tall, even if he has zero talent." Thomas is a great defender and rebounder, and get this, he even defends these "real centers" well. True, he doesn't block shots, so I think that should be the Knicks priority, a shotblocker, not a 7-footer.

He averaged 1.47 blocks last year, his lowest average since his rookie season. Add that to the fact the he just donated one of his kidneys, and that he seems to be on the decline, and I wouldn't go near him. And, Curtis Borchardt is injured so I don't even think the Jazz would trade him until Borchardt is healthy.

Its a bad PR move on Utah's part if they trade Ostertag. I think the Knicks will stay away from him even though Layden has his heart set on getting him.
How about trading with Seattle for Potapenko?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy