[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hip Hop assimilation
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/17/2006  9:21 AM

Lets look at Marbs and Iverson. Two tough kids from tough backgrounds with extreme talent. Allan needed a governers pardon to not go to jail and this is how he was allowed to Georgetown.

Allan along the way matured and is still keeping to his culture, but has managed to compromise and blend in his repsponsablilty toward his team and profession.

Marbs is still fighting and appears mistrusting of coaches and teammates. Thus he feels he must do it all and prefers to fail on his own sword than leave himself vulnerabe and others fail him. This is just my opinion.

All along the way Steph feels like he must be in control and as usually the best player on the court must "bring it on" to succeed. And, its a business that demands stats!

I continue to hope he matures and learns to trust his teammates and coaches. when Jordan did, wonderful things happened!
AUTOADVERT
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/17/2006  11:09 AM
?
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/17/2006  11:14 AM
fail on his own sword

!!!!

your wordplay is always great.

if it's a typo, your fingers have minds of ther own!

McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/17/2006  11:20 AM
your wordplay is always great.

truly
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Nalod
USA
3/17/2006  11:02 PM
Posted by Marv:
fail on his own sword

!!!!

your fingers have minds of ther own!

Thats what I tell my wife!

No typo, I was playing like usual.

All work and no joy make Nalod a dull boy.

rojasmas
Member: #639
3/18/2006  12:40 AM
"So you're the HOF coach who makes ten mil a year and the team is 17-45? Yeah, it's the players' fault..." The knife cuts both ways.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
rojasmas
Member: #639
3/18/2006  1:00 AM
Maybe we should have hired a lesser coach who won us 16 games and saved ourselves, I don't know, maybe 8 million!
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Nalod
USA
3/18/2006  8:37 AM
Posted by rojasmas:

"So you're the HOF coach who makes ten mil a year and the team is 17-45? Yeah, it's the players' fault..." The knife cuts both ways.

Of course it cuts both ways. If its a Ginsu! Cuts a brick, and then a tomato!

Roja, With this record, nobody is saying thie is Larry's finest moment at all. There is lots of "blame" to go around.

My feeling is it takes time for a coach to put his stamp in a team that has no charactor. Sure larry has been a fault for not being able to settle on a line up. But look at it this way: this team was far from established! Isiah (part blame) has made like 47 roster changes in 2.5 years! Thats a lot. Look at it this way, Larry is not happy with the combonations to choose from.

Wrong coach for the right players? There is no basis of success to say that.

Right coach with the wrong players? Might be more accurate. Can't say there is a clear cut choice. Malik is undersized, Frye has been incosistant. Mo T. gets hurt. Antonio was a flake and got traded. Theres Three PF.s. SF? Pick from Reezy, Barnes, Qrich, DLee, Jaelen, Malik, and of late Qdog. Reezy can't shoot, Barnes was nothing special, Qrich back and other issues, DLee rookie inconsistancy, Jaelen late comer, malik is a PF, and Qdog is still inconsistant. Again no clear cut choice. Guard play you have one consistant and thats marbs. Who has played well in my opinion. Center is self explainitory.

One might say Larry has given just about every player a chance to step up and earn time. Many coaches don't do that! They Bury players. Maybe we can praise him for trying that?

Maybe we are so accustomed to the comic book theory that for every misjustice there must be a villian to lay blame on.

Hows this for positive spinning:

We have an owner who "spends" too much!

A GM who trades too much

A coach who offers too many opportunities to his players.

We have a Star point guard who puts up stats very close to Oscar Robertson type numbers!

We have a over zelous rookie shooting guard who does not have to be burdened with height!

We have a handsome white kid can THAT CAN jump!

We have a small forward who lkes dogs!

A third string back up center who has a healthy appetite!

A great shooting rookie PF!

A second "franchise" talent guard!

A 23 year old center who is maturing!

Etc etc.

LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
3/18/2006  9:59 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Marv:
fail on his own sword

!!!!

The Shining! Yes!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/18/2006  12:57 PM
Posted by LongIslandKnicksFan:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Marv:
fail on his own sword

!!!!

The Shining! Yes!

Imagine if Nicholson had had access to the internet!!!!
Hip Hop assimilation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy