[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Brown and Marbury work it out
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
3/16/2006  7:46 PM
If Marbury is on a winning Knick team in the next 3 years, I will nominate LB for a Nobel Prize in Peronality management. I don't see Marbury doing it.

Why did he have to say he wasn't scared? Why? That is a defiant stance. He could have just let it go.
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/16/2006  8:14 PM
I noticed that to, GoNY.....I deon't understand why everything is a continual pissing contest with Steph, but it is what it is. Steph could be one of the best in the NBA at the point if he listens to Brown.

Now if he would only stop the d!ck measuring.
~You can't run from who you are.~
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/16/2006  8:26 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

now that is funny. don't hate. when you graduate high school maybe daddy will get you some tix.

I'm with you bro...I have read some of your post and it's always positive...Heres to Marbs and Brown working things out...Power to more love...

eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/16/2006  8:31 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by rvhoss:

now that is funny. don't hate. when you graduate high school maybe daddy will get you some tix.

I'm with you bro...I have read some of your post and it's always positive...Heres to Marbs and Brown working things out...Power to more love...

Do me a favor and find the hate in this post where I said that I hope everything works out with Marbury.
Posted by eViL:
"He flexed a real hard juice card, I know that," Marbury said.

Quote of the year!!!

I sincerely hope that the Knicks can win with Marbury. I feel like trading Marbury would set us back. Granted, if that's what has to happen for us to eventually succeed, then so be it. I just think the quickest route to success is for him to buy into the team thing and let go of his personal agenda. We'll see. Hopefully Marbury flexes a real hard team synergy card.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
3/16/2006  8:53 PM
as far as im concerned, if the two can coexists for the better of the team, than hey, ive got no problems with it, however if marbury starts being a dumb*** again i will without a doubt want him outta here

I like marbury as a player, but he doesnt seem to realize that brown maybe the only person who can turn his career around
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/16/2006  8:58 PM
Spin.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2006  9:19 PM
Posted by eViL:
Posted by rvhoss:

HAHA!! RV, is that who buys you your tix? You're a clown.

Let me say that bragging on an internet forum really establishes you. I don't drop things about my personal life on this forum because the forum isn't about me. It's about the Knicks. I'm not the punk who felt it necessary to liken himself to Spike Lee.

[Edited by - eViL on 03-16-2006 7:31 PM]

dude, be real, you are dropping those mad Photoshop skillz on us every week showing off your stuff. Toot your own horn already.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/16/2006  9:30 PM
Posted by martin:

dude, be real, you are dropping those mad Photoshop skillz on us every week showing off your stuff. Toot your own horn already.

Sorry Martin, but us self-made trillionaires really don't like to brag.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
holfresh

3/16/2006  10:10 PM

Excerps from Public Enemy's Brothers Gonna Work It Out...

So many of us in limbo
How to get it on, it's quite simple
3 stones from the sun
We need a piece of this rock
Our goal indestructible soul
Answers to this quizzin'
To the Brothers in the streetSchools and the prisons
History shouldn't be a mystery
Our stories real history
Not his story
We gonna work it one day
Till we all get paid
The right way in full, no bull
Talkin', no walkin', drivin', arrivin' in style
Soon you'll see what I'm talkin' 'bout
'Cause one day
The brothers gonna work it out
Brothers, brothers gonna work it out
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2006  10:27 PM
"He flexed a real hard juice card, I know that," Marbury said. "So he definitely made me aware of what he can do. But that doesn't scare me at all."

This line really perplexes me. It shows me that Marbs cannot back down from a challange. I dig his competitive fire and talent, but he needs to take his raw attitude and compromise for the good of the team.

What he must realize is at the end of the day, Larry will get his cred, but marbs can get the glory and a lifetime of hero worshipping in this city!

Oscar Robertson had a similar rap on him at cincinatti, when he won with the bucks, it all came together for him.

I would urge Marbs to cool down and understand that the hard street edge he has must temper and learn to trust others. he cannot lead, nor be lead himself unless he learns to trust. I see him as a lone wolf who has had to rely on himself to obtain the success he has. Financially he is secure, and his legend of talent is there. But he cannot be a winner unless he harmonizes with others in the organization.

Larry understands this and unserstands (unlike many coaches)what marbury can offer.

Maybe this is what is needed to bring this all together.

We all love a comeback story.

Ebony and Ivory, living together...................
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/16/2006  10:33 PM
Posted by holfresh:

So many of us in limbo
3 stones from the sun
Answers to this quizzin'
Our stories real history
Not his story
We gonna work it one day
Till we all get paid
'Cause one day

great song...in fact, my favorite on that album.

in fact, i LOVED "it takes a nation of millions..." but "fear of a black planet" is right behind it.
holfresh

3/16/2006  10:37 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by holfresh:

So many of us in limbo
3 stones from the sun
Answers to this quizzin'
Our stories real history
Not his story
We gonna work it one day
Till we all get paid
'Cause one day

great song...in fact, my favorite on that album.

in fact, i LOVED "it takes a nation of millions..." but "fear of a black planet" is right behind it.

I only wish I was able to post the sountrack on this site..but I'm not that technically inclined...

Great song as you say....

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/16/2006  11:09 PM
so which one of our guys is Air Hoodlum
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/17/2006  12:58 AM
This is getting mighty ridiculous. Marbs should really just let it go. I really hope this exchange between them stops after this.
Posted by joec32033:

I noticed that to, GoNY.....I deon't understand why everything is a continual pissing contest with Steph, but it is what it is. Steph could be one of the best in the NBA at the point if he listens to Brown.

Now if he would only stop the d!ck measuring.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/17/2006  1:08 AM
i just watched their quotes on sportsnet ny (who btw is ALREADY 10X better in their coverage of the knicks than the sorry excuse of a channel that MSG is). this is clearly a case of just making nice-nice till the end of the season. marbury will be traded, it's just a matter of when and for whom.

the IDEAL trade would be to memphis for eddie jones. i don't know if isiah/lb are smooth enough to get it done with west. he'll probably end up in atlanta or minny. i have NO CLUE what we're gonna get in return tho.
Bippity10
Member: #574
3/17/2006  11:23 AM
This all goes back to waht Bippity has been saying for years. It has to be about team and not individuals. Our organization has pitted individual against individual for years.

Think about even our mentality. We are pointing out that Q was LB's decision and not Isiah's. It should always be the coach's decision. If the GM is getting players that the coach does not want than you are creating havoc and a me vs. you attitude. It's LB's job to tell Zeke who he wants, or the type of players he wants. And it is Zeke's job to go out and get them. Why do we pit them against each other? We can only win if they are on the same page.

Same goes for Marbs. This talk about systems is nonsense. There is no such thing as a good or bad system. You can win games by running the same play over and over again if the players execute. But what you need is for the players and the coach to be on the same page and execute the system regardless of what it is. Marbs is just echoing what the Pistons players said earlier. Taht is the only reason why he is commenting on LB's "system". He doesn't realize that everytime he strays from what the coach is saying, he is hurting his own chance of winning. When will he ever realize this???

The Pistons are a great team because LB gave them a base of knowledge on the right way to play. Once that fundamental knowledge is ingrained in your head, style of play becomes less important. At that point, when guys are playing hard, playing d and sharing the ball you can hand them any system and they will be successful. That's what we are trying to do here. LB must not give into any prima donna's. If Steph doesn't follow he must sit.
I just hope that people will like me
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/17/2006  1:02 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

“They played great. That’s the style we have to play,” stressed Marbury. “If you play great defense for Coach, he’ll allow you to do whatever you want to do as far as running and pushing the ball. But if we’re not playing defense, he doesn’t want you to just outscore the opponent.”
“That’s his priority. That’s his approach. And I’m down for what’s right. And I’m still committed to do exactly what he’s been asking.”

i hope the rest of you got your bitchin and moaning out of your systems.

It's not about pointing fingers...these are OUR knicks, and it's time to stop figuring out why we suck and thinking about where we are headed.

I know that martin and the other mods like to see the negativity because it brings discussion and awareness to the board, and that's how you build a successfull site...and maybe I'm a little like marbury where I take some of these "I hate marburry" posts as seriously as him and feel the need to not defend marbs, but remind you all that EVERYONE is to blame.

so, I post a photo that says stop bitching and the mods take it down...was it because I was pro knicks and anti the majority of the board and keeping the press from discovering the board?

Nope, they just hated marbury too and wanted to make sure freedom of speech only applied to those posting and keeping the board alive for possible whatever.

I'm going to continue my posts and keep up the love of our beloved knicks and like spike lee, keep my court side seats.

when we turn it around with both marbs and LB and the youth, i wanna see some major attitude shifts in this board...starting with the mods.

No wonder you like Marbury so much and defend him like you do. You both love playing the victim.

Get over it already.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Brown and Marbury work it out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy