[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No trading David Lee
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/17/2006  5:13 PM
I think it's safe to say that unless its a package for a KG --I mean top tier 1, no adding Lee to any package. Lee is an untouchable, a player who has more upisde than some think[including me at many points] and should be counted squarely as a player for the teams new core.

Trading for so-called extra talent--guys like Al Harrington--Odom--thats not what we need. Just build a team and let it ride and get better.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/17/2006  5:15 PM
Thank you.

I totally agree.

And kudos for calling yourself out!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/17/2006  5:26 PM
give me Harrington for Marbury, put him next to Frye in the frontcourt w/Lee backing up both spots... that's a nice young core frontcourt to play alongside Curry.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/17/2006  5:30 PM
Posted by TMS:

give me Harrington for Marbury, put him next to Frye in the frontcourt w/Lee backing up both spots... that's a nice young core frontcourt to play alongside Curry.

How do you do that? Do you give Harrington insane money like Stephs's? That's not a good idea, right? How else do you structure it?
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/17/2006  5:33 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by TMS:

How do you do that? Do you give Harrington insane money like Stephs's? That's not a good idea, right? How else do you structure it?

I think the Hawks will be under the cap so they don't have to match dollar for dollar. We can trade them Marbury and give AL a smaller deal (not that I think that would ever happen, but that's how it could go down).
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/17/2006  5:44 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by TMS:

Atlanta can take salary.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

3/17/2006  5:49 PM

How does a non starter be considered a "core" player?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/17/2006  5:57 PM
Posted by holfresh:

I now consider him a core component of the future of this franchise.
He epitomizes what I want in a NY Knick player. I'm not saying he's Tim Duncan, I'm saying he is an integral part of the TEAM.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/17/2006  6:08 PM
Posted by holfresh:

like the microwave vinnie johnson?
holfresh

3/17/2006  6:38 PM
Core refers to two or three players that are intergal part of a system...Vinnie Johson was the microwave for his instant offense off the bench...What will Lee provide to this team that will be considered integral?...Vinnie, Isiah, and Dumars were the core players of that team with others being the interchangable parts...

How does Lee figure into the core player question?

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/17/2006  6:51 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Core refers to two or three players that are intergal part of a system...Vinnie Johson was the microwave for his instant offense off the bench...What will Lee provide to this team that will be considered integral?...Vinnie, Isiah, and Dumars were the core players of that team with others being the interchangable parts...

Since when does Core only refer to 2 or 3 players? It constantly seems like you are watching and talking basketball in a completely different universe then the rest of the world. Core could be a bunch of guys, usually it means someone you don't to trade becuase they bring things to your basketball team that no one else does. I don't see where that limits it to 2 or 3 people.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
holfresh

3/17/2006  7:12 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by holfresh:

Since when does Core only refer to 2 or 3 players? It constantly seems like you are watching and talking basketball in a completely different universe then the rest of the world. Core could be a bunch of guys, usually it means someone you don't to trade becuase they bring things to your basketball team that no one else does. I don't see where that limits it to 2 or 3 people.

I tend to look at it as being honest with myself and with others...Well if you go by the definition of core meaning the central or innermost, then the starting five wouldn't be considered core by definition...I too like Lee, I would love him to be part of the future of this team...I would love him to develop into a core player...But he cannot be considered core player because we will that on him....He has to prove it on a nightly basis....He hasn't done nothing close to that yet...U know you are right, I may be in a different universe....

oohah
Member: #887
3/17/2006  7:13 PM
Sorry guys, you got your Bad Boys core all wrong. Vinnie Johnson was important, but the core was Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, and Rodman.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
holfresh

3/17/2006  7:17 PM
Posted by oohah:

Sorry guys, you got your Bad Boys core all wrong. Vinnie Johnson was important, but the core was Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, and Rodman.

oohah

I can see that.....but I'm thinking interchangable part....They had so many guys..James Edwards was big coming off the bench with big baskets...I'm not sure if the lose one of those two, Rodman or Laimbeer thy still don't win it...

Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/17/2006  7:23 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I think it's safe to say that unless its a package for a KG --I mean top tier 1, no adding Lee to any package. Lee is an untouchable, a player who has more upisde than some think[including me at many points] and should be counted squarely as a player for the teams new core.

Trading for so-called extra talent--guys like Al Harrington--Odom--thats not what we need. Just build a team and let it ride and get better.

So you agree with Thomas by not including Lee in the Curry deal and replacing him with 1st round picks? I am not trying to be wise guy. I haven't had a chance to watch much of the KNick games this season because of my travel schedule. Has Lee proven that he was worth the trouble?
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
holfresh

3/17/2006  7:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

You will be insane if you won't do a Harrington for Lee trade with money being equal...

oohah
Member: #887
3/17/2006  7:28 PM
I can see that.....but I'm thinking interchangable part....They had so many guys..James Edwards was big coming off the bench with big baskets...I'm not sure if the lose one of those two, Rodman or Laimbeer thy still don't win it...

James Edwards was very good...that fallaway jumper he had was nasty, noone could block it! And don't forget Salley.

Interesting thing about the pistons is that Dumars rebuilt the current Pistons into a very similar squad to the Bad Boys, without commiting career-threatening fouls to the other team. The Pistons are the only ensemble-style teams to win a championship in the past 20 years.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
holfresh

3/17/2006  7:32 PM
Posted by oohah:

James Edwards was very good...that fallaway jumper he had was nasty, noone could block it! And don't forget Salley.

Interesting thing about the pistons is that Dumars rebuilt the current Pistons into a very similar squad to the Bad Boys, without commiting career-threatening fouls to the other team. The Pistons are the only ensemble-style teams to win a championship in the past 20 years.

oohah

Salley was good for at least one nasty power throw down per game that a 6-11,200 pound frame could muster.....Yeah that is amazing the job Dumars has done in the same mold as the old team...This new team is just missing a microwave type guy...We should send the Craw for sentimental reasons...

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/17/2006  7:33 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:

I now consider him a core component of the future of this franchise.
He epitomizes what I want in a NY Knick player. I'm not saying he's Tim Duncan, I'm saying he is an integral part of the TEAM.

agreed... i been saying the same for a while now... Lee is a player that has a big future here as part of that TEAM if they allow him to blossom here & don't trade him away.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/17/2006  7:33 PM
Posted by oohah:

oohah
Mahorn and Sally werent too shabby either
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
No trading David Lee

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy