[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who would you pick if we had the number 1 pick and Eddy Curry was in the draft?
Author Thread
CaZeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #845
3/15/2006  7:59 PM
Everyone talks about how how horrible the Eddy Curry trade was. I'm sure everyone's going to say I'm an idiot, but if we had the number one pick right now, and Eddy Curry was in this draft, I'd pick him. Who's going to go #1? Morrisson? I think he's over-rated and will be average in the NBA. I can't see anyone in this draft I'd rather have than Eddy Curry.

So who would you guys pick with this imaginary #1 draft pick and Eddy Curry in the pool?
AUTOADVERT
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
3/15/2006  8:07 PM
Aldridge.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/15/2006  8:28 PM
Posted by CaZeek:

Everyone talks about how how horrible the Eddy Curry trade was. I'm sure everyone's going to say I'm an idiot, but if we had the number one pick right now, and Eddy Curry was in this draft, I'd pick him. Who's going to go #1? Morrisson? I think he's over-rated and will be average in the NBA. I can't see anyone in this draft I'd rather have than Eddy Curry.

So who would you guys pick with this imaginary #1 draft pick and Eddy Curry in the pool?

You are not an idiot.....They would all pick Curry...It's just the Isiah haters who keeps beating the point to death about the first pick...

CaZeek
3/15/2006  8:36 PM
Aldridge is the only other guy I'd really even give a look. I'm actually going through one of the mock draft sites now:

1 Adam Morrison
2 Rudy Gay
3 LaMarcus Aldridge
4 Shawne Williams
5 Andrea Bargnani
6 Tiago Splitter
7 JJ Redick
8 Rodney Carney
9 Ronnie Brewer
10 Rajon Rondo

Aldridge is the only one I could make an argument for. The rest are just bleh.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/15/2006  8:55 PM
Posted by CaZeek:

Aldridge is the only other guy I'd really even give a look. I'm actually going through one of the mock draft sites now:

1 Adam Morrison
2 Rudy Gay
3 LaMarcus Aldridge
4 Shawne Williams
5 Andrea Bargnani
6 Tiago Splitter
7 JJ Redick
8 Rodney Carney
9 Ronnie Brewer
10 Rajon Rondo

Aldridge is the only one I could make an argument for. The rest are just bleh.

The same way Curry is just bleh. Stop with the rationalizations already. I'm sure it would be impossible to find someone in the draft who would have given us 14 pts, 6 rebs and no defense, no heart and no desire. Oh and we didn't just trade this years pick for Curry.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/15/2006  8:57 PM
"Isiah haters" aren't saying that Eddie is not better than the guys on the list about (at least the rational ones aren't). What everyone is complaining about is the lack of protection on the pick. I mean, think of it this way - we have the Spurs pick this year. They Spurs have been a perennial contender, in the playoffs every year. Guess what? The pick we have of theirs is lottery protected. If they, as a contender, felt the need to protect their pick just in case misfortune strikes, how could Isiah, as GM of a non-playoff team, make such a miscalculated move?
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/15/2006  8:59 PM
curry without even thinking, his college numbers would be sick.... He would be first overall, and I would take him..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
3/15/2006  9:13 PM
4 offensive fouls in the 3rd quarter.

I'm goin with Aldridge.......
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
holfresh

3/15/2006  9:15 PM
Posted by eViL:

"Isiah haters" aren't saying that Eddie is not better than the guys on the list about (at least the rational ones aren't). What everyone is complaining about is the lack of protection on the pick. I mean, think of it this way - we have the Spurs pick this year. They Spurs have been a perennial contender, in the playoffs every year. Guess what? The pick we have of theirs is lottery protected. If they, as a contender, felt the need to protect their pick just in case misfortune strikes, how could Isiah, as GM of a non-playoff team, make such a miscalculated move?

You are not getting Curry if that pick is lottery protected...They even went on to swap picks if neccessary in 2007....Why would you think Chicago would do the deal with the Knicks with lottery protection....
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
3/15/2006  9:21 PM
The problem with this comparison, which has been raised on multiple ocassions, is that the current Curry is not the same as Curry with 4 years of college ball.

The evidence is getting stronger that players with college experience tend to be more mature. I think this has to do with several factors, but had Curry went to college I suspect he'd be more developed than he is after 4 years in the NBA.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
McK1
Member: #964
3/15/2006  9:22 PM
Posted by holfresh:

You are not getting Curry if that pick is lottery protected...They even went on to swap picks if neccessary in 2007....Why would you think Chicago would do the deal with the Knicks with lottery protection....

it was necessary to the deal to begin with why?
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
3/15/2006  9:25 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by eViL:

There is rampant speculation that no one else but the Knicks were willing to take on Curry at that point. If that is the case, then there is certainly a case to be made for holding out for protection. If not, then that's a different story, but teams do often seek some kind of protection of picks place inr similar deals.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
holfresh

3/15/2006  9:33 PM
Posted by PresIke:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by eViL:

There is rampant speculation that no one else but the Knicks were willing to take on Curry at that point. If that is the case, then there is certainly a case to be made for holding out for protection. If not, then that's a different story, but teams do often seek some kind of protection of picks place inr similar deals.

What imcompetant fool will give you Curry for the 300 lbs Sweetney and a mid first round pick?

Think about that...

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/15/2006  9:36 PM
But don't forget Paxson had boxed himself in a corner with the DNA test - he went on record saying it would be irresponsible to let him play for this franchise without it, etc.
holfresh

3/15/2006  9:40 PM
Posted by Marv:

But don't forget Paxson had boxed himself in a corner with the DNA test - he went on record saying it would be irresponsible to let him play for this franchise without it, etc.

Marv, even if that's the case, you're telling me that no one else in the NBA would or could come up with a better package that what we are offering....

McK1
3/15/2006  9:41 PM
Posted by holfresh:

What imcompetant fool will give you Curry for the 300 lbs Sweetney and a mid first round pick?

Think about that...

what incompetent fool gives more than the organization can afford for a 300 lb Curry with health and work ethic issues?

Thought about it...NYK PBO Isiah Thomas

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-15-2006 9:41 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh

3/15/2006  9:49 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by holfresh:

Think about that...

what incompetent fool gives more than the organization can afford for a 300 lb Curry with health and work ethic issues?

The contract is not fully guaranteed bro....If he goes down because of his health god forbid, the Knicks are in the clear......

It's a chance worth taking...

McK1
3/15/2006  9:57 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by holfresh:

Think about that...

The contract is not fully guaranteed bro....If he goes down because of his health god forbid, the Knicks are in the clear......

It's a chance worth taking...

the picks don't come back in case of default.
CaZeek
3/15/2006  10:55 PM
Posted by PresIke:

The problem with this comparison, which has been raised on multiple ocassions, is that the current Curry is not the same as Curry with 4 years of college ball.

The evidence is getting stronger that players with college experience tend to be more mature. I think this has to do with several factors, but had Curry went to college I suspect he'd be more developed than he is after 4 years in the NBA.

I'm not referring to a hypothetical Curry with 4 years of college ball. I'm talking about the Eddy Curry that exists right now. If we know everything we know about him, and for some strange reason, David Stern decides that he is going to have Eddy Curry enter the NBA draft. Even after seeing the out of shape problems, I think he is working to get back in shape (really hard in the beginning of the season) until he got injured, and with all that, I'd still take Curry over anyone in this draft, even Aldridge (but as I said, I can completely understand people arguing against that).

Regardless, say we have the 2nd pick, 3rd pick, 4th pick. I'll take Curry hands down against anyone else in the draft, without a second thought.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/15/2006  10:57 PM
I would take Curry over Morrison.
Who would you pick if we had the number 1 pick and Eddy Curry was in the draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy