[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury vs. Brown - Let's end this debate...
Author Thread
Travla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #723
USA
3/15/2006  4:47 PM
I won't side with either. Marbs just wants the chains off, he is not a good defender, never has been. There are lots of non-defenders in the NBA. Marbs is not suggesting they don't play defense, he's suggesting that LB allows them to breathe, not make them afraid to make a mistake or wonder if they will even get off the bench this game, the next game or for the rest of the game that they are currently playing. As I've said before, averaging 20 and 8 isn't selfish. If you average 8 assists, that usually means you've attempted to get more but the guys missed layups, jumpshots and dunks.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/15/2006  4:47 PM
Posted by simrud:

I'd go with Brown (suprsie suprsie lol).

I hate the offensive teams. They are soft and ultimatley boring to watch. There is no passion. Nothign worse then seating though an allstar game is there? The last thign I want to see is a team that scores 100+pts a night and gives up 100+ a night, where you only really need to see the last 2 mintues of the game, aka the 80's!.

NBA was most popular during the late 80's and 90's when defense was played, and to score, on every basket, somethign interesting had to happen. A play had to be executed, some skill needed to be displayed.

I'd rather watch the Knicks of the 90's battle it out with the Pacers in the conference finals, or better yet any oldschool Heat-Knick game, then watch Nash prance around the court and a bunch of guys shootin open 3's all game in a Suns game. It gets old after 10 minutes.

Why do you think Euroball is do damn boring and not not nearly as popular as the NBA even in Europe? Because its the defensless open game that the NBA is tryin for some reason to establish right now.

So all in all with Brown I go.

Sim I agree with you 1000% I have been saying the SAME thing for awhile now and even using the Knicks/Heat and Knicks/Pacers rivalries as my examples too! I'll side with Larry Brown and teams like the Spurs and Pistons. Defense Defense Defense. Winning starts with defense.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 03-15-2006 4:48 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/15/2006  5:11 PM
Posted by Travla:

I won't side with either. Marbs just wants the chains off, he is not a good defender, never has been. There are lots of non-defenders in the NBA. Marbs is not suggesting they don't play defense, he's suggesting that LB allows them to breathe, not make them afraid to make a mistake or wonder if they will even get off the bench this game, the next game or for the rest of the game that they are currently playing. As I've said before, averaging 20 and 8 isn't selfish. If you average 8 assists, that usually means you've attempted to get more but the guys missed layups, jumpshots and dunks.

I don't think its an indictment of Marbs defense, but Marbs statement of taking it personal.

The team until it plays defense is not going to breath, or be released from the shackles of the internment of racial or cultural repression so inflicted by former dutch colonialization of western Africa and the British involvment of that region instead concentrating on trades routes thru India despite the ottoman empire and the roots of Karl Marx's teachings in its infancy at the base of Englands industrial revolution. Had Napoleon succeeded in his expansion eastward I doubt the Mulim movement in the balkens would have been as epressive and perhaps the archduke takes a different route and thus postponing the outbreak of war at the centurys turn.

And thats what broke baby birds balloon............

nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
3/15/2006  5:14 PM
I doubt Marbury wants a system where no D is played. I don't know ehere that one is coming from. Sadly he's probably been one of the better Knicks on D this season. I wouldn't say that him not being a good defender makes him want a no defense system. After all Jamal wants the team play better D but he's the worst defender we got. Brown's system has been awful this year with his shifting lineups and laughable in game decisions.

That being said there is no way Marbs should be saying the things he is now. There's nothing to be gained by it. Then again neither should Brown. They are both being pretty poor professionals at this point.
Posted by jskinny35:

It seems clear that the board is divided between siding with Brown and Marbury. We all want the same thing, and it is likely one of these two would have to go - to end the power struggle going on that is affecting the rest of the team. Instead of focusing on who deserves more blame, I think we should be asking ourselves what type of team do we want. Marbury's team would be an "open offense" that would struggle on D - trying to outscore opponents. Brown's team would be similar to the 90's Knicks where D is the focus, and the offense would (at times) be less flashy. Whether we have the personnel for the team, whether it's the coach or players fault is irrelevant at this time. We can get players that fit the system we are trying to use, or get a different coach. Don't pick what you think is easier, but what would embody the type of team you would like. We're all disappointed with this year, the coaching, the players and chemistry. Let's go back to figuring out what type of team the Knicks should be trying to be? I vote for the 90's defensive team because I never regretted any losses because the D was there. Therefore, I side with Brown. What do you Pick?

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/15/2006  5:17 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Travla:

I don't think its an indictment of Marbs defense, but Marbs statement of taking it personal.

The team until it plays defense is not going to breath, or be released from the shackles of the internment of racial or cultural repression so inflicted by former dutch colonialization of western Africa and the British involvment of that region instead concentrating on trades routes thru India despite the ottoman empire and the roots of Karl Marx's teachings in its infancy at the base of Englands industrial revolution. Had Napoleon succeeded in his expansion eastward I doubt the Mulim movement in the balkens would have been as epressive and perhaps the archduke takes a different route and thus postponing the outbreak of war at the centurys turn.

And thats what broke baby birds balloon............

yeah, C-I-L-L my landlord...

[Edited by - djsunyc on 03-15-2006 5:18 PM]
Marbury vs. Brown - Let's end this debate...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy