[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury: It's personal now (Sheridan - ESPN.com)
Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/16/2006  9:06 PM
i could care less what larry did in detroit cause he was handed on a silver platter with all the fixns a "made" team. detroit was that good, if lenny wilkens was coach detriot would've had 2 championships.

you would think a great coach such as larry brown coming home would show a little class and respect for the great city he loves.....hell no

instead he defends his record by saying all the teams he has ever coached always had a better record when he left....looked what he put this team and fans through....to accomplish what?

earl monroe on espn a couple a days ago said something to the effect regardless of the players a coach is delt he should at least show he can work something.

the only thing i seen larry work was league leading rotations while working fans and players into a state of confusion.

if you told me one of the 50 greatest nba players and a hall of fame coach could allow this to happen......resume don't mean jack

larry gets a pass? next year he'll be the poster coach of the year

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2006  10:29 PM
Posted by Marv:

This is Larry's MO. He has a long history with this - as in however many years with AI as a prime example. Larry is a nudge!

Marbs is a headstrong proud guy.

They are both major drama queens!!!

Put these two togehter on a losing team and you got fireworks! How inevitable was this! Plus with the two hauling in, what, $27M between them for the season, and having the greatest stage possible for their theatrics, Gotham City, they're milking it big time. They're reality stars. And at the moment I think it's just a big smokescreen. For what most people have already mentioned here - probabaly the biggest single clusterf**k season in the history of professional sports. Yay us!

But if we're talking pure basketball, I cast my stones thusly:

#1. At Larry Brown for doing a horrible job this season. Yes, he has a great history as a coach and I was personally ecstactic when we signed him. But every time he "gives in" and plays to the strengths of this squad he then backs off and mucks it up again. I think this has been one season where his insistence and stubborness have directly backfired.

#2. Isiah - for caving in and acquiring Jalen and Stevie. I was with him, win or lose, up to that point. But he lost me there. I don't think he has a clue what to do now.

HE had me at hello.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/16/2006  10:35 PM
Posted by Marv:

This is Larry's MO. He has a long history with this - as in however many years with AI as a prime example. Larry is a nudge!

Put these two togehter on a losing team and you got fireworks! How inevitable was this! Plus with the two hauling in, what, $27M between them for the season, and having the greatest stage possible for their theatrics, Gotham City, they're milking it big time. They're reality stars. And at the moment I think it's just a big smokescreen. For what most people have already mentioned here - probabaly the biggest single clusterf**k season in the history of professional sports. Yay us!

#1. At Larry Brown for doing a horrible job this season. Yes, he has a great history as a coach and I was personally ecstactic when we signed him. But every time he "gives in" and plays to the strengths of this squad he then backs off and mucks it up again. I think this has been one season where his insistence and stubborness have directly backfired.

#2. Isiah - for caving in and acquiring Jalen and Stevie. I was with him, win or lose, up to that point. But he lost me there. I don't think he has a clue what to do now.

it's pretty evident that marv is still holding a grudge for jerome being on inactive for so long.
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

3/16/2006  10:41 PM
Posted by Marv:

Marv, I think we have a breakthrough here..This might just possibly be the first time we have agreed on something....Tell it like it is brother....

[Edited by - holfresh on 03-16-2006 10:41 PM]
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/17/2006  3:10 PM
Posted by Bobby:

i could care less what larry did in detroit cause he was handed on a silver platter with all the fixns a "made" team. detroit was that good, if lenny wilkens was coach detriot would've had 2 championships.

Are you talking NBA championships or Champions of the Nursing Homes of America? Lenny was forgetting plays here, and he was such a health risks his assistants had to remind him in timeouts what was going on....this was a big thing when he quit/was fired.

~You can't run from who you are.~
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/17/2006  3:19 PM
Posted by Marv:

Zeke got players Larry wanted....that is a GM's job, compromise and get players that the coach wants and/or the GM feels will help win games. I can see passing the blame on Larry and Isiah, but when the players don't get a mention for being at fault in this crap season it burns me up.....Where is the accountability on this team?

I agree both Steph and Larry need to shut up but I have a question that has been bugging me for a while.

When they interview Larry, Larry says it is his fault he is not doing a good job coaching, it's on him. He seems to accept some mediocum of responsibility. BUT when you talk to Steph it is always someone else's fault. Steph has no accountability whatsoever. All he has been saing is it's LB's fault he hasn't played well. Or he calls out Q when Steph is playing like a marginal NBA starter. Or he says that It is his doing that Frye has a good game because a team is doubling on the pick and roll, but if Frye has bad games, I don't hear Steph saying, he didn't get him involved enough.

Let me make this pefectly clear, I am not a Steph hater...I would LOVE for him to lead these Knicks to the promised land, and I would actually feel bad if we got rid of him, but if it smeels like crap, looks like crap, tastes like crap, and feels like crap, it more than likely isn't filet mignon, if you get my drift.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/17/2006  3:52 PM
Posted by joec32033:

[
Zeke got players Larry wanted....that is a GM's job, compromise and get players that the coach wants and/or the GM feels will help win games. I can see passing the blame on Larry and Isiah, but when the players don't get a mention for being at fault in this crap season it burns me up.....Where is the accountability on this team?

I agree both Steph and Larry need to shut up but I have a question that has been bugging me for a while.

When they interview Larry, Larry says it is his fault he is not doing a good job coaching, it's on him. He seems to accept some mediocum of responsibility. BUT when you talk to Steph it is always someone else's fault. Steph has no accountability whatsoever. All he has been saing is it's LB's fault he hasn't played well. Or he calls out Q when Steph is playing like a marginal NBA starter. Or he says that It is his doing that Frye has a good game because a team is doubling on the pick and roll, but if Frye has bad games, I don't hear Steph saying, he didn't get him involved enough.

Let me make this pefectly clear, I am not a Steph hater...I would LOVE for him to lead these Knicks to the promised land, and I would actually feel bad if we got rid of him, but if it smeels like crap, looks like crap, tastes like crap, and feels like crap, it more than likely isn't filet mignon, if you get my drift.

joe, to me the jury's still out on whether Larry wanted Zeke to get these players. I know there are a lot of quotes in both directions. I still feel, though, that Larry isn't the type of guy to say "This is so crazy that it just might work," if he had really been behind the Francis trade.

Now let's assume for the sake of argument that Larry HAD asked for those players. I would have wanted Isiah to say to him, "Larry, I'm not extending this team's financial obligations out beyond the stratosphere, particularly for 2 guys that won't make a difference for us. It's already ridiculous. Work with our young players and I'll try to trade vets for vets if the deals are reasonable, if I agree with them and if they can be made."

As far as Steph goes, I agree with you that he's not doing himeself or anyone else any favors with these commnets. But I think that's secondary to his play on the court. That's what should be the focus here. Larry needs to use him in ways that help the team win. And if he's playing poorly, substitute for him. Then put him back in when he might again offer an advantage. Play it by the hoop and for the hoop. The rest is just carrying on by 2 guys with big egos who can't or don't want to stop themselves. Meanwhile, if this team did a miracle turnaround and won the majority of its remaining games this year, I betcha the whole tone changes and the talk of the off-season becomes the "dynamic creative tension" between Larry and Steph, just like it always was with Larry and AI.

I agree with the saying that winning cures everything. Losing, often and badly like we are, makes the crap come to the surface and Larry and Steph have huge ongoing contracts which shield them from giving a "crap" about what they step in!
Marbury: It's personal now (Sheridan - ESPN.com)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy