[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

chris sheridan chat wrap
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/17/2006  1:09 PM
Chris Sheridan: Greetings from Indianapolis, where Ron-Ron Artest is making his big return tonight. Preferred topics for today's chat are the Kings, Pacers, LB vs. Steph and the playoff races. Let's get it started ...

Vick, CA: Chris, I've been a King's season ticket holder for the past twelve year and didn't see a lot of hope in the team earlier in the year. After the addition of Ron Artest, getting back a healthy Bonzi and Shareef, and team defense, I have been cautiously optimistic about the team's chances this year. I feel they have their best team since 2002(which was our best ever, Game 6 is still a painful memory. I believe the key for this team will be how they play on the road. My question is what kind of road team do you expect the Kings to be down the stretch and into the playoffs, given their road record this year and their recent success on the road? Thanks for your time Chris.

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: They're a whole different team now that Artest is aboard, and you can throw out everything that happened in the first half of the season. Are they good enough to defeat San antonio or Dallas in a seven-game series? I wouldn't bet on it. But if they stick where they are now and enter the playoffs with the sixth seed, they won't have to worry about either of those teams until the conference finals. You can use tonight's game as a test case to see how they do on the road. Ronnie is fired up for this one, and I'm predicting a lopsided victory for the visitors from Sacramento.

Josh (Hawaii): Who will end up having a better season next year Pacers or Kings?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: Sheesh, Josh, what about this year? But if I posted that question, I guess I'll have to answer it. And the best way to answer it is by saying I believe the Pacers will pretty much blow their team up this summer if they don't get out of the first round, getting a new point guard and possibly a new shooting guard to replace JT and Stephen Jackson. Also, if Kevin garnett goes on the market, I believe they'd be willing to move Jermaine O'Neal to get him. I took a long look at both teams in today's setup story on Artest's return, so plz give it a read.

Dino, Mather,CA: Has Peja said he wants to stay in Indy? He can walk away to ANY team, why don't the Pacers try and sign him to an extension NOW?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: Pejsa hasn't said anything definitive, but I believe the Pacers wouldn't have acquired him if they didn't believe they'd be able to keep him. That being said, the Bulls are a team that might lure him away (Peja played for Scott Skiles in Greece when he was a teenager), although they already have a logjam at small forward and would be better served by getting a big man.

Jon (NYC): Chris, lets take the speculation up another notch. Warriors, Pacers, Nets, Bulls, Suns. All of them have pieces to put together a package for KG. Who would seem to be the frontrunner?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: OK, Jon. I'd make the frontrunner the Nets, because they could put together a package of Jefferson, Krstic or Ilic and their two No. 1 picks. Indiana would get their attention if they offered JO, and the Warriors would rank third on that list simply because they have some size to offer that the Suns and Bulls do not. If, however, Chicago was willing to let go of Chandler, Deng and the rights to the Knicks' No. 1 pick in 2008 (when Greg Oden first becomes draft-eligible), they'd move up on that list.

Dan (Bmore): How long do you anticipate the truce between Brown and Marbury lasting? From what I've read one has to go and I don't think it will be Brown, your thoughts.

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: It's a pretty shaky truce from what I understand, and I don't see it holding too long. The animosity between the two of those guys is pretty strong, and a 30-second discussion in the hallway won't do much more than quiet down the feud for a couple weeks. Steph said he's looking forward to his end-of-the-season exit interview with LB, Isiah and Dolan so he'll have a chance to vent, so I'll set April 20 as the day it all explodes again.

David (Pembroke Pines, FL): Dwayne Wade is playing at an exceptional level. What do think are truly his chances of being selected as MVP?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: As much as I like him, his chances this year are zero. I get the feeling Steve Nash is going to garner more support than anyone else, although it'll be interesting to see how Tony Parker does against him tonight. I still feel Parker merits some serious MVP consideration, but if I had to cast a ballot today I'd probably go with Nash.

Jess (Seattle): I know the Jazz ended up losing to Orlando in OT the other night, but how bout Boozer and Okur?? Is Boozer back to his old self now that he's starting, and do you think the Jazz will keep him around after this year?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: I know there were some pretty serious discussions around the trade deadline for a three-way deal that would have sent him to the Lakers, with the Jazz getting Troy Murphy in return. I believe Utah will revisit the idea of moving Boozer in the offseason, as he's their best trade commodity not named Andrei or Mehmet. Another priority will be finding a shooting guard, and I could see them making another run at Maggette if they feel his foot injury is not something that will continue to dog him through his career.

Don (Wash, DC): Given that Washington has beat Detroit twice this year, do you think the Pistons would rather see a higher seed like the Nets or the Cavs instead of the Wizards?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: Yes, I think they'd prefer to play NJ or Cleveland, but they'd handle the Wizards in a seven-game series. detroit would have won that first meeting if Ben Wallace hit a free throw at the end of regulation. Instead, he missed and they lost in OT.

steve(lbc) : What are the chances for Kobe winning for MVP? Watching every laker game it is evident to me that he is the MVP...

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: He is the best, but he has NOT been more valuable to his team (in terms of producing victories) as Nash has been in Phoenix, Chauncey has been in Detroit or Parker has been in SA. Voters look at wins.

Matt (atl): Is Big Al really the best free agent on the market this summer? What teams are going to be bidding for his services and what will the hawks demand in a sign and trade?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: If the price is right (a multi-year deal starting at around $9 million), I believe the Hawks will keep him. If he feels he can get more, Al will have his agent look at every sign-and-trade scenario imaginable. The Knicks are very interested, but I don't think the Hawks would do a deal with them unless Channing Frye was in it. The Knicks would also have to throw in another $8-9 million in salaries to make the trade work, and they don't have much other than Frye that Atlanta likes. I believe the teams with substantial cap room (Bulls, Raptors) think Al's price is going to be too high.

Isiah (New York): Which team (maybe the knicks) would be most interested in signing Latrell Spreewell?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: No, not the Knicks. But Sam Cassell was trying to get in touch with Spree a couple weeks ago to speak to him about joining the Clippers. I think the team that would benefit most by adding him is his hometown team, the Bucks. But Spree's intentions are one of the biggest mysteries in the NBA. He hasn't said a word publicly since the end of last season. We'll have to just wait and see.

Todd (South Bend): Is Duncan in danger of not making first team All-NBA?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: He's in danger of not making second team.

Aaorn (phx): Why doesn't Shawn Marion every get consideration for Defensive Player of the Year? He's on pace to become the first player in NBA history to finish in the top 5 in rebounds and steal twice. The only other player who did it (one time) was David Robinsion. Marion guards all 5 positions unlike Bowen or Ben Wallace. So why doesn't he get more respect? If here were on the Spurs or Pistons, he'd be the run away favorite!

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: I and other have said it before, and I'll say it again. Matrix is BY FAR the most underrated player in the league, and he doesn't get enough props for his defense because he plays on an offensive-minded team. That's why he'll probably finih fourth this year behind Bowen Artest and Sheed in Defensive Player of the Year voting.

Deen(Fort Worth): Record. OK. Mavs have one of the best. All Stars. Mavs have 1. Everyone else on your list has 2 atleast. Take your own logic and give Dirk some credit.

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: My bad for leaving him off that short list in an earlier answer. It's slights like that that make people think we're Mavs haters here at ESPN. Nothing could be further from the truth, especially in Stein's case.

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: Gonna wrap it up for today. A guy in Quebec and a guy posting under Jeff Van Gundy's name are clogging up the chat queue. It's unfortunate, because each of them posted good questions, but I'm not going to reward people for jamming up the question queue and slowing down the chat. Sorry to sound like such a whiner, but it's hard enough for a Luudite like myself to use this software when it's operating at peak efficiency. Peace out, and enjoy the games tonight. There are a lot of good ones (and I'm not talking about the NCAA games).
AUTOADVERT
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
3/17/2006  2:01 PM
An offer of Robinson, Lee, and expiring contract of Taylor (so numbers work and gives Atlanta a future trading chip) should be enough for Harrington. Frye will most likely end up better than Harrington, so he should be off limits.
edsonline
3/17/2006  2:05 PM
Taylor's contract and the two first round picks should be enough as well. Harrington is good, but he's not worth giving up a potential future All-Star.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
3/17/2006  2:25 PM
What's with all the love for Harrington?

Only way I want him is if it's for Marbury.... otherwise, hold onto the assets....

Oh.... and Dlee and Nate should be untouchable.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
edsonline
3/17/2006  2:37 PM
Marbury > Harrington
Harrington > Robinson and Lee
chris sheridan chat wrap

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy