THe blame game.........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2006  11:10 AM

Simple really.

The root is chemistry. not just the player types, but the collection of overpaid underachievers. The money and contract status does not allow for coachable players.

Steph has taken all the critisisms this year personal. Its just coaching, nothing more. I have heard larry praise Statbury, and be critical of him. Likewise I have heard Larry berate himself and take responsability. He is the coach.

Steph being steph does not take responsabiilty. He is incincere and lacks humility.

Now its not just steph, but this latest media sound byte he started this week was silly. Steph wants the shackles released and let them just play. Why? Does this produce winning? Maybe a few more wins, but does it help rebounding, block shots, stops, turnovers and fouls?
No! It helps steph look good, but does not make us a winning team. Maybe short term improvement, but not a winning team.

Why Stephs outcry now? Last week Dolan and Isiah backed Larry and preached the team to be a team. They win two games. This was a smack in Marbs face, he no longer had hand, and lost his place as the team diva. So what does he do? Back the defensive effort? No! Back his coaches? No! Rant about Starbury? Yeah. In the difining moment of the team they get blown out by the Bobcats and what does steph do? He admires the freedom of the Bobcats. A team with 1/4th the talent of our knicks!

ITs been a good basketball life for steph. He makes a fortune playing with no accountabilty to winning. He produces and has gotten his way everywhere he went. When it turns sour, there was always another team willing to take him on. Twice he has been accomadated to play at "home" and twice he has made it sour. Isiah in hopes of turning him into a leader really sucked up to him and inflated his ego even more. Even at the cost of alienating some of the players. That is stopping, and we see Marbs response. A hissy fit.

What to do? Sure its easy to say trade him, but for what? $50 million is a freaking lot of money. To bad the "houston exemption" is not this summer. But really, what can we do with this malcontent?

AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/16/2006  11:24 AM
let's just face it... the guy has no clue whatsoever of what it takes to be a winner in the NBA... he's only concerned about making himself look good, just like you said... he'd rather lose while putting up big #'s so he makes the ESPN highlights, then win & scoring 0 points while doing all the other things necessary to help your team win, like Jason Kidd did the other night...

get this guy on the next yellow cab out of town... he doesn't deserve to wear the Blue & Orange.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
3/16/2006  11:53 AM
Agreed. I am tired of his BS. It is really childish. The guy never grew up. He was catered to all his life and does not know how to be a member of a team.

Sad, so much wasted talent.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/16/2006  1:02 PM
excellent post nalod, I want to post this on realgm if you don't mind, we have a lot of larry bashing children on that site that need to read this. Here is something I also noticed. Nate last night said, we (young guys) were just in there playing together like a team, it was like a college atmosphere, everyone playing together, helping each other, and when you look at it, guys like nate, lee, frye were all well respected and good college teamates, loved by their coaches and teamates.

I remember marbs days back at G'Tech, I was here in Atlanta, He did not get along with some of the players, one being Drew Barry, the young of the Barry Brothers, he told Drew, that if he didn't start passing him the ball, he would kick his ass.

This is marbury in a nutshell, and why he has been a loser wherever he has gone...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
USA
3/16/2006  1:46 PM
Posted by tkf:

excellent post nalod, I want to post this on realgm if you don't mind, we have a lot of larry bashing children on that site that need to read this. Here is something I also noticed. Nate last night said, we (young guys) were just in there playing together like a team, it was like a college atmosphere, everyone playing together, helping each other, and when you look at it, guys like nate, lee, frye were all well respected and good college teamates, loved by their coaches and teamates.

I remember marbs days back at G'Tech, I was here in Atlanta, He did not get along with some of the players, one being Drew Barry, the young of the Barry Brothers, he told Drew, that if he didn't start passing him the ball, he would kick his ass.

This is marbury in a nutshell, and why he has been a loser wherever he has gone...

RePost as you like. THey likely won't get it. The young just see "steph bringing it on!" and larry as indesisive. Im not saying Larry has not done a bang up job this year, but in his 31 years has he ever had a player so self absorbed?

[Edited by - nalod on 03-16-2006 1:50 PM]
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/16/2006  2:23 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Why Stephs outcry now? Last week Dolan and Isiah backed Larry and preached the team to be a team. They win two games. This was a smack in Marbs face, he no longer had hand, and lost his place as the team diva. So what does he do? Back the defensive effort? No! Back his coaches? No! Rant about Starbury? Yeah. In the difining moment of the team they get blown out by the Bobcats and what does steph do? He admires the freedom of the Bobcats. A team with 1/4th the talent of our knicks!

you're only giving one side of the story here Nalod.

how many times during the season Brown make comments about the other teams PG? Saying that thats how a PG should play.

Didn't he make those similar comments about Knight after that same game against the Bobcats?

Maybe this is way Marbury blew the way he did....maybe we, the fans, only get a glimpse of whats going on....for all we know Marbury has been hearing this all season in practice and behind closed doors.

"Be more like C.Billups..."

"Play more like J.Kidd..."

"You have to do it like B.Knight does it..."

there has to be a reason why Marbury did what he did....I don't believe that Marbury just said "you know what...today seems like a good day to piss coach and everyone else, off"

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/16/2006  2:33 PM
"Be more like C.Billups..."

"Play more like J.Kidd..."

"You have to do it like B.Knight does it..."

coincidentally, all 3 of those guys play good, fundamental, TEAM oriented style basketball... hmm, noticing a pattern there? i wonder why LB would say things like that? maybe to send ME-bury a message that this is how he wants him to play? just a wild guess... of course, ME-bury being the type of player he is, takes comments like this as a personal diss & feels disrespected... unreal how clueless this guy is.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
USA
3/16/2006  4:03 PM
Maybe larry goes home every nite and rants:

"everyday, over and over again I plead, beg, offer, demostrate, instruct, grovel, compliment, compare, over and over and still he don't get it"!

IM sure in practice this goes on all the time, and for larry to sarcastically say he took Haywood workman and Eric snow to success says "I got the formula, just follow it!".

Larry has coached for 31 years and never bitched like this in the media. All year long:

"I gotta find a line up"
" Im still looking"
"I gotta coach better"
"I gotta do a better job"
"Its me"

as well as:

"we got rookies"
"I aint' got vets"
"I need leadership" Etc.......

whats the captain saying?

"WE don't understand what to do?"
"Tah Dah! Starbury to the rescue!"

tkf
3/16/2006  4:06 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by tkf:

RePost as you like. THey likely won't get it. The young just see "steph bringing it on!" and larry as indesisive. Im not saying Larry has not done a bang up job this year, but in his 31 years has he ever had a player so self absorbed?
[Edited by - nalod on 03-16-2006 1:50 PM]

Dude, marbury tops the list... LOL..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/16/2006  4:09 PM
The Haywood workman and Eric snow comments were not an insult to marbury, Larry is telling him, Be a team player, you have the skill to be the best team player there is, Larry has won with lesser talents at the PG position, that is the point, his system works, why marbury is fighting this is beyond reason!!!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/16/2006  4:09 PM
another anti marbury rant...great.
all kool aid all the time.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/16/2006  5:36 PM
Wearing number 3, from Georgia Tech, at point guard, please welcome...

STEPHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN MARBABY!!!

[IMG_block] http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1797/marbaby1oj.jpg [/IMG_block]
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/16/2006  5:48 PM
Yeah that's right LB has coached the rest of the team so well that they don't play D, lead the league in TO's and all this while Steph has been the one player that has actually performed all year. Steph's TO's per game are at an all time low for him and yet its Steph's fault that the team avg's 17.4 TO's a game. Its Steph's fault that LB never got a set lineup or rotation, thus killing any chemistry the team might have developed. LB is the one who started all these words in the press instead of being a man and talking to his players directly. Go ahead and blame Steph, even tho the team went 1-10 when he was out. What was LB's excuse then?
eViL
USA
3/16/2006  6:01 PM
You guys all owe so much loyalty to Steph as if he ever brought success to this team. You fail to recognize that in this whole war of words between LB and Steph, LB has been preaching "team" and Steph has been preaching "me". Recently, coaches and GM's around the league voted LB one of the best coaches in the game. Similarly, players around the league all voted Stephon as the most overrated player.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
eViL
USA
3/16/2006  6:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2203601

Scroll to the bottom:
New Knicks coach Larry Brown was picked as the best coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=underratedallstars&prov=st&type=lgns

Also towards the bottom.
The poll also asked who was the most overrrated player in the NBA. Atop that list was New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury with 12 percent.
eViL
USA
3/16/2006  6:07 PM
It's amazing that one of these two is respected by his peers and the other isn't, but for some reason the Marbury Dick-Riders club struggles on. Most of those who are backing Larry Brown haven't absolved him of all blame. They merely chose to pick the side of the guy who is known as a winner.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2006  6:38 PM
Posted by eViL:

Most of those who are backing Larry Brown haven't absolved him of all blame. They merely chose to pick the side of the guy who is known as a winner.

I think that's the part most are missing.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/16/2006  6:47 PM
i disagree. most of those that are backign LB have the most venom to spew and are the most critical of others.

if the mods actually paid attention to the lopsided polls, they would realize that it's not about picking a side, both are to blame.
eViL
USA
3/16/2006  6:56 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

i disagree. most of those that are backign LB have the most venom to spew and are the most critical of others.

if the mods actually paid attention to the lopsided polls, they would realize that it's not about picking a side, both are to blame.

Well, if you listen to LB's quotes, he seems willing to accept responsibility. On the other hand, Marbury seems to be placing the blame squarely on the coach.

[Edited by - eViL on 03-16-2006 6:57 PM]
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/16/2006  7:00 PM
well, if you paid attention to the timeline, you'd realize that only after marbs called out the coach, did he accept responsibility, and only after marbs sounded off in the press, did LB squash it...similar to philly where LB turned the fans against AI and then made peace and they turned it around together.

the fact that you are still BLAMING marbury is what this post is all about...why can't both be the blame? if there is a blame.

or do we all have to take a side this week...then when we win 5 games in a row, we take marbs side again, then when we lose...

i'm still trying to figure out this message board thing...do you flop like the wind based on teh back pages, or are you fan of the team and BEG for a future but want the wins and all that stuff.

You beg for youth, zeke gets you three rookies, you beg for a coach and a future, zeke gets you that, now you want a 60 win season or marbury has to be shoved under a bus.

you should change your screenname to the new york post.
THe blame game.........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy