[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury: It's personal now (Sheridan - ESPN.com)
Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
3/15/2006  9:26 PM
IT'S A WRAP.. MARBURY IS DONE... IT'S GOT SO UGLY THAT THE FANS ARE BOOING HIM..

WITH THIS BATTLE, LARRY WILL WIN.. HE ALWAYS DO..

GOOD NOW WE'LL WIN 50 GAMES AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT SEASON .. JUST LIKE ANY TEAM THAT UNLOAD MARBURY..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/15/2006  9:31 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

IT'S A WRAP.. MARBURY IS DONE... IT'S GOT SO UGLY THAT THE FANS ARE BOOING HIM..

GOOD NOW WE'LL WIN 50 GAMES AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT SEASON .. JUST LIKE ANY TEAM THAT UNLOAD MARBURY..

YEAH AND WE AS FANS LOSE AS HE BURRIES THIS TEAM.....

HOPE UR HAPPY....

WOODMANnYk
USA
3/15/2006  9:35 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

YEAH AND WE AS FANS LOSE AS HE BURRIES THIS TEAM.....

HOPE UR HAPPY....

NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THIS YR.. WE'RE DONE.. 17 - 45 RECORD, WOULDN'T MATTER IF WE LOSE ALL OUR GAMES THIS YR.. TIME TO PREPARE FOR NEXT YR AND MARBURY WON'T BE PART OF IT...

I'LL BE HAPPY WHEN WE START WINNING NEXT YR..

The Future. GO KNICKS!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2006  9:38 PM
WHY IS EVERYONE SHOUTING?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
3/15/2006  9:49 PM
Posted by TMS:

WHY IS EVERYONE SHOUTING?

RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Are they really booing him? I'm not watching the game now...
WOODMANnYk
USA
3/15/2006  9:50 PM
MY STUPID LOWER CAPS NOT WORKING... HA..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/15/2006  10:10 PM
Posted by NYKfan1:

suspend marbury for conduct detrimental to team, and see what francis can do for us as the starter. also give nate a chance to play. i am so tired of marbury, he needs to go away. im not exactly a big brown supporter in the way he is handling this either but one problem at a time.

agree 100%
WOODMANnYk
USA
3/15/2006  10:35 PM
stuff him in the locker while the games are on..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/16/2006  9:06 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by NYKfan1:

suspend marbury for conduct detrimental to team, and see what francis can do for us as the starter. also give nate a chance to play. i am so tired of marbury, he needs to go away. im not exactly a big brown supporter in the way he is handling this either but one problem at a time.

agree 100%

what is Marbury doing that is so "Detrimental to the team"?

I swear...after the Keyshawn episode, this seems to be everyone's favorite word: Detrimental
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

3/16/2006  11:42 AM
Yeah I agree with you Swish. Does 'detrimental' mean playing hurt, a willingness to come back and play through pain in an otherwise lost season where just about any other guy would've packed it in and just collected his check? Or does it entail enduring the unnecessary wrath of your coach going to the media every single day with nonsense that should 100% be handled in house? OK, then Steph's 'detrimental'. I'm not the biggest fan of Marbury's sulking and bad body language and some of his comments are a bit off-the-wall, but I like him a lot as a player. He's a good player in his prime that we can win with. No doubt in my mind. He's not the problem. LB has done a dreadful job building relationships with his players, especially with Steph, just like he's done a piss-poor job with just about everything else.
I mean look at how he handled Trevor Ariza. I wasn't really as big of an Ariza fan as some of you guys but when there was a problem and the kid wanted to play instead of going to the press and calling the kid 'delusional' he should've sat the kid down in his office after practice and layed the law down. Then Ariza wanted to talk to the guy and LB GOES AND TELLS THE PRESS that he doesn't need to talk to the kid???? Granted Ariza never should've popped off himself (settle down there Bevis, you're still basically a rookie) but WTF is that about? One of your kids wants to talk to you - TALK TO HIM!!! I hated how Larry handled that. Rediculous.
Now the latest is Larry going to the press and feeling compelled to remind everyone about his prior success with guys like Haywood Wookman and Eric Snow as his PGs. Please. Enough with the Eric Snow stuff already, okay dude. Look, he's been around a long time and he's had a little bit of success and I agree with him about getting back to the basics as far as sharing the ball, rebounding, etc. but get over yourself. The guy's not nearly the miracle worker he thinks he is. He's won 1 championship with a team that could've won with me as the head coach. The Pistons will probably win it all again this year with Flip. That team's a machine, probably a dynasty if they keep that core together. All Larry had to do was show up and fill out the line-up card for Christ's sake. Bottom line for me is this mess with the Knicks this season falls solely on Brown, not on Steph. I love how this guy goes out of his way to make his best player out to be the goat for the team's demise when it's his fault! Real nice there Larry.
Bippity10
Member: #574
3/16/2006  12:33 PM
Marbs just needs to learn to take personal responsibility. This is something lost on him. The coach isn't playing, he is. I want to know what he has done for me lately.
I just hope that people will like me
Swishfm3
3/16/2006  1:02 PM
we wont get an answer Finestrg...

because the only hit that the Brown supporters have on Marbury is that he is flapping his gums to the media.

the same crime that Brown is doing....been doing.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2006  1:16 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:

because the only hit that the Brown supporters have on Marbury is that he is flapping his gums to the media.

this is an utter crap post.

Marb hasn't played D all year.

Marb hasn't been a team leader for his entire career.

Marb hasn't made his teammates better.

Marb hasn't made his team better.

Marb hasn't listen to the coach for the duration.

Marb hasn't bought into the team concept.

Marb hasn't put the team in front of his Starbury self.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bippity10
Member: #574
3/16/2006  1:32 PM
I'm rooting for the guy, but at some point in his career he has to put faith in his coach and follow him with blind faith. How many coach's does he have to play for and how many teammates before he starts thinking "maybe some of it has to do with me"
I just hope that people will like me
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2006  1:42 PM
Hate to pile on him, but I recall a year or so ago he was not getting any love from Lincoln High and thought he should be honored. I know Telfair has some championships, but does Marbury during his time there.

Im looking for a pattern.
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/16/2006  1:57 PM
Finestrg, you have echoed my thoughts exactly...I was a fan of Ariza tho and might be a bigger fan of Steph...Brown has had issues where ever he has been...How is that possible that a grown man who is thought of as one of the best coaches of all time....I was really excited when Brown was hired as the coach of this team because I knew he would bring the Knicks back to their heritage...playing hard nose defense and grind out every possesion...He lost me when it seemed like it was all about him...No communication with his players while dragging them through the press...I will always be a fan of the Knicks but I will never root for Brown....

I have never seen such a thing from any coach in the history of this game...Marbs is not without blame either, he should be suspended and may well be traded at the end of the day....But tell me this, how is that good for this team.....For all the talk about team ball, Marbs has been a team player on the court..He has been the only one getting people open shots in these games..I am convinced there is a direct correlation between David Lee's success and Marbs presence on the court....People talk about Marbs don't make people better, nonsense...Frye,Lee,Q2,Craw,Curry has all benefited from Marb presense on the court....

From Day one, Brown supporters try to make you choose between Marbs or Brown...I saw another thread Lee or Frye...amazing...Well when they get their wish and the Knicks continue to lose, at least I hope they will be happy..I know I won't...

Swishfm3
3/16/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Swishfm3:

and this is even a crappier post...

Marb hasn't played D all year...guess what...the WHOLE team hasn't played D all year. Either 12-15 players don't know how to play defense or someone isn't teaching it correctly

How do we know Marbs isn't a team leader? cuz he fights with his teammates?? For all we know, Marbs prolly got in KVH and Q1 face and told them to step the hell..they didn't like it and they started arguing. He's point guard...he directs traffic on the court and has avg 8 dimes for his career....as far as I'm concerned he is leading and has been getting his team involved.

has far as making his team better....I have to refer to assist again. We can all go and compare him to Kidd and Nash but both those players weren't making their teams "better" on their prior teams...so maybe some credit has to go to the coach and the system they were put in.

has far as not listening and not buying in to the team concept....I feel he has been doing that all season. and I point to his personal stat has proof. His personal averages have dipped dramatically because he has been trying to get into whatever system Brown is trying to install.

oohah
Member: #887
3/16/2006  2:01 PM

C'mon Martin,

In another thread a few weeks back, you wrote that Marbury played the best ball you have ever seen for a stretch this season.

Hate to pile on him, but I recall a year or so ago he was not getting any love from Lincoln High and thought he should be honored. I know Telfair has some championships, but does Marbury during his time there.

Yes, Marbury won the High School A championship on the garden floor.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2006  2:03 PM
Steph has played some incredible games this year.

I thought too before he got hurt he was buying into the system and it was working great!

I thought it was slow but it was coming together at times. I thought the teams defense was bad.

I don't know why Marbs is taking this all personal! He is the teams best player!

oohah
Member: #887
3/16/2006  2:07 PM
Steph has played some incredible games this year.

I thought too before he got hurt he was buying into the system and it was working great!

Could it be that Marbury was just paying well? Under Lenny Wilkens last year he was having a career season until his infamous "best PG" remarks. (A jinx if I ever saw one.)

How come when Marbury plays well and the team wins LB gets credit, but when Marbury is good and the Knicks lose, it is Marbury's fault and everybody but LB's fault?
I thought it was slow but it was coming together at times. I thought the teams defense was bad.

I don't know why Marbs is taking this all personal! He is the teams best player!

How can one not take it personal when the coach makes it personal...in public?

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
Marbury: It's personal now (Sheridan - ESPN.com)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy