[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

dido doesn't like coach brown
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/15/2006  11:01 AM
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=492506

I know, some of you will say here is another thread about Brown and Marb. Look here, for Brown to blame our poor defense on Marb, is absurd. The cat is not the only player on this roster; as far as I am concerned this whole roster is horrible defensively. No block shots, steals, etc? how do you attribute those things to Marb? Brown needs to go and get his head checked. You could tell that he is dillusional when he said that Crawford is our best perimeter defender....

What kind of a leader is he? as our head-coach, he proves to be very immature by going the same route that Marb did to retaliate. Our defensive scheme is bad because of the way Brown is teaching it and because of the makeup of our roster.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/15/2006  11:08 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

I know, some of you will say here is another thread about Brown and Marb. Look here, for Brown to blame our poor defense on Marb, is absurd. The cat is not the only player on this roster; as far as I am concerned this whole roster is horrible defensively. No block shots, steals, etc? how do you attribute those things to Marb? Brown needs to go and get his head checked. You could tell that he is dillusional when he said that Crawford is our best perimeter defender....

What kind of a leader is he? as our head-coach, he proves to be very immature by going the same route that Marb did to retaliate. Our defensive scheme is bad because of the way Brown is teaching it and because of the makeup of our roster.

IT was Statbury that started this by saying Browns system was holding him back and "starbury" will return. Larry retorted with the stat line.

Brown never said Marb was the sole reason for our bad Defense. He quoted the team stats.

Notice nobody came to Statbury's defense (pun intended!) Q and Jamal even backed brown!

Marbury has proven he can fill up the stat sheet and we can lose. He has not proven he can fill it up and win. Advantage: Larry

I miss dido. He speaks for a whole generation.

[Edited by - nalod on 03-15-2006 11:10 AM]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2006  11:15 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Isn't that where Bonn steps in?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/15/2006  11:27 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by djsunyc:

IT was Statbury that started this by saying Browns system was holding him back and "starbury" will return. Larry retorted with the stat line.

Brown never said Marb was the sole reason for our bad Defense. He quoted the team stats.

Notice nobody came to Statbury's defense (pun intended!) Q and Jamal even backed brown!

Marbury has proven he can fill up the stat sheet and we can lose. He has not proven he can fill it up and win. Advantage: Larry

To be fair Billups said the same thing while the Pistons were winning. Reggie Miller said the same thing.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/15/2006  11:27 AM
Dido misses Dido.

The above post was 'Delusional, at its finest
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/15/2006  11:35 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by djsunyc:

Would that be generation dufus

I still like Marbury and have supported him[although i hated his trade] but his comments the other day are the basis of why this team scks. To many overpaid guys who worry about money stats stardom their name--and that DOES include both our coach and GM. But at the end of the day, the ONLY guy with credibility is Larry. Isiah has been involved with running teams as either a coach or GM for 10m years now and while he has showed promise along the way, took Dolan's credit card and turned himself into the biggest idiot in sports management history to the point he has stained his own greatness as a player. Jees I loved Isiah the player--most of these cats on real GM probably never watched Isiah play 1 minute, what a tremendous tough clutch player. Its come to the point of looking at a guy you respect so much, a guy you WANTED BADLY to do well here and the guy has just let everyone down
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/15/2006  11:38 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Its come to the point of looking at a guy you respect so much, a guy you WANTED BADLY to do well here and the guy has just let everyone down

remind you of anybody else here...i'll give you a hint, his last name is james, and his first name is donkey kong.

at a subscriber forum a few weeks ago, the day of the francis deal, allan houston was there signing autographs and steve mills spoke. isiah then showed up unannounced and spoke as well. when he talked about allan houston, he said if we only had guys as tough and as dedicated as allan, we would be in a better place. it was a funny comment by a man that brought in all of these nancies to begin with. (no offense to the nancies out there)
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2006  11:47 AM
i had high expectations & hopes for Marbury when he came here... i really wanted him to repair his selfish image & find success in NY because i actually had felt alot of his criticism was undeserved... that was before i got to see just how he carried himself on the court game in & game out, & gotten to see from his own comments & actions how just completely clueless this guy is as to what a winning player & leader of a team ought to be... now i've completely lost hope for him ever to be the player to help this team win a championship in the future... time for him to go.

as for Isiah, he was the toughest & most respected PG from the old days in my eyes when i first started watching basketball... i always wanted a guy like him to be the PG of the Knicks... too bad Marbury could never hope to be the leader Isiah was... as far as a GM, i have 1 last hope that he'll swing something big this offseason & get this team their first true franchise player since Ewing left... if not, it's time for him to go too.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
3/15/2006  12:45 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i disagree with k4ever, Larry didnt blame marbury for those stats, he just stated them as reasons why we can't win playing the "starbury" way, and based on what happened the other night against denver, I agree with brown. To be perfectly honest we actually looked like a better team when we played denver, but we're better off in the long run, trying to become the team that larry wants us to become. I always thought larry was never the right coach to hire in this particualar stage of this franchise's development, but now that he's here it only makes sense that he should be accomodated. his record is much better than marbury's and if steph wont buy into his system, then he needs to high tail it outta here.

[Edited by - slimpack on 03-15-2006 1:00 PM]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/15/2006  12:54 PM
Posted by TMS:

i had high expectations & hopes for Marbury when he came here... i really wanted him to repair his selfish image & find success in NY because i actually had felt alot of his criticism was undeserved... that was before i got to see just how he carried himself on the court game in & game out, & gotten to see from his own comments & actions how just completely clueless this guy is as to what a winning player & leader of a team ought to be... now i've completely lost hope for him ever to be the player to help this team win a championship in the future... time for him to go.

as for Isiah, he was the toughest & most respected PG from the old days in my eyes when i first started watching basketball... i always wanted a guy like him to be the PG of the Knicks... too bad Marbury could never hope to be the leader Isiah was... as far as a GM, i have 1 last hope that he'll swing something big this offseason & get this team their first true franchise player since Ewing left... if not, it's time for him to go too.
ditto... bigtime. I dont hate him, or anyone else on the roster. More the colllection of them.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/15/2006  1:47 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Nalod:

Isn't that where Bonn steps in?

.......and you do the hokey pokey and your turn your self around....Thats what its all about!

Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/15/2006  1:54 PM
LMAO.. you are a funny dude Nalod!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/15/2006  2:28 PM
Please post any dido predictions. I need a laugh in this dismal year.

[Edited by - NYKBocker on 03-15-2006 2:29 PM]
dido doesn't like coach brown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy