[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury: It's personal now (Sheridan - ESPN.com)
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/15/2006  6:03 PM
I keep hearing suspend larry? for what? geez!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/15/2006  6:13 PM
the media is having a field day w/this one. we'll see who has the last laugh, wait till' were competitive in about 14-15yrs.
sbb30
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #999

3/15/2006  6:25 PM
Larry Brown has quit on this team -- at least by now, and maybe long ago. You don't run your players down in the media like that no matter what -- it hurts the team, in their trade value if not in their actual play. He did it to Ariza, made him worthless to the team, and ran him out of town for a guy we didn't need -- unless it was part of his plan to run Marbury out too. Stephon is far from perfect in this, and far from perfect as a player, and I'm not writing this to defend him. But it his job to play, and the coach's job to get the most out of his players, not get in stupid pissing matches with them. Do other coaches do this? I can't think of one right now. Brown has quit and is pitting his own reputation against his player's. He's preaching team but he's busy saving himself. We all know there's no 'I' in team, right? Well everything Larry's quoted on in that article is about 'I'.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
3/15/2006  6:29 PM
what a disgrace our franchise has turned into
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/15/2006  6:29 PM
Posted by sbb30:

Larry Brown has quit on this team -- at least by now, and maybe long ago.

the dude has one hip and he's standing up arguing with refs and calling plays to the very last second of the game. he hasn't quit on the team.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/15/2006  6:39 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by sbb30:

Larry Brown has quit on this team -- at least by now, and maybe long ago.

the dude has one hip and he's standing up arguing with refs and calling plays to the very last second of the game. he hasn't quit on the team.
But Marbury argues with refs too! That's not much of a standard

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2006  6:41 PM
Posted by holfresh:

OK, Mart....Having watch the games...Have you not ever heard Breen say that this is the best he has seen Marbs play D in his career...And that Marbs can play D when he wants to?...Tell me you have never heard that....

don't you see that's EXACTLY what's so maddening about Stephon Marbury? the fact that IF HE WANTED to, he could play pretty good D... but the problem is, he doesn't want to... & what's even MORE maddening is, he had the gall to come out & say that he wasn't going to play the style of game that LB wanted him to play next year & would return to his old selfish "Starbury" style ball... now how can you blame Larry Brown for being frustrated by Steph's inconsistent effort on defense all year long when he goes & does things like this? a good defensive player isn't someone who plays good D when he feels like it... a good defender is one who plays good D every game night in & night out, no matter how bad the rest of his team is playing & no matter if he's hitting his shots that game or not.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/15/2006  6:46 PM
I said it when we traded for Stevie Franchise and I will say it again:

Steph is expendable now and possibly both of them are.

From what I have read the past few days I think it is pretty clear - Steph is on his way out the door. A couple other posters noticed the same thing. This relationship is now over, it just gets nasty right before someone leaves the house (in this case Steph) but we all know it is coming. He should be a man and get his trade value to solidify or increase because at this rate we wont get much back for him.

You know how ESPN loves this kind of stuff - last year it was T.O. this year its Steph. I just dont want to see the Knicks get nothing in return for him. As another poster said - I would love nothing more then to see him turn things around and turn the Knicks around too - but I just dont see it happening. This relationship is over and the sooner it is finished off, the better.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/15/2006  6:48 PM
Posted by sbb30:

Larry Brown has quit on this team -- at least by now, and maybe long ago. You don't run your players down in the media like that no matter what -- it hurts the team, in their trade value if not in their actual play. He did it to Ariza, made him worthless to the team, and ran him out of town for a guy we didn't need -- unless it was part of his plan to run Marbury out too. Stephon is far from perfect in this, and far from perfect as a player, and I'm not writing this to defend him. But it his job to play, and the coach's job to get the most out of his players, not get in stupid pissing matches with them. Do other coaches do this? I can't think of one right now. Brown has quit and is pitting his own reputation against his player's. He's preaching team but he's busy saving himself. We all know there's no 'I' in team, right? Well everything Larry's quoted on in that article is about 'I'.

You hit it on the head. I can't stand LB's double talk. He'll wax poetic for five minutes on how he doesn't have any good players, how they didn't give effort, how some don't have a "Head" as he put it, then at the end of all that....he'll slip in...But I need to coach better."

I don;t want to sound like I'm on Marbs side, because I was all for trading him way back in November, but he's right when he says that LB spends too much time ripping players in the papers. You can't talk to him one on one because it'll end up in the paper any way. LB is constantly preaching team, team, but then he turns around and rips his players in the media (Curry, Marbury, JJ, Ariza.) Whatever happened to what goes on in the lockeroom, stays in the lockeroom.

There is no way this collection of talent should only have 17 wins. Not saying thee a playoff team, but LB has done the worse coaching job in the NBA this yr.

"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/15/2006  6:49 PM
dude, stop confusing coaching "personality" with coaching "ability"

larry lame talks a good game but has yet displayed any ability to coach our knicks, period
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
3/15/2006  6:52 PM
Hey, just sit back and enjoy the show guys! It ain't basketball, but it'll do until some actual basketball comes along.

Don't take it too seriously. This stuff is getting funny.
https:// It's not so hard.
nysoldier
Member: #1040
Iraq
3/15/2006  6:55 PM
I dont blame Marbury for striking back...if Brown can do it he can do it too
God/Country/Knicks
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
3/15/2006  6:59 PM
[IMG_block] http://www.memphisdrivers.com/img/now_its_personal_477X93.jpg [/IMG_block]
https:// It's not so hard.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/15/2006  7:09 PM
Marbury and Brown should get the suckers of the year award. The media goaded these two clowns way to easily.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/15/2006  7:20 PM
Posted by islesfan:

Why doesn't Isiah come out and support Marbury like the son that he's supposed to be to him? What, no kisses anymore?

Isiah is like that other blood sucking leech, Don King. He attaches himself to the flavor of the month until they're done and then he moves on to the next flavor. From Marbury to Nate to Frye and Curry. I wonder who it'll be this summer.

the worse thing I.Thomas can do now is pick a side
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/15/2006  7:20 PM
Posted by holfresh:

I have to hand it to Larry tho....He has the ESPN poll saying the bad season is Steph's fault...

wow.

what about those x amount of games that he was out because of injury??
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/15/2006  7:26 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:

OK, Mart....Having watch the games...Have you not ever heard Breen say that this is the best he has seen Marbs play D in his career...And that Marbs can play D when he wants to?...Tell me you have never heard that....

don't you see that's EXACTLY what's so maddening about Stephon Marbury? the fact that IF HE WANTED to, he could play pretty good D... but the problem is, he doesn't want to... & what's even MORE maddening is, he had the gall to come out & say that he wasn't going to play the style of game that LB wanted him to play next year & would return to his old selfish "Starbury" style ball... now how can you blame Larry Brown for being frustrated by Steph's inconsistent effort on defense all year long when he goes & does things like this? a good defensive player isn't someone who plays good D when he feels like it... a good defender is one who plays good D every game night in & night out, no matter how bad the rest of his team is playing & no matter if he's hitting his shots that game or not.

Steph should be playing harder on D, I do agree, but for Larry to constantly berate the guy in the press, when Steph is not the problem with the team, is baffling to me...I can understand Steph frustration...Can you really say that Steph is the reason why the Knicks aren't winning..Larry is suggesting that much....

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2006  7:54 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by FrenchKnicks:

How is it possible not to hate Stephon?

Because he is the only one on this team you can count on bringing it every night...

er, Marb maybe brings it on the O end every night, except maybe that Orlando game where he went 0-9, but he he has brought it about once or twice on the D end of things. I'm talking about all game long, not just for 5 minutes.

He has brought it on D on many occasions but not every night as you say...but the haters won't even grant him that....

Many occasions? Dude you must be watching different games than the rest of us. How about this... in the last 5 games, who has he stopped?

Breen said it so it must be.

Marbs CAN play D when he wants to, but that's the catch. When has he wanted to? Once for a quarter out of 10 games? Against an aging and herniated Grant Hill? Defense is effort man and you got to do it every minute of every game.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2006  9:02 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:

Steph should be playing harder on D, I do agree, but for Larry to constantly berate the guy in the press, when Steph is not the problem with the team, is baffling to me...I can understand Steph frustration...Can you really say that Steph is the reason why the Knicks aren't winning..Larry is suggesting that much....

some of LB's coming out in the media has been overdone, i agree, but when Steph plays well i always hear LB point out that much to the media as well (& by "well" i'm not just saying accumulating stats like in the DEN game while not getting the rest of your teammates involved)... LB's been around this game long enough to know what winning basketball is all about... he just wants Steph to buy into that style & to stop thinking about living up to some ridiculous "Starbury the best PG in the NBA" image that he has in his own head, because that's not what makes great teams great.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/15/2006  9:06 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by FrenchKnicks:

How is it possible not to hate Stephon?

Because he is the only one on this team you can count on bringing it every night...

er, Marb maybe brings it on the O end every night, except maybe that Orlando game where he went 0-9, but he he has brought it about once or twice on the D end of things. I'm talking about all game long, not just for 5 minutes.

He has brought it on D on many occasions but not every night as you say...but the haters won't even grant him that....

Many occasions? Dude you must be watching different games than the rest of us. How about this... in the last 5 games, who has he stopped?

Breen said it so it must be.

Marbs CAN play D when he wants to, but that's the catch. When has he wanted to? Once for a quarter out of 10 games? Against an aging and herniated Grant Hill? Defense is effort man and you got to do it every minute of every game.

Well I figure you would value the opinion of someone who see all the games and is unbiased, and calls it like it is...He has no dog in this fight....By the way, Grant Hill didnt look too old and herniated when Lee was guarding him...

Marbury: It's personal now (Sheridan - ESPN.com)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy