[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury vs. Brown - Let's end this debate...
Author Thread
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
3/15/2006  11:47 AM
It seems clear that the board is divided between siding with Brown and Marbury. We all want the same thing, and it is likely one of these two would have to go - to end the power struggle going on that is affecting the rest of the team. Instead of focusing on who deserves more blame, I think we should be asking ourselves what type of team do we want. Marbury's team would be an "open offense" that would struggle on D - trying to outscore opponents. Brown's team would be similar to the 90's Knicks where D is the focus, and the offense would (at times) be less flashy. Whether we have the personnel for the team, whether it's the coach or players fault is irrelevant at this time. We can get players that fit the system we are trying to use, or get a different coach. Don't pick what you think is easier, but what would embody the type of team you would like. We're all disappointed with this year, the coaching, the players and chemistry. Let's go back to figuring out what type of team the Knicks should be trying to be? I vote for the 90's defensive team because I never regretted any losses because the D was there. Therefore, I side with Brown. What do you Pick?
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2006  11:49 AM
LB in a landslide... it's not even close.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/15/2006  11:55 AM
I wouldn't mind if they all go. Isiah, Dolan, Mills, Brown, Marbury. But at this point it would be better if Isiah, Mills and Marbury depart the city. Let Brown coach and gm this team. Hell bring Rik out of retirement. Bring in Snow and Tyrone Hill.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/15/2006  11:59 AM
unfortunately I don't think Isiah is going anywhere. At least not until he trades another lottery pick for another 300LB 13 & 6 player
ItaliaKnick
Member: #716
3/15/2006  12:09 PM
LB should have asked if Starbury defends any better than marbury after Brevin Knight beat him off the dribble the other night all night long and brevin Knight can't shoot so he should have been playing off him. When they showed halftime highlites every charlotte highlite began with Knight beeting Marbury and then he has the balls to talk smak after the game. This guy must go.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/15/2006  12:11 PM
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

LB should have asked if Starbury defends any better than marbury after Brevin Knight beat him off the dribble the other night all night long and brevin Knight can't shoot so he should have been playing off him. When they showed halftime highlites every charlotte highlite began with Knight beeting Marbury and then he has the balls to talk smak after the game. This guy must go.

Agree! Bye Bye Stephon.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/15/2006  12:20 PM
you know, in high school, the debate team went to boston for a big multi-high school debate competition. high schools from nyc, boston, and connecticut all participated in this competition in massachussetts.

in fact, it was dubbed "the mass. debate"

everyone had so much fun, that everyone on every debate team couldn't wait to "mass. debate".

true story.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/15/2006  12:29 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

I wouldn't mind if they all go. Isiah, Dolan, Mills, Brown, Marbury.
That's my view too. That said, if Marbury's battling with Brown, Marbury's picking a battle he CANNOT win. Brown's been a terrible coach here, but the media and most fans will always side with him due to success with other teams.

Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

3/15/2006  12:43 PM
if you LISTEN to LB talk about the situation on Msgnetwork.com then i think u can't agree with steph... LB makes great points
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/15/2006  1:45 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Pharzeone:

I wouldn't mind if they all go. Isiah, Dolan, Mills, Brown, Marbury.
That's my view too. That said, if Marbury's battling with Brown, Marbury's picking a battle he CANNOT win. Brown's been a terrible coach here, but the media and most fans will always side with him due to success with other teams.

ANd here I thought it was because he was white? Silly Rabbit.

holfresh
Member: #1081

3/15/2006  1:57 PM
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

Do you guys understand the game...The rules were changed so you can't hand check the player on the perimeter anymore...It was designed to give the perimeter player the advantage so the defnder can't slow you down....You also see nightly that Steph blows by people....All across the NBA, players are getting blown by, it's the game....
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2006  2:06 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

Do you guys understand the game...The rules were changed so you can't hand check the player on the perimeter anymore...It was designed to give the perimeter player the advantage so the defnder can't slow you down....You also see nightly that Steph blows by people....All across the NBA, players are getting blown by, it's the game....

when players like Milt Palacio, Tyronn Lue & Mo Williams are regularly blowing by your starting "star" PG for easy layups, then there's a problem w/the perimeter defense, not the rules.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/15/2006  2:15 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

when players like Milt Palacio, Tyronn Lue & Mo Williams are regularly blowing by your starting "star" PG for easy layups, then there's a problem w/the perimeter defense, not the rules.

I think we should also acknowledge the problem of no shotblocker to swat them when they do.

And VERY little defensive switching by the forwards.
ItaliaKnick
Member: #716
3/15/2006  2:15 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

Oh Ok thanks for clearing that up...Marbury for defensive MVP. Watch Chauncy Billups defend and as stated Knight can't shoot and he still blew by him. Been watching this game since 72.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/15/2006  2:34 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

I think we should also acknowledge the problem of no shotblocker to swat them when they do.

Every good basketball team needs one on one defenders. It is crucial for a team defense's success. Therefore, it's never about a shotblocker cleaning up the garbage after the guards always get blown by. But if you have good defenders AND that good shotblocker, then the team defense directs any driving players towards that shotblocker, while everyone rotates to the proper spots. But when all your guards suck on defense and get regularly blown by, your shotblocker is going to foul out.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/15/2006  3:15 PM
Its a team effort that is NOT happening. THis is not just on Marbs. Marbs does not speak in terms of the team.

There are too many "i" in Knicks!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/15/2006  4:04 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

taa-daa

but to answer the thread.....I'm sticking with Marbury.

why?

because I actually COACH a basketball team here on my base...and I'm a assistant coach on the all base team. I/we have to deal with that 1 or 2 players that was a star back home and think they can do it all.....I/we don't degrade them....I/we don't limit them. we adjust to our team/players every year and if they have problems "adjusting" then they see less and less time on the court.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/15/2006  4:10 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by ItaliaKnick:

isiah said, and i quote, "shot-blocking is overrated"
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/15/2006  4:29 PM
I'd go with Brown (suprsie suprsie lol).

I hate the offensive teams. They are soft and ultimatley boring to watch. There is no passion. Nothign worse then seating though an allstar game is there? The last thign I want to see is a team that scores 100+pts a night and gives up 100+ a night, where you only really need to see the last 2 mintues of the game, aka the 80's!.

NBA was most popular during the late 80's and 90's when defense was played, and to score, on every basket, somethign interesting had to happen. A play had to be executed, some skill needed to be displayed.

I'd rather watch the Knicks of the 90's battle it out with the Pacers in the conference finals, or better yet any oldschool Heat-Knick game, then watch Nash prance around the court and a bunch of guys shootin open 3's all game in a Suns game. It gets old after 10 minutes.

Why do you think Euroball is do damn boring and not not nearly as popular as the NBA even in Europe? Because its the defensless open game that the NBA is tryin for some reason to establish right now.

So all in all with Brown I go.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
3/15/2006  4:39 PM
No one is going to be on Marbury's side. His most recent (not yesterday's) comments are totally intolerable. Even if he is right, he should have never said this. But you are not going to see me saying anything good about Larry Brown, because all he has done since he came here is talk and complain instead of coaching.
Marbury vs. Brown - Let's end this debate...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy