[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Jackie Butler Were In The Draft Where Would He Rank?
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/16/2006  9:11 AM
From NBA.Draft net

Butler is a physical monster standing 6-9, 255 pounds but he doesn’t use it to his advantage. He is extremely slow and doesn’t pick up his feet when going back in transition. He is inconsistent on defense as well. Memo to Jackie: Plant yourself on the block, hit the weights, and get some elevation. If he does that, then we will be talking about a force.

To Butler’s credit, he does show flashes of brilliance. He knows he’s bigger than everyone at the high school level. But the SEC is a different story. When he attends Mississippi State, he’ll have an opportunity to play on a good team with promising players and in a conference that produces good power forwards. The future is ultimately in Butler’s hands.20 years old with a strong variety of post moves.

I like how Jackie has been quielty developing confidence in the post

I like how he played last night with clutch rebounds and clutch free throws

He's only 20
once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/16/2006  9:18 AM
JB's body still has some developing to do.

For me the most telling (and positive thing) I've seen from JB was a couple of games ago. He got his shot blocked resulting in a fast break. There was a quick outlet pass and the opposing player had a layup. Then flying down the court was JB to block the shot and go flying in the camera row. It showed the no quit that LB loves along with some quickness and hustle.

JB has a soft touch and very good hands. He needs to get stronger and quicker but at the worst I think he's a good bench player for years to come.

Could be become a self made Brad Miller type? Sure. Its up to him. He's doing well. He's learning. He's playing hard. He's showing improvement.

I think he would be early 2nd round, maybe late first if the draft was weak. He's a tweener. Little to slow for PF in the NBA, little to small for C. He would be on someone's roster though
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/16/2006  9:30 AM
JB would be great in Sac-Town. No pressure to succeed and good owners, coach, system.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

3/16/2006  9:50 AM
As is, probably anywhere from mid/low 2nd round to undrafted. But if he went to college and developed at a good program who knows...
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
3/16/2006  9:52 AM
...and to think that Jackie Butler's only 20 years old...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/16/2006  10:08 AM
i love Jackie Butler... he's got that old school type game & build... he should grow out his sideburns & flash some bling when he comes into the Garden... i can just picture him playing with Clyde back in the day.

"ah yes... Jackie B swooping in with the sweet stuff!"
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
misterearl
USA
3/16/2006  10:17 AM
fish,mike - can you name the big men coming out this year who are better than Jackir Butler?

islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/16/2006  10:22 AM
Posted by misterearl:

fish,mike - can you name the big men coming out this year who are better than Jackir Butler?

You're right Misterearl, JB would be the consensus #1 pick overall if he came out now. Teams would be tanking their seasons just for a shot at him.

In fact, if every Knick were in the draft this year they would take up spots 1-15.

Anything else???
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
fishmike
USA
3/16/2006  10:23 AM
it doesnt matter... Is JB better than Peter Ramos or Jackson Vrohman? Probably, yet those guys got drafted and Jackie didnt.

If you have a point make it
misterearl
USA
3/16/2006  10:25 AM
>If you have a point make it

No point. I just enjoy hanging out with you experts
misterearl
USA
3/16/2006  10:28 AM
Oh yeah, in the immortal words of Bill Murray, "it just doesn't matter" where Jackie Butler is drafted

Its where he finishes

Last night he finished strong

what's the problem?
fishmike
USA
3/16/2006  10:40 AM
the problem is if you enjoyed watching him play its a shame there is about $25mm worth of veteran garbage playing in front of him. Thats the problem. Kinda pathetic huh.

Why watch young hungry guys like Jackie B, Nate, Lee and Woods play hard on both sides of the ball when you can trade players like that for multi millionaire superstars that better know how to play then their hall of fame coach despite the fact that all they have ever done in the league is pad a stat sheet, collect a paycheck and sit home watching the playoffs year after year.

Ask your buddy Isiah that... would love to hear his answer. Thats my problem. I guess you dont mind so much Earl
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2006  10:44 AM
Posted by TMS:

i love Jackie Butler... he's got that old school type game & build... he should grow out his sideburns & flash some bling when he comes into the Garden... i can just picture him playing with Clyde back in the day.

"ah yes... Jackie B swooping in with the sweet stuff!"

We had a name for that years ago. We called him "Willis".
fishmike
USA
3/16/2006  10:51 AM
by the Earl... maybe Amare wasnt in shoes when you stood next to him because he's 6'10 in shoes. 2 inches taller than QWoods.

http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/predraft_sizes_02.pdf

Dont take my word for it... but thats cool. No need to bother with facts or reality.

Isiah is great because our 'yoots' are the best young core in the league
QWoods is better than Amare Stoudemire
Duncan has nothing on Lee
It aint my money
We arent 18-45
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2006  10:55 AM
too bad Jackie didn't stay in school. Going to a prime time school for 3 years he would have been a mid-first rounder IMHO.

They guy is a old school back to the basket player. Half the athletism of Curry but twice the know-how of what to do in the post.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/16/2006  10:57 AM
jackie blue knows how to play like a big man.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/16/2006  11:02 AM
Posted by martin:

too bad Jackie didn't stay in school. Going to a prime time school for 3 years he would have been a mid-first rounder IMHO.

They guy is a old school back to the basket player. Half the athletism of Curry but twice the know-how of what to do in the post.

I agree with that Martin. When I look at Jackie, I see a ton of effort, he's always trying his hardest out there. What he lacks are the fundamentals of a big man who went to college, sounds like another Center on the Knicks, who just happens to have more natural talent. Butler will continue to get better as he works with Aguirre becuase right now he looks like he should look for a young big man who skipped college. I have a feeling Jackie will end up a pretty decent player, it's going to take a few years for it to happen though.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/16/2006  11:04 AM
It's hard to say because he would be getting more PT in college, and learning the game, so his value could be higher or lower than we might think.
misterearl
USA
3/16/2006  11:05 AM
fish.mike - I only care about the franchise getting better. The only reason you cats get ruffled over my defense of Isiah is because it runs counter to your agenda to bring in (fill in the blanks) as GM. That's cool.

It's a free (speech) country right?

If you have a realistic master plan I would love to read it having said that, basketball for me is entertainment. Getting red in the face is saved for important issues like my daughter putting her cel phone in the washing machine.

djsunyc - how loud did it get when David Lee threw down the third dunk?

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/16/2006  11:08 AM
Posted by misterearl:

djsunyc - how loud did it get when David Lee threw down the third dunk?

not only loud, but the crowd jumped up out of their seats. the qyntel dunk was loud. crowd LOVES nate. LOVES nate. they know he's a bonehead but he brings this unbridled energy along with david that was the staple of the 6 game win streak. jackie blue left us all flabbergasted...where i was like "jackie blue?!?!?!"
If Jackie Butler Were In The Draft Where Would He Rank?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy